Galactic Command - Dark vs Light Livestream

EricMusco

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

can you do me a huge favour also and give some reply to the negative comments about 5.0 and the new gearing changes and the RNG, I mean I'm all up for it, but theres a lot of backlash, and id like to see someone try and reassure the community I think the community needs it

Eric, you have got to talk to people about this RNG thing now. Not down the road. Not in a few weeks. Not in a future livestream. This needs to be addressed now. Either ditch RNG idea or make a hell of an argument for it. This announcement as is, is only making more and more players who are debating whether to stay or leave more comfortable in leaving the game.

Eric, you have got to talk to people about this RNG thing now. Not down the road. Not in a few weeks. Not in a future livestream. This needs to be addressed now. Either ditch RNG idea or make a hell of an argument for it. This announcement as is, is only making more and more players who are debating whether to stay or leave more comfortable in leaving the game.

This is totally true if you address this now you could stop a bunch load of people from quitting yes if they quit it wont be the end of the game but it will still give the game a lot more life.

PLEASE ADDRESS on Thursday, make a good argument for it please and give the community some good news!

Hey folks,

Tomorrow will be our overview of the Dark vs Light component of Galactic Command! Tune in at 4pm Central (2PM Pacific) on our twitch channel. Here are the details:

When: Thursday, October 20th

When: 4pm Central (2PM Pacific)

Where: https://www.twitch.tv/swtor

Ben, Charles, and I will see you there!

-eric

While interesting.. this is not what people are looking for in terms of information right now.

I know you see the walls melting down right now in the forum. :)

• Dev Post

As a note since some in the thread are bringing it up. Similar to the structure we used in previous Producer Livestreams, we will open the stream with current community topics. Certainly, we will talk through some of the questions and concerns that are being raised about gearing from Galactic Command. The rest of the stream will focus on Dark vs Light.

Fear not, we are reading your feedback and will continue to address it when we can either on the livestream or here on the forums.

-eric

They really need to address the negative feedback regarding the RNG loot. Everything else would just be comical.

Edit: just after I posted Eric replied, thanks! Looking forward seeing what you have to say! :)

Edited by Simpanx

As a note since some in the thread are bringing it up. Similar to the structure we used in previous Producer Livestreams, we will open the stream with current community topics. Certainly, we will talk through some of the questions and concerns that are being raised about gearing from Galactic Command. The rest of the stream will focus on Dark vs Light.

Fear not, we are reading your feedback and will continue to address it when we can either on the livestream or here on the forums.

-eric

Please specifically address your estimated timelines for:

A) A player getting to the point where BiS gear enters the loot table (not sure if that is max level or some earlier point). I would like to know, in weeks, what your targets are, and why.

B) The time-to-earn crates at that point. i.e. is it running a single Operation? 3 Ops? 5 Ops? 20?

You are giving us a treadmill that I suspect no one wants, and personally I have no plans to get on it without this information. As someone that raids with multiple characters on multiple servers, as I see it this structure is designed to do nothing other than gate the content I usually do behind a random timesink.

Without some concrete idea of where your targets are in this regard, I see no point to playing this game.

Thanks.

Edited by gabigool

-eric

Please have a good answer. I don't actually care what it is, since I don't care bout BiS nonsense, but I really want General Discussion to be about more than just RNG RNG RNG.

That or just instruct the mods to more aggressively merge threads so something else can come up.

-eric

I'm sure you'll have a fun time keeping an eye on the stream chat ;)

Any chance you'll explain what issue the reintroduction of RNG crates for gear is meant to address?

Hey folks,

Tomorrow will be our overview of the Dark vs Light component of Galactic Command! Tune in at 4pm Central (2PM Pacific) on our twitch channel. Here are the details:

When: Thursday, October 20th

When: 4pm Central (2PM Pacific)

Where: https://www.twitch.tv/swtor

Ben, Charles, and I will see you there!

-eric

I look foward to only being able to comment once a minute and the impending ban from tait

Is Dark vs Light going to be faction relevant?

i.e Dark win we see more Sith or will it be faction neutral so we see more Dark Jedi, while if Light Side win we see more lightside Sith.

Often Darkside and darkside choices is about being stupid evil, yet the Empire (some might link to the Darkside) is an Ordered disciplined organisation advancing progress over such things as Free will. Yet I get the feeling that if 'Dark' wins what we see is a chaotic galaxy in which people are randomly murdered as that is what god awful writing can turn the Darkside into.

You guys are aware that with the Dark Vs. Light Event that dark side is never going to win so why make Galatic Command revolve around dark and light sided choices? You really shouldn't be making content that other people's choices effect or negate the choices made by the player's personal game, what I'm saying is is I prefer to do dark sided choices then those choices should be the only thing to effect my game play not a bunch of total strangers I don't know. You are screwing people out of content they may want by doing this. Edited by DarthEnrique

You really shouldn't be making content that other people's choices effect or negate the choices made by the player's personal game, what I'm saying is is I prefer to do dark sided choices then those choices should be the only thing to effect my game play not a bunch of total strangers I don't know

Reading is hard?

Starting with Knights of the Eternal Throne, players will be able to choose whether they are fighting for the dark or light side of the Force™. Upon doing so, all actions, including killing elite enemies, completing Missions, and making story choices will contribute to the ongoing dark vs. light side war on each server .

You just choose whether you L or D before queing (or something) for content. That's it. That D and L character influence has nothing to do with that thing.

And story choices meant in KOTFE/KOTET, since all of them not marked neither dark nor light.

At least i hope thats how it will work.

Edited by unibim

DvL questions:

When 5.0 launches do you have to pick your side right away, or can you wait to see which way the wind is blowing?

Once you pick your side is that permanent , or can you change your mind? If you can change sides, are there restrictions?

Given how evenly divided the current DvL is, is it really possible for an entire server to reach dark or light V? What happens if one side doesn't achieve that kind of dominance? Does that mean there will never be a winner, so no one gets access to the reward vendor?

Galactic Command questions:

Will disciplines get a choice of crate types like Heroic gear boxes have? For example Juggernauts get to choose between pummeler and bulwark boxes.

Will there be anything put in place to protect players from losing streaks beyond disintegrating duplicates?

Have you considered adding GC access to Operation & PvP passes so preferred players that participate in end game activities can earn the gear they need?

Any hope world bosses will be added to the list of activities that earn points?

Will older story content generate points, or only KotFE & KotET? I, for one, have many max level characters that are still working on class stories, Ilum, Makeb, Oricon, SoR & Seeker Droids.