Another go at NiM Denova...a challenge for the Community Team

Let's try this again guys. Let's put this new "Community Team Communication" to the test. We all know that NiM Denova is supposedly "in the works", that you want to get it to us in the "near future", and we should it expect it "very soon".

I challenge the community team to say something on this subject, talk to us about the ETA of NiM Denova WITHOUT using one of the orange phrases. Tell us something NEW. We're tired of being fed the same bullcrap BW, at least change up the menu from time to time, we're still hungry for something real.

Comment here if you agree, show the team just how much you want them to communicate on this.

Edited by Craxim

I dont even want NiM denova. Im sick of it. Unless they're adding new bosses to it id rather they just focus on making the new Operation half way decent. :rolleyes:

I agree, but if we have to get NiM Denova anyways, I want it now so I can get it over with and we can move on to the new Op as soon as possible. Also having what is supposed to be a real Nightmare of an Operation might foster competition in the raiding community, which I'd like to see alive again before the new Operation so that people care about the new one when it gets here.

You are just asking for more info because I quit yesterday. I know it....thanks!

Serious note though: I will resub when there finally is end game content to do. Nightmare or TFB. But until that time, I will save my $15 bucks a month and play something else like WoW or GW2.

As much as I'd love to hear something more specific about it - if they are to reveal any info regarding Nightmare EC or Terror, it will likely be revealed in the Gamescom:

"EA Press Conference: Fans and Press should expect to hear some exciting new details about the future of The Old Republic during the presentation on Tuesday, August 14.

Community Meet & Greet: If you’re in Cologne, why not come by for drinks and lively conversation with the development team? Apply for an invitation here! The Meet & Greet is scheduled for 8pm on Thursday, August 16 at a secret location. We look forward to seeing some of you there, but even if you can’t make the show, we hope you’ll be following closely online to hear about some of the new announcements and reveals we have planned."

So I can't see the community team telling us anything new, since if the Devs are ready to share anything, GamesCom is likely to be the place where they'll share that info.

I agree. C'mon devs! I was told back in April when I sat in front of a number of devs at PAX East that Nightmare Explosive Conflict would be coming soon after 1.2 and before 1.3. Well it's been almost two months after 1.3 and still nothing...

We know it's in the works. We know it's on the way. I want to hear something new.

You are just asking for more info because I quit yesterday. I know it....thanks!

Serious note though: I will resub when there finally is end game content to do. Nightmare or TFB. But until that time, I will save my $15 bucks a month and play something else like WoW or GW2.

To protest a lack of end game content, you are going to play either WoW, which has had the same 7 bosses for 10 months (only two of which are actually new bosses, and even the environment of the raid is reused), or GW2 which had zero endgame.

Well played.

As much as I'd love to hear something more specific about it - if they are to reveal any info regarding Nightmare EC or Terror, it will likely be revealed in the Gamescom:

"EA Press Conference: Fans and Press should expect to hear some exciting new details about the future of The Old Republic during the presentation on Tuesday, August 14.

Community Meet & Greet: If you’re in Cologne, why not come by for drinks and lively conversation with the development team? Apply for an invitation here! The Meet & Greet is scheduled for 8pm on Thursday, August 16 at a secret location. We look forward to seeing some of you there, but even if you can’t make the show, we hope you’ll be following closely online to hear about some of the new announcements and reveals we have planned."

So I can't see the community team telling us anything new, since if the Devs are ready to share anything, GamesCom is likely to be the place where they'll share that info.

But they might hint on this thread that we should pay attention to GamesCom, which would be something a little more concrete than "soon". I've read too many times that they're going to increase their communication, yet this is the one subject they need to increase communication on more than anything.

To protest a lack of end game content, you are going to play either WoW, which has had the same 7 bosses for 10 months (only two of which are actually new bosses, and even the environment of the raid is reused)

Going back to WoW at this point means preparing for the launch of Mists, so it's reasonable to see people heading back there given the timeframe of that release.

Basically WoW is six weeks away from unleashing Mists of Pandaria, which has a staggering amount of stuff to do. There are 14 raid bosses and 2 world bosses. 5-man dungeons have achievements to work on as well as challenge modes. They've added mini-games in the form of pet battles and farming. There are reps to work on with a bunch of different dailies. New battlegrounds, etc, etc,

I know Bioware has enough to worry about already, but they really need to work not only on getting more Operations content, but they also need to give players more stuff to do when they aren't raiding. Our guild is essentially a wasteland on off nights, because there is nothing for anyone to do in game when not raiding.

They need achievements for Flashpoints to give us something fun to do and breathe new life into running them. They need mini games like pazaak or swoop racing or rancor fighting or something! :) They need to introduce stuff to collect, more daily hubs, maybe interesting reps to grind, etc. Basically we just need more to do.

To protest a lack of end game content, you are going to play either WoW, which has had the same 7 bosses for 10 months (only two of which are actually new bosses, and even the environment of the raid is reused), or GW2 which had zero endgame.

Well played.

Because of SWTOR beta, early release, etc Dragon Soul Heroic is new content to me because I quit WoW entirely for this. Another expansion will be released with tons of new content in 1 month's time for WoW. New levels, race, class, dungeons, raids. From my understanding there is 15 or so bosses in release for end game.

GW2 will be something fun and supposedly the pvp is really good. All I am saying is the community/dev team lacked severely in communication for the last 3 months surrounding NiM and TfB and we still do not have any estimated time of release and nothing on the PTS.

I am not alone, just go ask the several other guilds that quit as a whole and are moving on to other games, or older games. SWTOR had potential. Lots of it. The storylines were great, but once you hit 50 it became a stalemate within little to do in recent months except level alts over and over. Servers died, they merged servers. Now Denova lags incredibly that you need to force yourself into new instances just to get a reprieve from the lag on certain fights that easily cause wipes.

Guilds are crumbling, even with the influx of populations initially with the merges. It is because people are unsubbing at a drastic rate. The game itself is GOOD. But the lack of content and communication is killing it for alot of people and it is unfortunate.

I'm sort of convinced now that Bioware has no true developing goals and deadlines other than making the conversion to F2P.

Think about it, for those that saw the datamined patch leaks, they'd see that 1.3 was supposed to be Terror from Beyond's release patch. However, it seemed as if Bioware had to spend so much resources on the LFG tool that Terror from Beyond in some form could not be released in 1.3. It could be done, even if it was buggy. 1.3 was on the test server anyway, players could have test the operation and if it was reasonably playable the bugs and kinks could have been fixed while it was already in the live servers. Bioware also at least has a working version of Terror from Beyond unless the studio is truly going to Duke Nukem Forever lengths of fabricating gameplay in a trailer.

There's also the usual of Bioware devs promising something then it doesn't show up for SWTOR. One Community Q&A seemed to suggest that Bioware will attempt to go back to actively trying to balance classes in between the 1.X patches, yet there's been no further word on that.

Not only that, but the weekly patches are getting progressively less substantive (and most likely without proper QA testing if Denova was any suggestion).

All in all, I'm fairly sure NiM Denova won't come out until 1.4 or after the F2P transition. But who knows when either will come, since early December is technically fall.

Edited by ImmortalAlien

I'm sort of convinced now that Bioware has no true developing goals and deadlines other than making the conversion to F2P.

Think about it, for those that saw the datamined patch leaks, they'd see that 1.3 was supposed to be Terror from Beyond's release patch. However, it seemed as if Bioware had to spend so much resources on the LFG tool that Terror from Beyond in some form could not be released in 1.3. It could be done, even if it was buggy. 1.3 was on the test server anyway, players could have test the operation and if it was reasonably playable the bugs and kinks could have been fixed while it was already in the live servers. Bioware also at least has a working version of Terror from Beyond unless the studio is truly going to Duke Nukem Forever lengths of fabricating gameplay in a trailer.

There's also the usual of Bioware devs promising something then it doesn't show up for SWTOR. One Community Q&A seemed to suggest that Bioware will attempt to go back to actively trying to balance classes in between the 1.X patches, yet there's been no further word on that.

Not only that, but the weekly patches are getting progressively less substantive (and most likely without proper QA testing if Denova was any suggestion).

All in all, I'm fairly sure NiM Denova won't come out until 1.4 or after the F2P transition. But who knows when either will come, since early December is technically fall.

I think we have to take in to account that a lot of what has been said or promised in the past was said and promised by an almost entirely different community and dev team than what is in place now. There obviously was a big restructure, which it's pretty apparent now that it was for the announcing phase and transition phase of the F2P option. We've experienced a lull in the recent months, that I believe will cease to exist soon, since these new talks and promises about NiM Denova, the new content of 1.4, everything new with the F2P option and the rate at which content will be released have come from a new, restructured BW team that seems to have a very large scale plan for this fall. Obviously there is no way to see if they will live up to what they have said about F2P or about the rate of new content until we see it happen, but if the point of creating the F2P option and making such a major change to the business model is to help the game's population base grow and help it see greater financial success, it doesn't make any sense to me to assume that things involving the game, the devs, or the rate of content will stay exactly the same as they were before this large change was announced.

As I said, it's obviously just talk at this point, and until we see it, I have no evidence to back up this point of view other than theory and logic. But with GW2 soon, and MoP not far after that, it would be suicidal to not release or talk about the new content before then. My personal guess is that we'll see a PTS of either NiM Denova or 1.4 in late August or early September, with a release date to try to compete against MoP.

Yeah, like I said I very much WANT to hear more about it...but I'm just going off how they've dealt with this stuff in the past, i.e. A big 'shock' of new stuff at these conventions to excite people.

But yeah, taking into account what you said - a vastly restructured team, it would be nice for them to give a simple nod that yes, we'll be hearing some specifics about Terror or NiM EC during GamesCon. Afterall 'content' can be anything. HK is content, as is another Dynamic Event (which was strongly suggested to be happening in August).

Maybe they will respond to this thread, I mean, they have been considerably more active over the past few days, and if this thread remains a constructive discussion with the request of answers from the team, hopefully they will take notice and respond.

The only issue that may arise is that - maybe they (The community team) don't know yet, and thus arn't answering. Rather they have nothing new to report.

I know this thread is primarily regarding Nightmare EC. However there are a few things I would love to know;

- The content to be shown at GamesCon. I wouldn't expect them to show the Dynamic Event, but they may very well announce it. Afterall we have been told we'll be somewhat warned in advance. I just worry that this is the 'content' they're announcing, and sincerely hope there is more. We know HK is coming, maybe more details on that. But what we all in this thread very much want is news on Ops

- The un-polished version of the new Warzone is gonna be on show and playable.

Now before speculating too much, BW Austin has as we know gone through hell and back I guess with all the changes, people fired, people hired/promoted etc. Working on F2P etc.

But, it would be nice to assume that throughout all this, although everything has been delayed, can we expect 1.4 to launch as expected, meaning HK-51, New WZ, New Ops (Terror)?

- Because by that assumption, if the new WZ is in a playable state, Terror must be very far in now surely. Maybe Terror has been delayed slightly due to the re-vamping of Nightmare modes, likely done by the same Ops team, but one or the other must be in a playable state now?

Answers and confirmations of the above would be nice to hear.

But as I originally said, there's only 4 days until GamesCon :p They likely wouldn't even go through the effort of emailing the Devs to find out the specifics, if majority of the concerns that are currently answerable (I.e stuff that isnt answered with: Soon) will likely be addressed at GamesCon.

And just to throw in my own predictions. Yeah I'm guessing 1.4 (Or some form of content including WZ and an Op, be it Nightmare EC or TfB) will hit PTS end of August or Early Sept (~2 weeks after GamesCon) leading to a rough estimated release date of October.

And I would then expect a second patch (unless 1.4 ends up being colossal) before the end of January (Mid Winter)

Just something, even if they found a new way to say the same things they've said before that I put in orange text, just something new, something that might even possibly hint at whether or not it's even coming. As you said, TFB is right around the corner it looks like, with all the restructuring I mentioned, for all we know they decided to scrap NiM Denova and just do their best on TFB or wait to release them at the same time, which would be terrible. Some kind of believable indication that it is still on it's way would be appreciated. Come on Community Team, let's see that communication we've been hearing about! Surprise us, prove the idea that you'll stay silent on this subject wrong!

Entirely my opinion. But i say this new restructed group of Devs + community team have even less credibility than the previous team. They were mainly put together after firing off many of the senior developers of the game, some which were directly involved in design of the game. Basically you are believing their hogwash that this newly gathered team is going to fix the mess and keep content coming@ a steady pace from now on! :(

Also their Game leads like John Olsen's words have no credibility. All empty promises. If its any solid news of upcoming development. You can be assured Leads like John Olsen would be the one making the announcements in their own community blogs/Game start-up screen/big sites like MMORPG.com, and not through the forum community managers. The announcement of re-opening dates of PTS servers, is the only clean and clear indication of upcoming operations. Anything else is "coming".

You guys should lay off the unnecessary stress on the community team. Basically they are just forum moderators :)

Edited by Moriganno

Entirely my opinion. But i say this new restructed group of Devs + community team have even less credibility than the previous team. They were mainly put together after firing off many of the senior developers of the game, some which were directly involved in design of the game. Basically you are believing their hogwash that this newly gathered team is going to fix the mess and keep content coming@ a steady pace from now on! :(

Also their Game leads like John Olsen's words have no credibility. All empty promises. If its any solid news of upcoming development. You can be assured Leads like John Olsen would be the one making the announcements in their own community blogs/Game start-up screen/big sites like MMORPG.com, and not through the forum community managers. The announcement of re-opening dates of PTS servers, is the only clean and clear indication of upcoming operations. Anything else is "coming".

You guys should lay off the unnecessary stress on the community team. Basically they are just forum moderators :)

Well I don't share the same opinion, but I can see where you're coming from. But they're all professionals up there at BW Austin, and until the new team gives us a reason to doubt them, I say we at least give them a shot. Everything is still in theory talk though, there are many worst case and best case scenarios about what is going to happen to the game this fall, and until we see it unfold, there's no way to tell who is right or wrong. But the Community Team is more than just forum moderators, they are the voice of BW on these forums, and I feel that if they want to communicate more, they need to do it on this subject.

Nim Denova is coming with Denova Tier armor (63)

You want a link here it is *my problem solving and putting peices of verbal puzzles together abillity*

---------

Tor Coding = Denova Gear ready to implement --- http://www.torhead.com/items/catg/3/subcatg/1/name/denova

Torhead coding pulls already prooved to be quite on target, they may not have what patches its apart of but everything they have pulled has released or been mentioned by devs.

-Been said 2 teirs of armor coming out (doing [65] and [68] would be WAY to massive jumps for 1 operation)

-SOOOOOO many complaints the ev/km NiM had same drops as HM devs said in future would not be like this.

-and its called DENOVA armor like where the F*** else would it drop on Belsavis lol ?

Personally tho im skipping 63 and going right for the next teir 64,65 w.e they make it, will be in-coding after next content patch ----

EDIT: just did some searching its already in the coding and i was right with 65 --- http://www.torhead.com/items/catg/3/subcatg/1/quality/5/name/28

no link no truth can kma cause i know im right :)

Edited by WillHolmes

Nim Denova is coming with Denova Tier armor (63)

You want a link here it is *my problem solving and putting peices of verbal puzzles together abillity*

---------

Tor Coding = Denova Gear ready to implement --- http://www.torhead.com/items/catg/3/subcatg/1/name/denova

Torhead coding pulls already prooved to be quite on target, they may not have what patches its apart of but everything they have pulled has released or been mentioned by devs.

-Been said 2 teirs of armor coming out (doing [65] and [68] would be WAY to massive jumps for 1 operation)

-SOOOOOO many complaints the ev/km NiM had same drops as HM devs said in future would not be like this.

-and its called DENOVA armor like where the F*** else would it drop on Belsavis lol ?

Personally tho im skipping 63 and going right for the next teir 64,65 w.e they make it, will be in-coding after next content patch ----

EDIT: just did some searching its already in the coding and i was right with 65 --- http://www.torhead.com/items/catg/3/subcatg/1/quality/5/name/28

no link no truth can kma cause i know im right :)

I don't know about anyone else, but I was already aware that the Denova and Hazmat gear was in the game coding, and had been datamined. But this doesn't mean give us an idea of when it'll be released, and it doesn't confirm that it still is coming, it's possible plans have changed. The Denova and Hazmat gear was put into the game by a team that is vastly different, it's possible it might not be in the plans anymore. No way to tell until we see it, or until we get some COMMUNICATION from this new and apparently improved Community Team. Anyone them reading this, I hope they give us something we want to hear.

I don't know about anyone else, but I was already aware that the Denova and Hazmat gear was in the game coding, and had been datamined. But this doesn't mean give us an idea of when it'll be released, and it doesn't confirm that it still is coming, it's possible plans have changed. The Denova and Hazmat gear was put into the game by a team that is vastly different, it's possible it might not be in the plans anymore. No way to tell until we see it, or until we get some COMMUNICATION from this new and apparently improved Community Team. Anyone them reading this, I hope they give us something we want to hear.

Yea if they said something would be nice but the peices fit quite well gotta give it a little more possible then not but yea of course anything can change esspecialy with changes in staff.

BUT the staff changes werent actually layoffs it was EA cycling there contract workers, EA has an issue, rather then renewing the contract workers they let them expire then get a whole new set of people adn then the main staff wastes time training them in their systems rather then making content read this glassdoor stuff about BW (REMEMBER BW IS GONE EA KEPT THE NAME FOR MARKETING PURPOSES)

http://www.glassdoor.com/Reviews/BioWare-Reviews-E22998.htm

Yea if they said something would be nice but the peices fit quite well gotta give it a little more possible then not but yea of course anything can change esspecialy with changes in staff.

BUT the staff changes werent actually layoffs it was EA cycling there contract workers, EA has an issue, rather then renewing the contract workers they let them expire then get a whole new set of people adn then the main staff wastes time training them in their systems rather then making content read this glassdoor stuff about BW (REMEMBER BW IS GONE EA KEPT THE NAME FOR MARKETING PURPOSES)

http://www.glassdoor.com/Reviews/BioWare-Reviews-E22998.htm

Yeah, it's a shame that in almost all aspects of the Entertainment industry or really any form of art, corporate greed always finds a way to ruin it. Every post I make will still ask the team for an answer, so come on team, answer us already! We want NiM!

Yeah I'm sure were all aware of the datamined gear by.now, but for anyone who didn't thanks for bringing it up. Naturally they are subject to potential change if plans have changed. Personally I think people banged on so much about server merges and lfg tool that Ops work likely got sidetracked. That and the fact that this f2p plan has likely been worked on since the sub drop to 1.3 mill, if not before then.

If they don't release something in Sept they're asking for a loss in subs really :p well atleast release something onto PTS so we can all play around with it, work the bugs out etc. But yeah fingers crosses for news in Gamescon.

I can't recall if I mentioned but the swtor head writer also suggested we should hear news about content (maybe not ops but content) in a tweet recently. I wouldn't be surprised if by hear new stuff, he meant at GamesCon too. Afterall that's how we first saw Terror trailer at E3.

Yeah I'm sure were all aware of the datamined gear by.now, but for anyone who didn't thanks for bringing it up. Naturally they are subject to potential change if plans have changed. Personally I think people banged on so much about server merges and lfg tool that Ops work likely got sidetracked. That and the fact that this f2p plan has likely been worked on since the sub drop to 1.3 mill, if not before then.

If they don't release something in Sept they're asking for a loss in subs really :p well atleast release something onto PTS so we can all play around with it, work the bugs out etc. But yeah fingers crosses for news in Gamescon.

I can't recall if I mentioned but the swtor head writer also suggested we should hear news about content (maybe not ops but content) in a tweet recently. I wouldn't be surprised if by hear new stuff, he meant at GamesCon too. Afterall that's how we first saw Terror trailer at E3.

Yeah, the fact that the WZ is going to be up and running to play and test makes me think that we'll see something worthwhile from GamesCom. Still wanting that communication we've been hearing so much about. Why not blow that dev tracker up with something people want to read?

Yeah, the fact that the WZ is going to be up and running to play and test makes me think that we'll see something worthwhile from GamesCom. Still wanting that communication we've been hearing so much about. Why not blow that dev tracker up with something people want to read?

I agree with this, outside of PvP there's just not anything to do for progression focused raiding guilds, its caused a few of our guild members to leave the game as well. We need something to sink our teeth into sooner rather than later!