What event in-game is considered the official act that broke the Treaty of Coruscant?

NwahsNirom

Hello, I'm just wondering if anyone knows which class story or which world arc event is seen as the official end of the Treaty of Coruscant?

I have currently finished the Jedi Knight, Consular, and Smuggler story lines, and I'm at the beginning of Chapter 2 for the Trooper. To this point I still am not sure what the official end of the Treaty was. Perhaps I missed it though?

Hello, I'm just wondering if anyone knows which class story or which world arc event is seen as the official end of the Treaty of Coruscant?

I have currently finished the Jedi Knight, Consular, and Smuggler story lines, and I'm at the beginning of Chapter 2 for the Trooper. To this point I still am not sure what the official end of the Treaty was. Perhaps I missed it though?

Finish Act Two for the Trooper, then you'll see.

Even though it is said by most people that events in the Trooper storyline are the ones that shattered the Treaty, there's this one character in the Sith Warrior storyline that claims, after Quesh, that the Treaty of Coruscant has just been broken.

Being who he is, I'd take it with a grain of salt though. Misinformation and deceit are his game.

It's also important to note that Rakton's declaration of war in no way intensified the fighting. No person who actually played through the Black Talon and Esseles flashpoints, or fought in the full scale wars on Alderaan, Taris, and Balmorra, could seriously believe that. Edited by Euphrosyne

In all honesty? I'm not sure. End of Act 2 for the Trooper gets an official declaration, but considering how the factions are behaving at the start of act 2, it could have very well been then. I can't tell officially when the factions started war, but as soon as Esseles and Black Talon you have skirmishes that are 'just' outside the treaty's jurisdiction. Apparently, saying "This threatens our fragile peace" is enough of a reason to get to attack other ships without retaliation.

The war between Empire and Republic is a lot like the (Second) Sino-Japanese War. Japan periodically invaded China throughout the 1920s, then started splitting off parts of China via direct military action in 1931. Realistically, Japan and China were in a state of sort of half-war for a decade and a half. Hostilities frequently occurred, but were localized. At the same time as Japanese and Chinese troops clashed in Zhili, more Japanese and Chinese might be observing an uneasy truce in Shanghai, and vice versa.

In 1937, after the Marco Polo Bridge incident, the Imperial Japanese Army invaded China again. That time, hostilities flared up at every point of Sino-Japanese contact. And the Japanese didn't leave after a few weeks of fighting: they were there to stay. (Although they had been in Manchuria "to stay" for six years, so...yeah.) But Japan and China did not actually declare war on each other until 1941.

That declaration of war didn't actually mark a meaningful point in the course of the war. Most of the big battles of the war had already been fought, like the epic Shanghai campaign and the implementation of the Three Alls Policy. There was no real escalation; in fact, after 1941, Japanese troop levels in China went down, in order to shore up the new fronts in the Pacific and in Indochina. Modern historians of international relations do not date the war as starting in 1941 with the declaration, but in 1937 with the Marco Polo Bridge incident, or 1931 with the invasion of Manchuria.

So it is with the Republic and Empire.

Yeah, more or less. I apologize. I end up repeating myself a lot on this forum. :o

You DESTROYED my self confidence, and you think I'll let you off because you say "I apologize"? YOU DESTROYED ME!

Ah, whatever. You write a nice enough fan fiction, so I'll let it slide. This time.

/end melodramatic overacting

I would say the invasion of Corellia is the act that finally breaks the treaty, yes the stories indicate various things that could have broke the treaty, but since the treaty has been broken and patched up several times these were probably minor blips. But the invasion of Corellia is one step that the Republic won't forgive, and so this is probably the definitive violation that destroys the treaty.

I have put a spoiler on this because it reveals the final planet for all stories, if you know this planet feel free to read, otherwise on your on head be it.