miraluka sage or shadow

oppositeday

i recently made a male miraluka consular that i intended on making a shadow, but after advancing my sith inquisitor not long after to an assassin, i felt a little disappointed about the double bladed light saber, it just feels like you work so hard to earn your first lightsaber only to almost immediately get another, unfamiliar one. now after putting some thought into making my miraluka a sage i am at a crossroads as to which advanced class to pick. i decided that if anyone can give me a good reason based off of the species lore to pick either class, like which advanced class fits a miraluka better with their whole force sight thing, i will go with that one.

or perhaps i am just putting too much thought into a small detail and just pick whatever.

IMHO, you should go for the one you feel more comfortable with.

In my case, having finished the Consular storyline twice already, I went for a Miraluka for my new Shadow, since I honestly feel it fits with the whole lore aspect of the story, plus it's my kind of homage to Visas Marr, since I always perceived her as a Shadow of sorts.

Empire side, even though I do remember at least a Miraluka trainer on Dromund Kaas(?), I'm not exactly a fan of that approach, since Miraluka are NOT part of the species who were known to be subservient, after the Great Hyperspace War. Of course, you can always say you were kidnapped in the war prior the Cold War but that's a stretch as far as I'm concerned; Then again, go with whatever you feel comfortable with. ;)

thanks i probably will just go with shadow i just started thinking, or over thinking, about how sage might fit a miraluka rp wise better because of how they see with the force, but i still always kinda wanted to play a shadow more than a sage and now i have a reason to make a shadow work for my character rp wise also

The Sage works for consular story too, although I find Sages weak for PVP and PVE, which might be a consideration, ironically I'm finding my Sorc much stronger.

But the story line works for both Shadow and Sage, As a sage it feels like it revolves around being a teacher and philosopher (especially when you get a padawan), but even the fighting isn't out of character, since you are defending the principles of the republic.

Basically it comes down to which style of play you prefer, melee/stealth for shadows, or ranged DPS/Healer for Sage. Since you've already done the Assassin, then you might want to try the Sage, for variety.

The Sage works for consular story too, although I find Sages weak for PVP and PVE, which might be a consideration, ironically I'm finding my Sorc much stronger.

Lolwut?

Sages are boss in PVP, as Healers or DPS.... Ridiculous numbers in the house!!! no but seriously, sages rock.

There's not really much lore forcing one or the other here, as the lore behind miraluka's can apply to either class.

I like hitting things with my lightsaber. So...I'd recommend Shadow. It is a bit disappointing to trade in your new lightsaber, but once you get over that, Miraluka Shadows are very rewarding. Besides the Cathar, Miralukas are my favorite race.

That said...without giving too much away, I don't think the Consular can canonically be a Miraluka. At one point, Consulars see a hologram of someone and react very strongly to it. Given what we saw of Visas' sight and what makes sense for seeing through the Force, Miralukas would not be able to see like we do, and would probably not be able to tell who the hologram was of.

Which leaves me very disappointed, but sure that my Miralukas are not allowed to be canon.