New Cartel Mounts drop rate is ridiculous!!

Shynymist

Your premise is lame you can indefinately play xbox but you cant play swtor and use what u paid for when they inevitably shut it down

It's the difference between renting and buying. If you rent a house all repair and maintenance work is for the owner. If you buy a house it's yours but if something breaks down then it's all up to you.

The xbox has a limited warranty. You own it but if it breaks down you have to buy a new one if it's older. Warranty in the EU is normally two years. SWTOR will be two years now. If something breaks it's up to them to fix it. If the xbox breaks it's yours.

So both have advantages or disadvantages. Some people prefer to rent and some prefer to buy. An MMO is a rental situation. But you pay for the current use and environment.

And as I said, without any digital content the xbox itself doesn't do anything. I mean sure, I can still play D2 on my pc, but do I? No I don't. It's outdated. I really don't think that many people still play games on their PS1 or whatever, because it is still outdated, even if you own it and still own the games. But if it breaks, Sony can't get you a new one.

So honestly, the comparison is not a good one, but your argumentation falls short just the same. It's not as simple as you seem to imply.

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's the difference between renting and buying. If you rent a house all repair and maintenance work is for the owner. If you buy a house it's yours but if something breaks down then it's all up to you.

The xbox has a limited warranty. You own it but if it breaks down you have to buy a new one if it's older. Warranty in the EU is normally two years. SWTOR will be two years now. If something breaks it's up to them to fix it. If the xbox breaks it's yours.

So both have advantages or disadvantages. Some people prefer to rent and some prefer to buy. An MMO is a rental situation. But you pay for the current use and environment.

And as I said, without any digital content the xbox itself doesn't do anything. I mean sure, I can still play D2 on my pc, but do I? No I don't. It's outdated. I really don't think that many people still play games on their PS1 or whatever, because it is still outdated, even if you own it and still own the games. But if it breaks, Sony can't get you a new one.

So honestly, the comparison is not a good one, but your argumentation falls short just the same. It's not as simple as you seem to imply.

Actually i still beat genesis and super nintendo games regulalry. I just finished warsong for about the tenth time as well as metal marines and breath of fire. Secret of mana 2. If the game is good the system will alays be playable

You can buy ab xbox with a game so yea u can play without buying. I dont understand whst u mean bout digital content idk any system that can play withiout the actual games ?

So you assumption that ppl dont play old systems is discredited

Actually i still beat genesis and super nintendo games regulalry. I just finished warsong for about the tenth time as well as metal marines and breath of fire. Secret of mana 2. If the game is good the system will alays be playable

You can buy ab xbox with a game so yea u can play without buying. I dont understand whst u mean bout digital content idk any system that can play withiout the actual games ?

So you assumption that ppl dont play old systems is discredited

You need to learn to read. I said that I think MOST people don't. I did not assume nobody does. I am very well aware there are some people out there who still have old consoles and games but on the whole game community I would think it safe to assume that that's very much a minority of gamers that still do. And these machines and games are also no longer made by the companies who made them so if anything breaks...you're on your own.

You need to learn to read. I said that I think MOST people don't. I did not assume nobody does. I am very well aware there are some people out there who still have old consoles and games but on the whole game community I would think it safe to assume that that's very much a minority of gamers that still do. And these machines and games are also no longer made by the companies who made them so if anything breaks...you're on your own.

Actually the retro gamer scene is huge all u habe to do is go ro a convention or at least look on one of their websites. I can read thank you and you are still wrong because most peole do still play old games maybe not often but they do

what ever happened to a basic understanding of consumer economics and purchasing power? Basic economics and common sense (if that even exists anymore) would point to the concept of opportunity cost of items.

Value of an item is measured in 2 ways.

1) immediate return on investment, this would be interpreted as how most people view "value" what do i get for it now. In game items offer an enhanced entertainment experience and varying levels of pleasure. Similar to going to a movie or "i feel like having icecream". This typically meets an immediate "want" not necessarily fulfilling a need (see any economics 101 on difference between a WANT and a NEED).

2) Opportunity cost/next best alternative. This is the "hidden cost" of said item where purchasing item A has a cost of NOT purchasing item B. The Cost of a Big Mac is the ability to NOT buy a Whopper, however this is usually not so cut and dry. The cost of purchasing an item will come at the opportunity cost of seeking long term gains on an investment. I could buy a new car NOW, or invest the money and see a rate of return. Many people who are subbing AND buying items off the CM tend to think this way in most instances. I can spend $50 on CM but then must "give up" something else, ie. Movies, new pair of shoes, etc. Additionally the cost of spending it, costs me the ability to invest it for future returns.

Given the current prices, interest rates, and such, I'm almost better having my money stashed in my mattress than in any long term investment. Short term investing at this point is rather pointless and I have to weigh it against he loss of future income (i.e if i were to have a future cost, could i continue to survive). Most people see this as spending no more then they are willing to lose.

tl;dr if you can't afford to spend it don't. If YOU don't have money to spend don't complain about those of us who can/do.

what ever happened to a basic understanding of consumer economics and purchasing power? Basic economics and common sense (if that even exists anymore) would point to the concept of opportunity cost of items.

Value of an item is measured in 2 ways.

1) immediate return on investment, this would be interpreted as how most people view "value" what do i get for it now. In game items offer an enhanced entertainment experience and varying levels of pleasure. Similar to going to a movie or "i feel like having icecream". This typically meets an immediate "want" not necessarily fulfilling a need (see any economics 101 on difference between a WANT and a NEED).

2) Opportunity cost/next best alternative. This is the "hidden cost" of said item where purchasing item A has a cost of NOT purchasing item B. The Cost of a Big Mac is the ability to NOT buy a Whopper, however this is usually not so cut and dry. The cost of purchasing an item will come at the opportunity cost of seeking long term gains on an investment. I could buy a new car NOW, or invest the money and see a rate of return. Many people who are subbing AND buying items off the CM tend to think this way in most instances. I can spend $50 on CM but then must "give up" something else, ie. Movies, new pair of shoes, etc. Additionally the cost of spending it, costs me the ability to invest it for future returns.

Given the current prices, interest rates, and such, I'm almost better having my money stashed in my mattress than in any long term investment. Short term investing at this point is rather pointless and I have to weigh it against he loss of future income (i.e if i were to have a future cost, could i continue to survive). Most people see this as spending no more then they are willing to lose.

tl;dr if you can't afford to spend it don't. If YOU don't have money to spend don't complain about those of us who can/do.

Sounds like somebody is fresh out of an economics course

Sounds like somebody is fresh out of an economics course

I havn't taken an economics course in 15 years. I just happened to actually LEARN something and understand what they actually mean.

Edited by DOHboy

A waste of money? I don't know. I pay a monthly fee for television that I subsequently do not watch. I pay for a movie ticket which allows me to watch a pre arranged set of pixels ONCE. Heck, my friends pay for cigarettes that literally go up in smoke after a short time. Who's to say I'm wasting my cash on cartel coins?

Actually the retro gamer scene is huge all u habe to do is go ro a convention or at least look on one of their websites. I can read thank you and you are still wrong because most peole do still play old games maybe not often but they do

"Most people." That means 3.5-billion-and-one people play "old games" (whatever "old games" means).

A waste of money? I don't know. I pay a monthly fee for television that I subsequently do not watch. I pay for a movie ticket which allows me to watch a pre arranged set of pixels ONCE. Heck, my friends pay for cigarettes that literally go up in smoke after a short time. Who's to say I'm wasting my cash on cartel coins?

you know i've NEVER heard one person ever complain that TP is a "waste of money" since you quite literally use it to wipe your backside with and again literally flush it down the toilet. :eek:

In some places the price of TP is actually more expensive than their form of currency and thus it is cheaper to wipe with money than with TP....:rak_03:

so hows that for a "waste of money" :D

you know i've NEVER heard one person ever complain that TP is a "waste of money" since you quite literally use it to wipe your backside with and again literally flush it down the toilet. :eek:

In some places the price of TP is actually more expensive than their form of currency and thus it is cheaper to wipe with money than with TP....:rak_03:

so hows that for a "waste of money" :D

New SW:TOR Gambling Bag slogan!

"It's less of a waste of money than toilet paper!"

Cartel bazar is just gambling disguised as an item shop, we don't want to shock underage players or their parents, your game is not working or making enough money ? no problem add gambling to it, gambling is so addictive you don't even need to push hard to make loads of money.

Cartel bazar is just gambling disguised as an item shop, we don't want to shock underage players or their parents, your game is not working or making enough money ? no problem add gambling to it, gambling is so addictive you don't even need to push hard to make loads of money.

This argument again...all these should just be made a sticky so everyone can just point back to them and not have to rehash every argument again, and again, and again...:(

...I resemble that remark. ;)

Oh, Artemis! :p

If this player used the ~$900 on buying credits instead of buying CPs, he/she would have probably been a multimillionaire. Plus, you could possibly put that you bought credits from Chinese farmers on your tax returns. Better to help feed the mouths of low-income Chinese families than execs who earn six-figure salaries.

:rak_03:

No one is forcing you to buy the hypercrates. Last I checked, it's a game of chance and as such, luck of the draw is the rule.

If you don't like it, do the same I do: Wait for the BoP to wear off and buy the mount from the GTN. Or, instead of going wild and buying a zillion crates, opening and NOT getting what you want, just sell them on the GTN instead. I'm fairly sure you'll get enough creds to buy the mount eventually.

(bad answer!)

I purchased 9 Hypercrates: Trackers Bounty Packs on my account and 6 on the account I have for my daughter...that is 316 packs!! There was NOT ONE Raptor pet, NOT ONE Coastal varactyl and NOT ONE Flatland Zeldrate drop! It seems to me the drop rate for these items are a bit on the RIDICULOUS LOW side! I've spent a small fortune (my choice) for a chance to win those items. With that many packs it seems there should have been at least 1 drop!

Anyone else see a problem with the drop rate of these items?

I put in a ticket to ask why and was told to go to the suggestion thread of the Forums. I went there and there is no place for a complaint post on this subject. :mad::mad::mad:

lol you gambled over $1000 USD and lose? QQ more

you could flip a coin 100 times and have it be tails 100 times.....probable? no, possible? yes.

rng is rng bro.....you are clearly unlucky and should instead of buy more, just send me your money and I'll tell you you didn't get a drop, at least this one one of us gets some satisfaction.

Again, I think the strategy posed here is the right one...buy a hypercrate, open a few for yourself, post the rest to raise cash.

If you don't get what you want from the pack, you will likely get it with coin on the GTN. Someone will be lucky enough to hit it and post it for sale.