Revan Fight Companions - Similarity

Darkelefantos

So...I noticed a funny similarity, so let's compare teams.

Team Revan - Team You

1. Bastila Shan - Satele Shan
  2. Carth Onasi - Theron Shan
  3. Zalbaar - Jakarro
  4. Jolee - Marr (/Lana)
  5. Juhani - Lana (/Marr)
  6. T3-M4 - T7-01
  7. HK-47 - HK-51
  8. Mission Vao - Vette

Almost as if a reincarnation of Revan's companions had risen to stop him...

Note: Jolee can be defined as Marr by personality and Lana by combat role, for Juhani it's vice-versa (somewhat :p).

So...I noticed a funny similarity, so let's compare teams.

Team Revan - Team You

1. Bastila Shan - Satele Shan
  2. Carth Onasi - Theron Shan
  3. Zalbaar - Jakarro
  4. Jolee - Marr (/Lana)
  5. Juhani - Lana (/Marr)
  6. T3-M4 - T7-01
  7. HK-47 - HK-51
  8. Mission Vao - Vette

Almost as if a reincarnation of Revan's companions had risen to stop him...

Note: Jolee can be defined as Marr by personality and Lana by combat role, for Juhani it's vice-versa (somewhat :p).

except vette and T7 would never have faced revan together. your comparison is honestly kind of weak

Edited by BrianDavion

except vette and T7 would never have faced revan together. your comparison is honestly kind of weak

Durr. Of course, you can only bring one companion and those 2 are class specific. I never claimed that they would face Revan together, and I don't see how this would make my comparison "weak". That wasn't the point of it to begin with. :rolleyes:

His laid back comparison -- if not jest -- is still infinitely better than you writing however. You people must be a joy to be around, on a daily basis. :rolleyes:

Edited by Darth_Wicked

As someone says at some point: ;)

He only thinks he's Revan.

Aside that, nice catch.

Technically he is Revan albeit only the dark side spirit remains which makes him "half Revan"

Generally Revan's companion pale in comparison to our companion on that fight consisting a grand master, dark council darth and legendary mando but Revan himself more than make up the differences in quality...

As it counts Revan almost ****ed up the galaxy twice and saved it only once, imagine the terrible things he's done to make his own Grandkids step up to fight him.....

• 2 years later...

Not only noticed it, but also put it on TV Tropes, because it IS a Dark Reprise of Revan's team. And I'm sure it was a very deliberate choice.

Because think about that first game. Heck, think about the second game. Or this as a third game.

Yes, the player character is awesome, but they need that squad. They need the Companions. Bastila saved their life with the Force Bond. Trask sacrificed himself so Revan could get to the escape pods. Carth got Revan off the Endar Spire and nursed them back to health on Taris. Mission got the party into the Vulkar base. T3-M4 got them into the Sith Base. Canderous got the party off the planet. Zaalbar was invaluable on Kashyyyk. Jolee got them to the Star Map. Juhani was there at the temple top, paying back the old favor.

And canon!Revan's critical error? Running off in the middle of the night like an idiot , not telling his friends, not trusting the people who saved his butt time and again, thinking he was the one and only big hotshot who could go it alone. And look where it led.

And Outlander? Big nasty threat from the same guy on the horizon, and Outlander does NOT make the same mistakes. Outlander is going to respect their allies enough to let them help. Which is why The Outlander appears to succeed where Revan and Exile failed.