Launcher is acting in a very odd way

Yoshixtsune

Good day all.

I can't seem to be able to get my game to launch. I was playing fine yesterday without any issues, then this morning, my launcher suddenly decided to act crazy. Every time i open the launcher it starts a patching process which, to my knowledge, is not normal. It follows a certain pattern that i am not really able to understand myself:

1. Launcher starts and verifies the data.

2. Update begins at (512KB/s) but takes forever to get even .01% in

3. After about half an hour, the update jumps to 85% then in that same second gets back to 0%

4. Launcher re-organizes the data and reverifies again then restarts at 59% regardless of the percentage it was at before step 3.

5. Repeat steps 2-4 indefinitely

It has been like that for about 8 hours now.....I can't seem to get any progress on this update. Can someone help me figure this out please? I am using the stream server if that's useful information.

Thanks in advance

Edited by Yoshixtsune
Adding more information

There's a sticky on this problem - http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=729911

Please give that a try and see how it goes.

I have tried the solution suggested in the sticky and no luck. I have a quick question however: What is the main difference between streaming and non-streaming launcher? Somebody suggested i try patching using the non-streaming patcher which i am currently trying. Will update if it works.

Edited by Yoshixtsune

Okay so i am literally on the brink of despair.

I spent an entire day patching the game from scratch using the non streaming client....i reach the part about Main Assets 247 and it patched to end then sends me an error message saying there are errors to repair, which i of course let do. There was a total of 66 errors and it took me the whole day to fix them all (my internet is not that great). Now i finally finish the repairs and i have to repatch the whole thing again???

Seriously *** is this? Can someone just send me the files through dropbox or some other thing? Because i cannot get this game to patch for the life of me........

Edited by Yoshixtsune

All right so in a final attempt, i decide to install the game from scratch a second time, this time on my spare hard drive rather than my SSD where it normally was before the patch. Somehow, it miraculously begins to patch without major issues. I reached minimum playing state so im assuming the rest of the patch should go just as smoothly. I fail to see how patching on an SSD causes the launcher to act crazy but somehow it does....

Anyway, at least it's patching now. I'll just let it finish patching and copy it back on the SSD once the patch is over.