DarthBuckets

The new GTN deposit is a completely negligible amount of credits, and is detrimental to the GTN economy.

As it stands, there is little to no punishment for canceling auctions and re-posting, rapidly undercutting the competition.

I believe this was changed in 1.5 to probably avoid players with credit caps smuggling credits via deposits and mail, but can it be looked at?

The new GTN deposit is a completely negligible amount of credits, and is detrimental to the GTN economy.

As it stands, there is little to no punishment for canceling auctions and re-posting, rapidly undercutting the competition.

I believe this was changed in 1.5 to probably avoid players with credit caps smuggling credits via deposits and mail, but can it be looked at?

Should make items cheaper, which means F2P players can afford them, and makes it less likely that gold farmers will use the auction house to build credits, and will make auctions more competitive.

Don't think it will be changed.

Hate it. It encourages frivolous selling and unrealistic asking prices. It should require some thought and some research before you put an item up. Combined with the glut of apparently unwanted rare crafting items from the gambling boxes, I am not happy about the impact to the GTN. Just barely related, but the ctr-leftclick item preview of items on GTN is broken for some companions.

I know BW was under tremendous pressure to get the cartel shop out there and give the new model a try, but as someone who liked to use the GTN I can't say I like the impact it has had.

Hate it. It encourages frivolous selling and unrealistic asking prices.

The market takes care of that via supply/demand. People will only pay listing prices they are willing to pay. Listing deposit has zero factor from the purchasers perspective.

The only people I am aware of that don't like this change are people trying to undercut other listers by a small amount on high value items, knowing that the penalty to cancel and relist protects them for the listing period of their competition. You can no longer do that effectively, and frankly it was cheeze to do so to begin with.

Adapt, or leave the sellers market IMO. There is no QQing in baseball, or GTN merchandising in SWTOR.

The market takes care of that via supply/demand. People will only pay listing prices they are willing to pay. Listing deposit has zero factor from the purchasers perspective.

The only people I am aware of that don't like this change are people trying to undercut other listers by a small amount on high value items, knowing that the penalty to cancel and relist protects them for the listing period of their competition. You can no longer do that effectively, and frankly it was cheeze to do so to begin with.

Adapt, or leave the sellers market IMO. There is no QQing in baseball, or GTN merchandising in SWTOR.

First off, your assumptions about what I'm doing on the market are wrong. Secondly, it's rather obnoxious to suggest someone leave and QQ because they have a different opinion than yours. If you don't want to read other opinions, consider starting your own blog.

This reminds of WoW auction house. It's really annoying when some one undercuts you by one copper in wow and are forced to list more items undercutting for one copper too. It pretty much turns into a auction house war until one party runs out of items to list or just gets tired of listing items and checking. At least now prices will more the less normalize without the nonsense I'm undercut you by 1 credit.

The old deposit meant I would leave my item listed even if I got an offer in person of 95% value. Even if someone was willing to pay asking price, you would go through the GTN, because losing your deposit was worse than using the GTN cut. Now, there's no reason not to harass GTN sellers with offers below listing price, since they lose only a few hundred credits of deposit on some of the game's most valuable items.

Beyond that, the constant relisting at lower prices may be good for the buyer, but that's really worthless. People who are producing high value items in any significant quantity are going to have the same effect on their inputs, so margins should be pretty stable (at the 18% crit rate for mod sellers like myself).

It is, however, annoying to those of us who list things at fair prices for long duration to have every "cheeze" seller able to relist and undercut at a moment's notice.

There are people without bank tabs using the GTN as their bank, since listing something for 350 million credits is little more than storage.

The misclick-predator high price listings are also encouraged by unlinking the deposit from the true value (asking price) of the item.

The new deposit system is both inflationary and annoying. Please revert or explain very clearly how this is better.

I think the rampant deflation is here to stay. We'll go through an adjustment period and then new items at every tier of purchasing will settle into the new economy.

Hint, it will take the longest for top endgame mods/armors/enhancements/hilts to deflate. We'll be waiting awhile on those.

You do realize they take less on the front end, but more on the back end, don't you?

What I hate most is the lack of transparency. Displaying the deposit, especially now that it's so low, is useless. I want to know right away how much a successful listing will cost me without pulling out a calculator every single time.

I noticed different costs for different items at same selling price and same listing time. Is there a guide somewhere that explains the math?

What I hate most is the lack of transparency. Displaying the deposit, especially now that it's so low, is useless. I want to know right away how much a successful listing will cost me without pulling out a calculator every single time.

I noticed different costs for different items at same selling price and same listing time. Is there a guide somewhere that explains the math?

It's a small fraction of the selling price, no matter how you slice it. I believe it is 6% of price sold, regardless of duration of listing or price. Smaller then some other MMOs. If it worries you, then sell items in /trade instead... but you are going to get low balled and hassled in /trade IMO.

Any appearance of different commission rates is likely due to differences in the deposit prices + sell price - commission making some items which list cheaper appear to be charged more commission. They significantly reduced the listing deposit in the last patch so it makes it look like less money on the final sale then before patch.

Beyond that, the constant relisting at lower prices may be good for the buyer, but that's really worthless. People who are producing high value items in any significant quantity are going to have the same effect on their inputs, so margins should be pretty stable (at the 18% crit rate for mod sellers like myself).

It is, however, annoying to those of us who list things at fair prices for long duration to have every "cheeze" seller able to relist and undercut at a moment's notice.

I dont see anything wrong with under cutting, as you say yourself it works better for the buyer since that drives the prices down. the "cheeze" sellers will come and go. Sellers will now have to set a reasonable price for their listings or another player will undercut them. I personally will under cut other sellers, but there is a line I wouldnt go below because that willl eat into my profit margins and would defeat the point of me crafting and selling..

e.g. I see people sell XXX item for 50k. I can sell said XXX item for 40k and still make a good profit. the people who set their price at 50k will have to bring it down to my level in order to get their items sold. simple really. If they complain about not being able to make a profit at the same price I'm selling mine and I'm getting a profit then they're not doing it right. They should consider looking at their costs and see how others are doing it instead of complaining other people are undercutting them.

I gather mostly my own materials and by the ones I can't do myself (this is more time consuming) but it keeps my costs low. If people buy in all their materials then their costs are gonna be alot higher than mine so they cant set the price as low as I can. I see crafting materials price set at x10 or x20 the price the items would be if you were to gather them youself and people are buying (I assume to craft with) as those prices havent dropped. If more people started to gather some of those items for themselves then the material sellers will not beable to demand those ridiculous prices

Its all about supply and demand. you'll see GTN prices drop until it hits a natural point. just the way all markets work. only reason profit was so good and prices high was because not as many sellers were around. and people got used to being able prices fix. that simply isnt gonna be the case for much longers as more crafter/sellers come through.

The only exception to those rules are the luck people who have extremely-rare or now unobtainable schematics like the WH purple crystal or the supreme inquis robe. They have the monopoly coz on one else can make them so they freely price fix.