All 6.1.2 changes relevant to PVP

SlimPikinz

I'm interested in playing IO for pvp. Any thoughts on how the changes might impact things? What tactical is best?

Continuous Fire was, is and will still be the best once you understand how to use it properly. It completely changes how IO plays but for the better. Up-time on dots, even single target, is much higher. Burst is easier to initiate on-demand and heat management is better once you learn how to properly clip sweeping blasters

Continuous Fire was, is and will still be the best once you understand how to use it properly. It completely changes how IO plays but for the better. Up-time on dots, even single target, is much higher. Burst is easier to initiate on-demand and heat management is better once you learn how to properly clip sweeping blasters

Due telll..... I'm all ears. How do you burst with this?

How do you think this will work in ranked?

Edited by BonnerFett

Healing doesn't get the crit bonus anymore. No one does.

But CF is still the only set worth using and now the revamped Prog Scan tac is the only one worth using.

The change to mobile rapid scan tac made it so much less useful but was cleary to prevent dps mercs from using it.

the new rocket fuel vapors is a negligible amount of healing.

the loss of crit chance on CF is honestly the worst part. I was hitting so many less crits when i tested yesterday. Judging by wz numbers, these nerfs are a net loss of 2-3k hps which is major

I've found since 6.1.2 came out that I am stunned or interrupted on prog scan with near perfect reliability. I only get it off when I'm white barred and have interrupt immunity from utilities. I've been trying running restoration and it's been pretty nice. With the auto crit on emergency scan plus healing scan you can easily heal 1/3 of a health bar in 2 GCDs.

Energy management is basically the same in non meme cleave games. I did swap utilities to take the vent heat one instead of the DOT DR with cure.

Still experimenting, so I'm not sold on this setup yet. And I agree it's easily a 3k HPS loss, and overall not nearly as tanky. Losing the aoe/self heal everytime you pop supercharge is rough.

Burst is the same as always, but your dot uptime is increased (essentially infinite) meaning you never have to reapply set up the burst. Sweeping blasters also procs your mag shot reset. You never have to cast power shot and you only ever use it between the internal CD on mag shot to hit your thermal det when they don't line up.

It's excellent in ranked as it allows you to easily maintain dots on multiple targets. It's still better on single target than the normal roto as well. None of the other IO tacs provide nearly as much sustain or ease of burst.

I've found since 6.1.2 came out that I am stunned or interrupted on prog scan with near perfect reliability. I only get it off when I'm white barred and have interrupt immunity from utilities. I've been trying running restoration and it's been pretty nice. With the auto crit on emergency scan plus healing scan you can easily heal 1/3 of a health bar in 2 GCDs.

Energy management is basically the same in non meme cleave games. I did swap utilities to take the vent heat one instead of the DOT DR with cure.

Still experimenting, so I'm not sold on this setup yet. And I agree it's easily a 3k HPS loss, and overall not nearly as tanky. Losing the aoe/self heal everytime you pop supercharge is rough.

I always take the vent heat one over the dot DR as it only applies to yourself and your kolto shell is a net positive on dot ticks.

Running restoration seems like pure garbage as you're often insta casting healing scan and rarely do i feel i need to use it on the move.

Yes, prog scan is the thing everyone looks to interrupt. That was true before but we have supercharged defense up way less often making it tougher. In no way is any possible current setup even close to old RFV + old CF but new CF + Prog Scan tac seems like the only real choice to me and that sucks.

also, emergency scan + healing san CAN do a lot but that 10% loss to crit means we're hitting so many less crit healing scans. plus healing scan got nerfed so you can only ever hit that magical 50k if your relics proc and you get the lucky crit.

Burst is the same as always, but your dot uptime is increased (essentially infinite) meaning you never have to reapply set up the burst. Sweeping blasters also procs your mag shot reset. You never have to cast power shot and you only ever use it between the internal CD on mag shot to hit your thermal det when they don't line up.

It's excellent in ranked as it allows you to easily maintain dots on multiple targets. It's still better on single target than the normal roto as well. None of the other IO tacs provide nearly as much sustain or ease of burst.

I always take the vent heat one over the dot DR as it only applies to yourself and your kolto shell is a net positive on dot ticks.

Running restoration seems like pure garbage as you're often insta casting healing scan and rarely do i feel i need to use it on the move.

Yes, prog scan is the thing everyone looks to interrupt. That was true before but we have supercharged defense up way less often making it tougher. In no way is any possible current setup even close to old RFV + old CF but new CF + Prog Scan tac seems like the only real choice to me and that sucks.

also, emergency scan + healing san CAN do a lot but that 10% loss to crit means we're hitting so many less crit healing scans. plus healing scan got nerfed so you can only ever hit that magical 50k if your relics proc and you get the lucky crit.

I enjoy reading your posts. You ought to create guides for people if you don't already. You have a great understanding of PVP's very minute details and explain them in simple form, very streamlined, etc.

Edited by Lhancelot

Phat already gave you the gist of it. Sweeping blasters ticks 4 times over the 3 second channel, and you'll almost always cancel it immediately after the second tick (or first, if your heat situation is dire) and go into your next ability. Think of it as a power shot replacement, except you have to aim it. Takes practice.

Edited by KittyKat_Karrot

I enjoy reading your posts. You ought to create guides for people if you don't already. You have a great understanding of PVP's very minute details and explain them in simple form, very streamlined, etc.

Hey thank you. I try my best to share what I know with the hopes that it can help others improve.