I just moved out to a HEAVY server...Unbelievable

Ivanblood

When I registered my first craracter in february, my server was heavy, but in a week´s time

it plunged to standard. But I didn´t give it too much importance. I was always able to find a group and do heroics. So I was pretty comfortable untill I went to Nar Shaddaa. With population ranging from 10 to 30, but most part of the time being 18, I tried to complete every quest, and I was pretty successful in this. Only 4 heroics left from Bonus series. So no big deal I said, I will complete them eventually returning from time to time from Hutta. So this I did. Again and again. Returning and returning. And the population always being 16-18.

So at the end, I understood that I have to come back on weekends when the population is at least 30. That was Monday when I came to that conclusion. 5 days of waiting.

So I sighed and decided to make a alt and try a heavy server. I made a pretty ugly imperial agent and started...

Immediately I was blown away.

The population of my starting planet Hutta was ranging from 80 to 100. With that population everything is cooler. For the fisrt time I saw other people making the same quests as I did :eek: Totally new level of inmersion. Able to see dozens of other people arround you going on their business. So much possibilities for grouping:eek: Not only heroics, but solo too, to get lots of social points :D. I almost drown with my saliva.

If the starting planet is 80 then I just scared to imagine the fleet station population :eek:

Exactly in this way my experience with SWTOR should start in the first place, and not with a crappy standard crap. My eyes fill with tears when I come back to a my old server.

It´s like you had played a half of S.t.a.l.k.e.r. walking and suddenly discovered a sprint key.

The populations of my standard server is the follwong

weekdays - weekend

Dromund Kass

20 - 30

Balmora

16 - 30

Nar Shadda

16 - 30

Hutta

20 - 30

Imperial Fleet

85-120 (I am thinking here´s all the population of the server ;), but 70 % of them are fifties)

Nothing in comparison to the nineties of Hutta, and this is during the weekdays.

Well...As a conlclusion, I´d like to say that merging of servers is needed. And it´s needed urgently. At least a migration tool. I even agree to pay, only to be able to move out my 30-level Sith Assasin from that Standard hell.

Edited by Ivanblood

It´s like you had played a half of S.t.a.l.k.e.r. walking and suddenly discovered a sprint key.

week - weekend

Dromund Kass

20 - 30

Balmora

16 - 30

Nar Shadda

16 - 30

Hutta

20 - 30

Imperial Fleet

85-120

Nothing in comparison to the nineties of Hutta, and this is during the weekdays.

Well...As a conlclusion, I´d like to say that merging of servers is needed. And it´s needed urgently. At least a migration tool. I even agree to pay, only to be able to move out my 30-level Sith Assasin from that Standard hell.

Those numbers are even quite good compared to Uthar Wynn.

You are 100% right though higher population = better gameplay and a happier customer.

I lol'd at the stalker line....talking from experience ? :p

Thats great to hear and i hope they do let transfers happen soon so that you can move your other toon.

I think part of the problem is that those that are on heavy servers cannot relate and are too quick to call people out and not believe them,my current guild came from a low pop server a few weeks ago (I have been on Ajunta Pall since day one,joined the guild alittle over two weeks ago) and i was a bit surprised to hear that there was some with very low populations from my fellow members and they to have toons that are high level that they would like to transfer,i really hope they can allow transfers for people and merge some servers.

I am now on my third server :)

I started on day one of the early start and joined "Nightmare Lands". I had long queues, but everything was good.

Then a few friends of mine announced they had started playing but they hadn't bothered asking me which server I was on.

So I stopped playing and moved to Eye of Ashlanae so I could play along side them all.

This server is rather low population, so a litle while ago I moved to The Progenitor.

This has been amazing. On my first day I found around 60 people on Tython and this number remains no matter which planet I get to.

Republic fleet had 120+ and considering Empire outnumber I can only guess what the Imperial Fleet was like.

Certainly pleased I've now found a busy home.

Same here, our whole guild moved to Tomb of Freedon Nadd, its an incredible difference. 135 players on Tyhton whilest I began re-levleing. 300 or so on fleet. Not only that but everyone I have met so far has done the same, lietrally hundreds of players and dozens of guilds from Tython to my current location Alderaan, all saying it has gave them a new love for ToR.

Only problem I see is more and more low pop servers are dwindling due to sooooo many people re-rolling on heavy servers.

...Well...As a conlclusion, I´d like to say that merging of servers is needed. And it´s needed urgently. At least a migration tool. I even agree to pay, only to be able to move out my 30-level Sith Assasin from that Standard hell.

You could also conclude that if everyone followed in your footsteps, server merges would not be necessary. :)

When I registered my first craracter in february, my server was heavy, but in a week´s time

it plunged to standard. But I didn´t give it too much importance. I was always able to find a group and do heroics. So I was pretty comfortable untill I went to Nar Shaddaa. With population ranging from 10 to 30, but most part of the time being 18, I tried to complete every quest, and I was pretty successful in this. Only 4 heroics left from Bonus series. So no big deal I said, I will complete them eventually returning from time to time from Hutta. So this I did. Again and again. Returning and returning. And the population always being 16-18.

So at the end, I understood that I have to come back on weekends when the population is at least 30. That was Monday when I came to that conclusion. 5 days of waiting.

So I sighed and decided to make a alt and try a heavy server. I made a pretty ugly imperial agent and started...

Immediately I was blown away.

The population of my starting planet Hutta was ranging from 80 to 100. With that population everything is cooler. For the fisrt time I saw other people making the same quests as I did :eek: Totally new level of inmersion. Able to see dozens of other people arround you going on their business. So much possibilities for grouping:eek: Not only heroics, but solo too, to get lots of social points :D. I almost drown with my saliva.

If the starting planet is 80 then I just scared to imagine the fleet station population :eek:

Exactly in this way my experience with SWTOR should start in the first place, and not with a crappy standard crap. My eyes fill with tears when I come back to a my old server.

week - weekend

Dromund Kass

20 - 30

Balmora

16 - 30

Nar Shadda

16 - 30

Hutta

20 - 30

Imperial Fleet

85-120 (I am thinking here´s all the population of the server ;), but 70 % of them are fifties)

EUROPE

TOMB OF FREEDON NADD

------------------------------------

IMPERIAL FLEET: 200-400 people (after servers went down and I log in there was already 100 folks there)

KORRIBAN: 90-110 people (I played Operative and Mercenary on my old serv and I decide on Sorc healer)

DROMUND KAAS: 150-200 people

This is as far as I went right now. In fleet people CONSTANTLY spam asking for Flashpoints both normal and hard mode. WZ pop up one after another. 100% change in experience.

~ CHARACTER TRANSFER IS NEEDED ~

~ SERVER MERGE IS NEEDED ~

Right now BW set NO ETA on character transfer where most servers in game are dead. I left lvl 50 character, loot of cach and legacy experience behind. But it was worth it. Now I make ALT and I hope for character transfer to move all my stuff to new server.

Agreed! Our whole guild just moved from Krayiss Obelisk to a Very High Populated server during prime time. We had several people who were BM's and Full PvE gear, but being on a server where our population on the fleet ranged from 20-35 we are loving the change (Though we do hope for transfers soon as we put a lot of work into our mains). Our new server during prime time has 250+ on the fleet and seen 150 on Dromund Kaas. It really makes the game much more enjoyable! :D

I leveled 2 50s on The Constant... My first character (was a little ahead of the game) saw at most 3 people on a planet. 2 months later I decided to level another toon and thought it would be more fun thinking there would be more people and I could do some heroics and FPs this time around and was surprised to see at the most 15 players on a planet and mostly in the 1-5 range (including me).

BW needs to stop dragging their feet on server transfers because I've seen the population on our server and in our guild drop drastically the last 2 - 3 weeks. We're planning on moving our entire guild to another server because no one is happy about this. The other night our guild was pretty much the only people on the fleet :o.

Wow... this almost makes me want to re-roll. I am almost BM, have all Rakata/Columi, Social VI, Legacy 16... not to mention all the stuff I purchased as well as crafting schematics... I can't do it to myself to lose this though. We need server transfers/merges ASAP.

I lol'd at the stalker line....talking from experience ? :p

No. I just used an old russian anecdote.

Impatient !? Me !? I walked the whole way through the S.t.a.l.k.e.r... and then I discovered there was a sprint key.:D

Another one

My grand father had gone through the whole WW2...untill 3 am...then he turned off Call of Duty and went to bed.

Edited by Ivanblood

Same here hoping i can transfer my main and legacy to an other server. playing on The Red Eclipse now and leaving behind 2 50's (one is almost BM and legacy lvl 31). Leveling a char on a heavy populated server is so much more fun and doing all the heroics on the planets and seeing the lower flashpoints again.

I hope that Bioware is reading this and going to react soon to merge the servers or give character transfers to the community. That will help the game a lot because now a big lot are playing on abandoned servers where there is hardly any fun for them.

Hi everyone,

We do have a few ongoing threads on server populations, merges and transfers, so we're going to close this one and ask you to continue your discussion in one of the threads linked below.

Server population is dropping...

Server Population is GROWING!

When will there be a "SERVER MERGE?"

Free transfers in the future?

Thanks!

Edited by LexiCazam