DO NOT BUY the HK-51 character perk on a sub-50 character

BenjaminminU

Sorry for the caps in the title but this is a warning to everyone with lower levelled characters. I just spent a number of cartel coins to unlock HK-51 for my level 44 jedi guardian, seeing him equipped with the same starter gear my level 50 Bounty Hunter had for him, i thought "oh wonderful, this should make class missions easier"

But then as soon as I take him into combat I notice he dies incredibly easily. None of his gear stats are counted, I also get a red flashing thing above his portrait telling me he no longer meets the requirements to have the gear equipped.

I find this a really lazy option by the devs who could have scaled the gear down or just removed the level restriction like they do for all other companions in the game, as I have now wasted a large amount of cartel coins on what is essensially a ship ornament for now.

Sorry for the caps in the title but this is a warning to everyone with lower levelled characters. I just spent a number of cartel coins to unlock HK-51 for my level 44 jedi guardian, seeing him equipped with the same starter gear my level 50 Bounty Hunter had for him, i thought "oh wonderful, this should make class missions easier"

But then as soon as I take him into combat I notice he dies incredibly easily. None of his gear stats are counted, I also get a red flashing thing above his portrait telling me he no longer meets the requirements to have the gear equipped.

I find this a really lazy option by the devs who could have scaled the gear down or just removed the level restriction like they do for all other companions in the game, as I have now wasted a large amount of cartel coins on what is essensially a ship ornament for now.

Read around the forums, this is a known bug. The gear is supposed to scale, but it isn't. There are already several threads about this very topic.

Search function does exist here.

Stand or not, posting about a known issue that is on the priority list for things to patch is pointless.

Its not pointless. It draws attention to it. Some people dont read the known issues thread but may see this post. You are not a forum mod so if you dont like the thread then dont read it. You have no business telling him what he should and shouldnt be posting.

PS... Pretty sad they have been working on HK since beta and he still has bugs pfffff

Its not pointless. It draws attention to it. Some people dont read the known issues thread but may see this post. You are not a forum mod so if you dont like the thread then dont read it. You have no business telling him what he should and shouldnt be posting.

PS... Pretty sad they have been working on HK since beta and he still has bugs pfffff

Oh the irony. If you don't like my post then don't read it and who are you to tell me what I can and cannot post? LOL, see the funny?

Its pointless. Get over it.

Oh the irony. If you don't like my post then don't read it and who are you to tell me what I can and cannot post? LOL, see the funny?

I agree with soluss, who cares if multiple threads about 1 topic is posted, how does that affect you? Just don't read it.

Also, you could do a better job of not acting like a douchebag

But on topic, ye it kinda sucks, thought I would be able to run straight through the missions and then it turned out he just straight sucks. Hopefully a fix will be in soon

When someone says that the gear is supposed to scale that means that it levels up or down as the character levels or delevels (in this case companion). So saying that his gear should scale down means that at level 15 he should have the equivalent or level 15 mod stats for crystals, barrel, armoring, mod and enhancement in his gear.

I agree with soluss, who cares if multiple threads about 1 topic is posted, how does that affect you? Just don't read it.

If the issue was being ignored, sure, but it's not. BW has said they are working on it and that it's a bug.

Who says I'm acting? :p

Just take cybertech, it's great while leveling anyways cause of armoring/mods you can make and spend your planetary comms on something else.

Except it either costs a lot of money to get the resources to craft usable or even costlier to craft rare items... or takes time to gather the extra resources.

Cyber tech is not as easy as you make it sound... nor is any craft that people plan on RE'ing stuff for good or rare items before reaching cap. (at cap people can do dailies and collect resources for example (time consuming but multi tasking), or buy from GTN - costly)

To just level crafts thats a lot easier than using them before they are maxed out at 400.

Edited by VegaPhone

But on topic, ye it kinda sucks, thought I would be able to run straight through the missions and then it turned out he just straight sucks. Hopefully a fix will be in soon

The Community Managers actually prefer people not to make redundant threads. It's more constructive and useful to keep the discussion consolidated. Threads like this often get locked b/c they are redundant. So, yeah, you happen to be wrong about this one.

If the issue was being ignored, sure, but it's not. BW has said they are working on it and that it's a bug.

Who says I'm acting? :p

If the post was just to criticize EA then you might have a point. The post is also here to let people know, in case they didnt happen to read the known issues thread, which many people dont, that there is a problem.

Its people like you that drive people away. Your attitude towards others sucks.

Poster: hey guys, just wanted to let you know that there is a problem with X

You: **** This is in the known issues this post is pointless

The Community Managers actually prefer people not to make redundant threads. It's more constructive and useful to keep the discussion consolidated. Threads like this often get locked b/c they are redundant. So, yeah, you happen to be wrong about this one.

Now point to the redundant thread about this and you might have a point. Please dont just come back by pointing to this one because 1 thread does not equal redundant.

If the post was just to criticize EA then you might have a point. The post is also here to let people know, in case they didnt happen to read the known issues thread, which many people dont, that there is a problem.

Its people like you that drive people away. Your attitude towards others sucks.

Poster: hey guys, just wanted to let you know that there is a problem with X

You: **** This is in the known issues this post is pointless

I've seen the exact same thread at least 6 times since 1.5 went live. Nothing to do with known issues threads. Did you even bother to check if there was a thread about this already? Of course not, that would be silly.

I've seen the exact same thread at least 6 times since 1.5 went live. Nothing to do with known issues threads. Did you even bother to check if there was a thread about this already? Of course not, that would be silly.

If its not on the front page then who cares. I couldnt care less whats on the next 4 or 5 pages of the forums. I have not seen the same exact thread atleast 6 times. I come here quite a bit and this is the first time ive seen this exact thread. Dont like it, dont read it...nuff said.

Oh please. Just get some Droid armor for him and a nice rifle till they fix it. HK-51 is so OP it's crazy for lowbies.

What this guy said. I bought him for my 17 lvl marauder and have equipped on him a sniper, knife and 3 armor parts close to my level, and he kicks so much *** even without any other gear, its crazy!

When someone says that the gear is supposed to scale that means that it levels up or down as the character levels or delevels (in this case companion). So saying that his gear should scale down means that at level 15 he should have the equivalent or level 15 mod stats for crystals, barrel, armoring, mod and enhancement in his gear.

Didn't exactly answer the question. The gear does NOT change levels with you, but it SHOULD be the same level as your character when you unlock him. When you level up, you maintain his gear just like any other companion.