Star Wars Rebels: Exclusive Clip

Beniboybling

You know, I was actually pretty pessimistic about this show. I was a HUGE fan of TCW, and I was worried that they canceled such a good show for some "kiddie" pos. The character videos didn't do this show much justice in my eyes. But this clip has actually made me optimistic for Rebels (especially the Tie Fighter explosion, pay close attention to that.) Don't get me wrong, I still have plenty of doubts about this show, my biggest being what they are doing with the Empire. One of the biggest things TCW was humanize the clones. I feel that was one of the biggest, if not THE biggest them to it. From the videos they have release, its looking like they are turning the Empire into the "big dumb bad guy," who appear to also be quite faceless. Also, a few of the character (*coug* punky kid, and "cowboy Jedi"). I have a few more, but they are small, and not worth mentioning. But, I an now pretty excited for the show. Thanks for showing this.

Ps, Chopper and Blums character loom awesome. And this clip made me like Chopper even more.

To me him surviving was stupid period. HISHE did a perfect rendition with him making fun of the fact that he lived when he just shouldnt have. They could have done a story line with some one else and still made it work. They did that to get people into it for the Darth maul oh so awesome character all the little kiddies loved.

Dathomir was there before, it was better before. The Galaxy is now smaller and de-evolved.

*shrug* Maul was an awesome character who contributed awesomely to the story, in the process taking to be lets face it wasted potential and transforming it into something.

I meant that at some point, it was added to the EU. Dathomir is not smaller, nothing has been removed, things have only been added. Before the male presence on the planet, which obviously existed in some form, was unexplored to my knowledge. Now it is. We also have further insight into Maul's childhood etc. etc.

Oh good, I was just guessing, I have no idea what the original was like. :D

The overall plot was different, but it kept with Brotherhood's storyline about halfway through. The original was more emotionally driven, in my opinion. Both were brilliantly executed in what they did, but I enjoyed Brotherhood more.

The overall plot was different, but it kept with Brotherhood's storyline about halfway through. The original was more emotionally driven, in my opinion. Both were brilliantly executed in what they did, but I enjoyed Brotherhood more.
Interesting, any reason why the decided to reboot it?

Interesting, any reason why the decided to reboot it?

They created Brotherhood to stay true to the Manga. At least that's what I think.

Do you have any plans to see the original? If not, I'll just lore dump all of the changes for you (PM or not).

They created Brotherhood to stay true to the Manga. At least that's what I think.

Do you have any plans to see the original? If not, I'll just lore dump all of the changes for you (PM or not).

Well, probably not. But I've only watched the first few episodes so no spoilers please!

The one with the Priest guy? Yes.

OK, I see where you're at. So the original did two episodes for that area, then it did a few flashback episodes about the Elric boys in their younger years.

You haven't seen episode 4 (An Alchemist's Anguish) have you?

Nope.

Well, then I won't spoil it. It's one of my favorite episodes. All I will say is that the original combined the first two episodes of Brotherhood with the events of An Alchemist's Anguish.

Tell me what you think whenever you watch it.

*shrug* Maul was an awesome character who contributed awesomely to the story, in the process taking to be lets face it wasted potential and transforming it into something.

I meant that at some point, it was added to the EU. Dathomir is not smaller, nothing has been removed, things have only been added. Before the male presence on the planet, which obviously existed in some form, was unexplored to my knowledge. Now it is. We also have further insight into Maul's childhood etc. etc.

The male presence wasnt unexplored, they were slaves ussually all decended from the same woman as the women were or they were pirates that landed on the planet and were captured by the women as slaves. Every Mating Season witches from different clans would go to other clans and steal men, doing so made those men their new property. The only way a man earned his freedom is if he saved a Woman. The chanting for basic abilities has been removed, the way their social system worked was completely removed just giving men their own tribe instead of having them intigrated like they were before. The back story of how the people came to be as they are no longer all one race has been removed. A lot was removed from what Dathomir was, and the stuff that was added..... WAS AWESOME!!!!!! but the stuff that was retconned or removed was stupid.

You could do a Maul back story with out dumbing down Dathomir, making its lore a shell of its former self.

Edit: also I think the original was better then brotherhood for my taste, as was said its more emotionally driven and the brotherhood version I saw was severely censored by comparison to the original, and the darker moments which were dark in the original were to bright for me in Brotherhood. If you watch anime reviewers every now and again there was one that said its 2 camps with the differences with the show, ussually hard core anime goers will like the original more while manga and comic fans will like brother hood more as it stays truer to the source material. I prefer anime to the manga's so.... there you go.

Edited by tunewalker

The male presence wasnt unexplored, they were slaves ussually all decended from the same woman as the women were or they were pirates that landed on the planet and were captured by the women as slaves. Every Mating Season witches from different clans would go to other clans and steal men, doing so made those men their new property. The only way a man earned his freedom is if he saved a Woman. The chanting for basic abilities has been removed, the way their social system worked was completely removed just giving men their own tribe instead of having them intigrated like they were before. The back story of how the people came to be as they are no longer all one race has been removed. A lot was removed from what Dathomir was, and the stuff that was added..... WAS AWESOME!!!!!! but the stuff that was retconned or removed was stupid.

You could do a Maul back story with out dumbing down Dathomir, making its lore a shell of its former self.

I'm not really sure what your talking about, nothing has been retconned or removed, all of this is still true...

Edit: also I think the original was better then brotherhood for my taste, as was said its more emotionally driven and the brotherhood version I saw was severely censored by comparison to the original, and the darker moments which were dark in the original were to bright for me in Brotherhood. If you watch anime reviewers every now and again there was one that said its 2 camps with the differences with the show, ussually hard core anime goers will like the original more while manga and comic fans will like brother hood more as it stays truer to the source material. I prefer anime to the manga's so.... there you go.

Different strokes, right? They're both fantastic.

I'm not really sure what your talking about, nothing has been retconned or removed, all of this is still true...

except any time a nightsister in the show did TK they did it with out words thus it was altered. The Men had their own camp thus it was altered. They were not all the same species thus the back story has been removed entirely. I just said all this.

Edited by tunewalker

except any time a nightsister in the show did TK they did it with out words thus it was altered. The Men had their own camp thus it was altered. They were not all the same species thus the back story has been removed entirely. I just said all this.
OK I see about the men part, but I don't remember any Nightsisters using TK... and I mean if they chant for most things apart from the basic abilities does anyone really care or notice?

EDIT: Ultimately I suppose its a matter of preference, and whether you prefer the changes or not.

Edited by Beniboybling

OK I see about the men part, but I don't remember any Nightsisters using TK... and I mean if they chant for most things apart from the basic abilities does anyone really care or notice?

EDIT: Ultimately I suppose its a matter of preference, and whether you prefer the changes or not.

Your edit is absolutely correct, some can deal with it and i understand those that can, they werent invested in that world that much to begin with and the new stuff they got to see instead of read about opened horizons and stuff they never knew about and made it interesting. For me i feel they could have done that with out gutting some of the lore.

And the Nightsisters use to chant for everything, Force Speed, and Valor they chanted before the fight and after the chant the ability would stay up for a while, everything in the Force was magic to them a remarkable few (ussually the mothers or the healers) learned to use non-verbal basic "spells" but the complicated "spells" they still chanted as you saw in the show, but like the leaping around before they did that they should have chanted and then ran off to fight, any TK they should have, but yes in the end it was a prefrence thing of if it bothered you or not... it bother me :D.