The Exile.

nemhook

So why did BW kill off the Exile.

Was it because a hero needed to die.

He was in the wrong place at the wrong time.

he trusted the wrong Sith (is there a right one)

he tripped on a rock fell; on his back, then wiggled around since he has an extremely long cd.

Or was in just for the simple reason that BW didn't invent him and we was in KOTOR 2.

Could have been any reason really.

So why did BW kill off the Exile.

Was it because a hero needed to die.

She was in the wrong place at the wrong time.

she trusted the wrong Sith (is there a right one)

she tripped on a rock fell; on her back, then wiggled around since she has an extremely long cd.

Or was in just for the simple reason that BW didn't invent her and she was in KOTOR 2.

Could have been any reason really.

Pretty much number two. Scourge foresaw their defeat at the Emperors hands. He knew if he helped them he would fall as well. He knew he had to help the one destined to defeat the Emperor. Therefore he betrayed them. Killed the Exile. Revan was defeated.

Edited by Rhyltran

Firstly, Meetra Surik was female.

Secondly, to make up an excuse for Revan losing because they would never risk their fanboys by having Revan lose fairly.

Thirdly, I do think Drew just kicked her to the curb, didn't bother learning anything about her beyond her Wiki page and killed her off for a dramatic ending that in reality should have just been Revan himself dying, I guess they couldn't help themselves but to put Revan in this game, 'get teh fat fanboyz moneys.', if you will.

To go even further, i think 'Revan' was an absolute rush job, far worse than KotOR II was, it was short, didn't develop the story properly and the amount of contradictions against canon were glaringly painful, for example, how does Revan go from just being promoted to Jedi Knight at the end of KotOR, to a Jedi Master basically next week? the amount of things Drew pulled out of his *** when writing that novel, killed all of the excitement, entertainment and especially the ending for me.

Firstly, Meetra Surik was female.

Secondly, to make up an excuse for Revan losing because they would never risk their fanboys by having Revan lose fairly.

Thirdly, I do think Drew just kicked her to the curb, didn't bother learning anything about her beyond her Wiki page and killed her off for a dramatic ending that in reality should have just been Revan himself dying, I guess they couldn't help themselves but to put Revan in this game, 'get teh fat fanboyz moneys.', if you will.

To go even further, i think 'Revan' was an absolute rush job, far worse than KotOR II was, it was short, didn't develop the story properly and the amount of contradictions against canon were glaringly painful, for example, how does Revan go from just being promoted to Jedi Knight at the end of KotOR, to a Jedi Master basically next week? the amount of things Drew pulled out of his *** when writing that novel, killed all of the excitement, entertainment and especially the ending for me.

So why don't we have KOTOR 3 again?

I know this is stating the obvious, but that's not fair to KOTOR fans...we play their MMO regardless, and we still want KOTOR 3

EA doesn't care, KotOR 3 won't do anything for them, Mass Effect 3 is the closest you'll get, in-fact Obsidian wanted to make KotOR III, but LucasArts and BioWare both said no.

I'd love a KotOR III, but it won't happen after TOR and 'Revan'.

I wonder if this wasn't to do with the fact that the Exile was just plain weird. As-written, the Exile was a walking wound in the Force that throbbed with the despair and pain of the death of a whole planet, and drew strength from forming force-bonds with all and sundry (and occasionally killing them).

Awesome concept, but it just doesn't fit in a more traditional type of story. It's kind of like the Yuuzhan Vong again - great idea, wrong tone.

Its a she not a he

All the revisionist Bioware BS in the world can't stop me from knowing deep in the shriveled, blackened thing I am forced to call a soul that the Exile wasn't actually Jedi Jesus.

Look at that beard. That's the beard of the man who can save the Jedi Order from extinction.

Also, Handmaiden is just a much better character than Disciple. That guy is a sniveling, weak chinned little $^*&. While she is a crazy amazon who likes to wrestle with you while naked. There is a clear winner here.

It's not Disciple.

Edit:

It's kind of like the Yuuzhan Vong again - great idea, wrong tone.

No my friend, you may pick only one of the following items to be in your sentence.

1.Yuuzhan Vong

2. great idea

You can't have both. It's just not possible.

Edited by wavyhill

Astounding, you managed to quote my post without reading a single thing in it. Well done.

Well your post made no sense in the way it was written, so I changed 'Wasn't' to 'was', as it was the closest thing to actually making sense, as your original post had a negative that was followed by a second contradictory negative.

Edited by Rayla_Felana

No more than you hang around to spoil peoples fun by not understanding grammar and being slavishly devoted to bad retcons.

Firstly, I understood your nihilistic post perfectly and secondly, no retconing has taken place, these false accusations of retcons only serve to disguise the fact that the 'revan' novel is filled with canonical contradictions.(This is commonly mistaken to be retconning when in-fact it is merely the author forgetting half the damn story.)

Hell why not call the KotOR era 'Plot Wars', as that is exactly what Mr. Karpyshyn has started to wage on his own works.

nihilistic

I'd advise you to not use words you do not comprehend in the future.

Well your post made no sense

Firstly, I understood your nihilistic post perfectly

All my "WAT?"s. All of them.

no retconing has taken place

filled with canonical contradictions

A pity I already used up all my incredulity. I could use some more right now.

Alright, alright. Let's save the hate for the lightning bolts, people.

Ms. Surik is certainly a force to be reckon with, but the book, Star Wars: The Old Republic: Revan, is, not surprisingly, more about Revan. I say, "more," because what the book is actually about is Star Wars: The Old Republic. It was more of a "psyche you up" kind of book rather than "complete the story" kind of book (read any of the fight scenes and you'll see the floating numbers).

With that in mind, you'll start to see the homage due to both of these characters are mostly in lines that almost seem thrown away. Lord Scourge is impressed with the searing heat of Force emanating from both Surik and Revan, but who cares, right? Lord Scourge seems like a nobody character, but that's out-of-context of the fact that he is acknowledged as more powerful than the Dark Council the following week, and I don't think that's just because he lost the feeling in his skin.

I'm not entirely certain what contradictions occurred within the novel, however. The first thing that came to mind was I was originally under the impression that Revan told Canderous where to find the mask and the left, instead it's that and more as he tells Canderous where he thinks the mask is and takes him there to point it out, then leaves, but I didn't see that as much of a contradiction and more of an extension.

So, what was it that drew your suspicions? (Drew Karpyshyn pun not intended)

[...] how does Revan go from just being promoted to Jedi Knight at the end of KotOR, to a Jedi Master basically next week?

The Revan novel wasn't the first to have a continuity discrepancy regarding Revan's status as a Knight or a Master. The Sith Lords Chronicles, for example, which was published on StarWars.com prior to the release of KOTOR II, identified Revan as a Jedi Master during the Mandalorian Wars. LucasFilm's continuity guru Leland Chee even claimed the chronicles (which were essentially presented as a historical record) were canon, despite that and several other errors.

It's been a while since I last played KOTOR, but my recollection of the end of the game isn't that Revan was "promoted" to Knight. Yes, he was declared the "Prodigal Knight," but he had been at least a Jedi Knight prior to his memory wipe, so I would view it more as a reinstatement to his former position than a "promotion."

It was, after all, not Revan but his programmed identity who was a Padawan during the quest for the Star Forge. By the time Revan had reached the Star Forge, one could argue that he had recovered enough of his memories and skill in the Force that the Order would've been wise to completely ignore the Padawan status of an identity that had been revealed to be false. Thus, being a Jedi Master two years later, when the novel starts, is certainly plausible for a Knight who had accomplished so much despite a significant handicap in the form of his amnesia.

It's harder for KOTOR fans to be satisfied with SWTOR, and we really would be happy with anything KOTOR.

This statement reads as if you think your opinion represents the opinion of all, or even a majority, of KOTOR fans.