Same gender relationships clarifications?

elexier

Well, they didn't do that. They did promise updates, so we're holding them to that.

You say that then say it's on the players, not BW-Austin for lack of communication.

You've also said that your opinion is that BW shouldn't say anything, due to this whole thing being a catch .22

However, you've also said that you'd like us to get an answer and that you are in support of this content.

I've been watching your posts over the last day and you keep finding new arguments that keep getting debunked. So I'm at a loss as to your logic. It's really all over the place and contradictory at best.

In short, I give you a 8/10, because you added something to the conversation. Yet, I know a troll versus a detractor when I read one.

From Urban Dictionary:

Actually, nothing I've said has been debunked. Vast majority of players don't care. This hasn't been debunked. Instead it's a few players saying "Well I..." not realizing they are the few but thinking because they want it, they're a majority (they're not).

What I think is best for BW/EA doesn't mean it's what I want as a player. I'd like answers to all my questions. But for the company itself, best bet is to say "No promises" I thought I've stayed consistent on that. Perhaps you just don't see the difference?

Hell as a player, I'd like more body customization over SGR. While I don't think every player cares on that, I do think way more would rather have full body customization. Sooo...why not spend time on that instead?

And my point still stands, if they did answer the question, and it wasn't what the posters who want it wanted, they'd just complain of broken promises or "5 years later is doesnt count as after launch" which by the way, posters have already said doesn't count after just a year.

I'm not detracting. I'm just thinking the player base would rather have other things more, that if they kept with the gameplay it has so far, would keep the cutscene creators busy. New planets? Need new cutscenes! New Classes? Need new cutscenes!

Don't actually know if they need new cutscenes for new races though. Don't think they'd need new cutscenes for new Advance Classes either. And as I mention that, I'd rather have new cutscenes put in that actually reflected my advance class choice over a new romance option (and I like the romance option as IT IS fun...but it's a fun I'd rate at the bottom of overall game play)...as my Jedi and Sith use TWO lightsabers, not one. My IA doesn't have a blaster pistol equipped, so why does she keep drawing one? At least with my smuggler I can think "Okay, she just grabbed one for now."

And I'd see those additional cutscenes way more often than "Oh hi. I like you. Ever think of having kids? Settling down? Want to go back to the room without a door and keep the rest of the crew awake?"

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I still will never understand why asking for an update is so taboo. On content that was promised.

Yeesh. :rolleyes:

Because, when they have to go back on a promise, they don't hear the end of it, even when it's out of their control.

That's just common knowledge.

Look at TERA. To this day they still get complaints on censoring, and they never promised they wouldn't censor it (and I'm one of those who was against the censoring).

If BW gives you an answer will threads like this finally go away or will this just continue until if they say yes? What happens if they say no, will people get outraged and attack BW for it or will they just deal with what BW says and move on. Personally I just wish they would say yes or no so threads about this will stop popping up and it can be done with.

You know, I really don't like Warzones, and I have no desire to play them.

In that vein, I wish BW would just remove them from the game so threads about them would stop popping up on the forums and I can be done with them.

Hmm, I don't like really like class balance either. I wish they would remove all the threads about that too.

Oh yea, and the crew skills. Those are bothersome. Take that out too.

Sounds ridiculous doesn't it?

Look, we understand that you don't like SGRs, and consequently you wish to deny EVERYONE ELSE on the PLANET access to them too, (thank you very little) but there is an easy solution to this.

Typically these threads are VERY CLEARLY MARKED as to what they contain. You could just, you know, NOT READ THEM.

As was said in a previous post, We all pay the same amount here, so everyone's opinion is just as valid, however, just because you feel strongly against something, doesn't mean you should be able to deny others of that which they desire, just because it conflicts with your interests.

For now, all people are asking for is some word from BW/EA on where this direction is headed.

Your best bet, honestly is to just pass these threads by when you see them. If you happen to see someone continuously posting about it, then you can put that person on ignore and you'll never have to hear from them again.

Either way, problem solved.

If BW gives you an answer will threads like this finally go away or will this just continue until if they say yes? What happens if they say no, will people get outraged and attack BW for it or will they just deal with what BW says and move on. Personally I just wish they would say yes or no so threads about this will stop popping up and it can be done with.

Won't stop the the threads. May change it.

It'll turn into "Not soon enough" or "But you promised!" even if they said "Due to unforseen circumstances this is delayed/cancelled"

Hence why I've said the smart move would of been to never answer such a question. Took CoH devs quite a few years to learn that though. And TOR is still new.

Things change, yes they may have said we plan on including it but they have the right to change it. Should they say, yes they should but why is hounding the media, which btw I have seen zilch on it in the mainstream media. I wish they would just say yes or no so this issue would be done and dusted either way. However do you think by sicking the media on them you are going to get a favorable response from them, I don't.

In that vein, I wish BW would just remove them from the game so threads about them would stop popping up on the forums and I can be done with them.

Hmm, I don't like really like class balance either. I wish they would remove all the threads about that too.

Look, we understand that you don't like SGRs, and consequently you wish to deny EVERYONE ELSE on the PLANET access to them too, (thank you very little) but there is an easy solution to this.

Typically these threads are VERY CLEARLY MARKED as to what they contain. You could just, you know, NOT READ THEM.

As was said in a previous post, We all pay the same amount here, so everyone's opinion is just as valid, however, just because you feel strongly against something, doesn't mean you should be able to deny others of that which they desire, just because it conflicts with your interests.

For now, all people are asking for is some word from BW/EA on where this direction is headed.

Your best bet, honestly is to just pass these threads by when you see them. If you happen to see someone continuously posting about it, then you can put that person on ignore and you'll never have to hear from them again.

If you see a post of mine, guess what you don't have to reply, problem solved for you. Since this decsison will be of many factors of which decide whether I continue to play this game, not the sole one I do wish for a final decision too. However I will keep posting in here whether you like it or not. I am voicing my opinion which whether you like or it not I can, I simply asked if an answer was given whether or not threads like this would keep popping up, don't like oh well. I agree when it comes to pvp btw. Tried the newest WZ just to see and it blows.

Actually, the difference is, all those things you mentioned are in game. SGR isn't. Also, not all opinions are valid, just because everyone pays to play.

1) Not everyone pays to play anymore.

2) If I keep getting beat in 1 on 1 PvP so I make post over post about nerf said class, would you consider it valid post, even when it turns all other classes but one into complete garbage to play, even from a PvE standpoint?

Actually, the difference is, all those things you mentioned are in game. SGR isn't. Also, not all opinions are valid, just because everyone pays to play.

1) Not everyone pays to play anymore.

2) If I keep getting beat in 1 on 1 PvP so I make post over post about nerf said class, would you consider it valid post, even when it turns all other classes but one into complete garbage to play, even from a PvE standpoint?

Actually, I was trying to point out the basic argument of "Just give them what they want so I don't have to hear about it anymore" was flawed and pretty ridiculous.

However, it was apparently lost on you.

Either way, it's time for bed. I look forward to reading your replies tomorrow after work.

Edited by Arglaar

Stephen Reid was the Senior Online Community Manager. Daniel Erickson was the former Lead Writer for ToR as well as the writer for my beloved IA storyline.

Quick correction: Alexander Freed was the writer for all of the IA storyline, not Daniel Erickson. ;)

Edited by chuixupu

Actually, I was trying to point out the basic argument of "Just give them what they want so I don't have to hear about it anymore" was flawed and pretty ridiculous.

However, it was apparently lost on you.

Either way, it's time for bed. I look forward to reading your replies tomorrow after work.

I guess saying every post was valid threw me :p

I can agree giving every player what they want won't work either.

oh yeah, the good old 'other content is more important' spiel. it never gets old.

who cares about STORY content in a STORY-driven MMO? this is such a silly concept....

In working on yes, like the bugs that have been around since 1.2, the crashing when choosing between DK and Fleet on BT or the Foundry for one. Yea that is more important getting it fixed then working on new content. With the new lack of staff, they need to prioritize what they do. But some of you don't care as long as you get what you want and harass BW/EA over one issue, the one company that has treated your community well. Good luck on getting a favorable response from them.

oh yeah, the good old 'other content is more important' spiel. it never gets old.

who cares about STORY content in a STORY-driven MMO? this is such a silly concept....

It's a valid spiel in this case.

For all the people I've talked to in this game, in others, and in RL, untill this one thread, I've never once heard of people quitting TOR (and I've met alot who quit TOR) due to a lack of SGR. Reasons for quitting TOR ran the gauntlet due to various gameplay reasons, the story content (or lack there of) was never one of the reasons.

And putting SGR content in, won't bring them back. Changes to the mechanical game play would.

I know quite a few who returned (and subbed) with the addition of the Cartel Market., and think the game is better than when it started.

And for a story driven MMO, everyone seems to be winding up in the same spot. The story in TOR is no different than the storyline quests in TERA. The difference is, it's per class, instead of all classes.

One could say TOR gives you chat options that TERA doesn't, but that's misleading, in that it has no permanent effect on your outcome. Instead of two options do quest or dont do quest, you get three options, two do quest options (usually for the republic/empire or for greed) or one refuse quest.

For a story driven MMO, why isn't my Chiss given the option to kill the quest giver who wants me to cover up the killing of another Chiss? Why isn't my character given the option to kill quite a few of the quest givers who they think are seriously misguided? It's story driven. Let me kill them and deal with not getting the quest.

Why is it, my Sith Warrior's story basically ends the same way as every other Sith Warrior? This is why I don't make multiple of characters of a class myself. Playstyle may be different, but the storyline is the same.

In working on yes, like the bugs that have been around since 1.2, the crashing when choosing between DK and Fleet on BT or the Foundry for one. Yea that is more important getting it fixed then working on new content. With the new lack of staff, they need to prioritize what they do. But some of you don't care as long as you get what you want and harass BW/EA over one issue, the one company that has treated your community well. Good luck on getting a favorable response from them.

this is your first MMO, I take. ok, you're excused.

I'm not sure how good we know each other, but considering you make an awesomely wrong assumption about me, I'm going to tell you this:

I am 'harassing' nobody. I don't feel 'treated well' and I am not entirely sure which 'community' this is all about, considering SW:TOR is the first MMO where you get NPC-romances thrown at you in this style. usually my relationships are entirely player-created, which has its pros because I am .actually. free in doing what ever the hell I want. granted I can still do that in this game (and funny enough I can have a same sex marriage between my own characters in the legacy)... but it doesn't change the fact that there's a huge mistreatment here still.

and THAT is my problem.

I can only point it out so often:

as long as there's no valid reason why there is OGRA but not SGRA I will assume every single person who whines there are 'more important things to fix in this game' is really just a part of the 'gay is icky' group.

(ps: I've 'stalked' you a bit; I fail to see where you're complaining in the topics about new warzones, more flashpoints, chat bubbles, sitting in chairs, the super secret space project....especially as you deem .this. specific content request so wrong that you even put it into your signature, let's just say I have an idea about you that is probably more on spot than your claims about me)

Edited by amnie

First post, though I've been following the thread for the past couple hundred pages.

There is a very good reason why Bioware owes us an answer on this. It goes beyond the ethics of honesty and into the realms of legal obligation. Many players here, including myself, have maintained their subscription from the beginning on the premise (and promise) that SGRs would be a post launch feature. That they have promised this is already well established. If Bioware knows that SGRs are no longer going to be part of the game or if they know that they're still a long way off then their silence could very well fit the legal definition of fraud. I'm not advocating that anyone should launch a lawsuit, but this does put a serious tarnish on what I thought was the best game developer out there.

Had they not promised SGRs I would have cancelled my subscription long ago, but I have maintained it to do my part in making sure they have the funds to live up to that promise. If they know SGRs are not coming or if they're not even on the schedule yet, then they most certainly do OWE an answer to everyone that has be paying into the game on the promise that they would be there.

as long as there's no valid reason why there is OGRA but not SGRA I will assume every single person who whines there are 'more important things to fix in this game' is really just a part of the 'gay is icky' group.

That's pretty much the only reason, yeah. At this point I'd suggest we throw the folks at BW-Austin into that group as well. They seem to find the idea of SGRA's so "icky" they won't speak up and even just acknowledge that there is a problem with the game more or less have an idea of how/when to fix it. BW-A seems to want to just stick their heads in the sand and yell "la-la-la-la-la" at the top of their voices while pretending gay people don't exist. That approach seems to make them quite happy, otherwise why would they keep doing it.

Welcome to the thread! I hope you had a great and safe holiday.

I'm absorbing all of this for my next letter to the press. The posts you guys have made are going to be put into this letter. They need to know that it isn't about excuses, this is about getting acknowledgement from BW:A

I still need help coming up with a subject line. Could you guys give me some ideas?

When it comes to the trolls and detractors, ignore them. They don't want to realize that the more they post in SGRA threads, the more visibility is achieved and the more likely we are to get an answer very soon. For a group that disapproves or hates this content, they sure can't stay away.

I find it amusing that some of the people that hate this content soooo much have posted and spent far more time here than some of the supporters. I wonder why they are obsessed with us? Hmmm....

I think it's because many of the more serious trolls and detractors have tried to start anti-SGR threads and failed. So they come in here and spew their nonsense. I wonder if any of them have tried to write BioWare to tell them no, or if they just sit on the forums and whine.

Oh, thanks for the correction about the writer. Too bad he left in October...

Edited by natashina

(ps: I've 'stalked' you a bit; I fail to see where you're complaining in the topics about new warzones, more flashpoints, chat bubbles, sitting in chairs, the super secret space project....especially as you deem .this. specific content request so wrong that you even put it into your signature, let's just say I have an idea about you that is probably more on spot than your claims about me)

Well, there are other romance request threads and the "romance detractors" don't post in/complain about those either.

It's funny really.

Edited by stuffystuffs

What I don't understand is why they keep posting in threads with subject matter they don't like. I tend to not open a thread on things I'm not interested in, and if I do, I rarely post in that thread. Yet some of these guys can't keep away from the sgr threads. It's like an obsession, but as you pointed out, without them posting so much, the threads would disappear quicker.

There is a ton of detractors that ask to remove all romance content...but only with this topic. Only with the possiblity SGRs making into the game.

This is all my guessing and it isn't directed towards anyone in this thread. There are some...choice players from yesterday's General forum that it is directed to.

I don't think these people would ever admit that some of them got curious and did the OGRs and SGRs in either the ME or DA series. I also doubt that they would admit that they enjoyed the writing of the romance itself.

Yes, I think some of the very players we're dealing with now have done the SGRs in other games and liked it. It makes them uneasy that they could like something along those lines.

There are threads to make Companion X romanceable or to give more flirt/romance options for female characters. I've seen some of the trolls that have recently said, "All the romance in the game should be removed," post in support of those other romance related threads.

The only time I've seen them say that all romances should be removed and/or they suck is for SGRA threads. I do a lot of lurking.

So they claim to be against any and all romance content, but they post in support for future OGR content.

Right.

Way to take a stand there. Woo hoo. :rolleyes:

Hey everyone, I've been lurking for a few months now and have read a couple hundred posts or so.

Like some of the other new posters I left the game for about 9 months and I came back hoping to have SGRs implemented. Nope. Came back and there was nothing. Then I started following this thread. Very nice job to Natashina and all others who have been getting more exposure for this issue. 9 (or is it 10 now?) months of no response is unacceptable as is the segregation into our own little thread.

To all those who attempt to derail the main topic of this thread, like many of the other posters have said, THEY HAVE ALREADY SAID IT IS COMING. WE WANT AN ANSWER AFTER 9 MONTHS OF SILENCE. THIS ISN'T A THREAD TO DISCUSS YOUR DISGUST WITH SGRs. Read the FAQ and other posts before posting.

Given the sheer overwhelming number of posts and views for this thread alone, I'm surprised that they haven't moved same sex relations up on the priority list. Give players what they want and you give them two reasons to stick around. First, it is new content. Second, they feel like you are listening to them, thus improving the company image with the player base.

this is your first MMO, I take. ok, you're excused.

I'm not sure how good we know each other, but considering you make an awesomely wrong assumption about me, I'm going to tell you this:

I am 'harassing' nobody. I don't feel 'treated well' and I am not entirely sure which 'community' this is all about, considering SW:TOR is the first MMO where you get NPC-romances thrown at you in this style. usually my relationships are entirely player-created, which has its pros because I am .actually. free in doing what ever the hell I want. granted I can still do that in this game (and funny enough I can have a same sex marriage between my own characters in the legacy)... but it doesn't change the fact that there's a huge mistreatment here still.

and THAT is my problem.

Nope its not, met my Husband on SWG actually...nerd love lol so yea nice try though. I don't PvP so I don't post there, rarely do FP since I hate my guild and its lead by an egomaniac and I don't play nearly as much as I would like due to school and work, chat bubbles are stupid and so WoW, hate space combat, always did even in SWG and sitting in chairs would be nice but other things should be done before that. Answer your question as to why I don't post in those threads.

I do want paid character transfers and posted about that last night, that is really the one thing other then bug fixes I want. since I have a lvl 44 and lvl 50 sitting on another server I want to bring to my current one. I have posted about that more then once and so have others, yet we have received nothing about it either which irks me to no end. You don't see me going to the media to get an answer about it. At some point it'll peeve me too much along with the ever present bugs and I'll talk with my wallet, probably around the 14th of January when University starts back up.

So you don't think things like game crashing after the end of BT or Foundry is important to fix, its been posted for a while about it, still no fix? I do because the times I do those FP it happens, it happens to my guildies as well, cant say I am not happy when it happens to our GM however. This has been an issue since 1.2 yet no fix, but hey its not important right, got ya.

They said why SGR's were not in at launch, this was something along with other crap they screwed up on from the get go and if sgr's were in the game at launch I would not be here. I said yesterday just give you lot an answer so this can go away and you get your precious answer. However BW is damned if they do, damned if they don't at this point thus why I am betting on the silence. They can't win either way when they do respond to this, some will be peeved if they don't put it in and I am sure make a stink, if the do the opposite and people will make a stink as well. I will just quietly leave and be done if it is put in. This media campaign is not going to help BW think hey maybe we should say something to the GLBT community asking for this. To add I must say the fact I have a stalker and have been called out by name in here is rather impressive I am memorable. :D

Given the sheer overwhelming number of posts and views for this thread alone, I'm surprised that they haven't moved same sex relations up on the priority list. Give players what they want and you give them two reasons to stick around. First, it is new content. Second, they feel like you are listening to them, thus improving the company image with the player base.

I think BW has time and again shown they don't give a rats behind about its player base on so many issues.