10 Mins? REALLY???

Grashopper

C'mon that absurd timer has to go. 9 mins for a death???

Enough already. Make it 5 MAX. This "STUFF" has to stop.

*Note* For all you company suckups who don't agree, go someplace else. I don't care or want your input. Do NOT let the door hit ya, it leaves nasty marks.,

9 mins of my time is worth more then the monthly subscription. Change it or i will. Nuf' said.

-GH

Y'know, I don't normally defend TOR on these forums since, despite what the defense force may say, a lot of threads are very valid. This one, however, is not. You're lucky all you get is a 10 min timer. Back on Everquest you'd lose everything you had on you. Death penalties are exceptionally light in this game, so light, in fact, that I'm not afraid to throw myself into a death trap. Even if the timer gets super long, I just spawn at the nearest med center and spend 2 mins traveling back.

But considering how impossible it is to die in this game, since you SHOULD be a good 5+ levels higher then any of your opponents (assuming you're doing every quest and space dailies), it really isn't that big of a problem. If anything death penalties should be more severe. Too much hand holding going on.

Y'know, I don't normally defend TOR on these forums since, despite what the defense force may say, a lot of threads are very valid. This one, however, is not. You're lucky all you get is a 10 min timer. Back on Everquest you'd lose everything you had on you. Death penalties are exceptionally light in this game, so light, in fact, that I'm not afraid to throw myself into a death trap. Even if the timer gets super long, I just spawn at the nearest med center and spend 2 mins traveling back.

But considering how impossible it is to die in this game, since you SHOULD be a good 5+ levels higher then any of your opponents (assuming you're doing every quest and space dailies), it really isn't that big of a problem. If anything death penalties should be more severe. Too much hand holding going on.

QFT. OHHH God, QFT. Except the +5 levels bit, I'm currently 3 levels below my questline at 45.

Edited by mattdell

The real thing you should be ************ about is the rez timer. The ability to rez another player has a bloody 15 minute cooldown. That's just stupid no matter how you look at it. Self-rezzing should always be a cumbersome affair, but to have to sit there and wait because your buddy rez'd you ten minutes ago is just bad design.

The real thing you should be ************ about is the rez timer. The ability to rez another player has a bloody 15 minute cooldown. That's just stupid no matter how you look at it. Self-rezzing should always be a cumbersome affair, but to have to sit there and wait because your buddy rez'd you ten minutes ago is just bad design.

The fact that anyone can rez you, and not just those capable of healing, offsets that i think.

The fact that anyone can rez you, and not just those capable of healing, offsets that i think.

Yeah but, as far as I'm aware, even medic classes suffer from this. Me and my bros operate a trooper squad and as far as I can tell, our medic has to wait 15 mins between rezzes to. Unless he gets something that changes this down the line. It's fine for non-medic classes to have this timer, but medics should be able to rez you until the sun sets, since that is kind of what they are there for.

That is really your complaint? Here is an idea, don't be bad and die. It's already bad enough that there is no punishment for dying. Which i would consider a result of casuals taking over the gaming market. Would you rather them just auto respawn you no matter what? There was a time when games would actually make you try and be good. I think they should dock you 20% of your current experience every time you die. That would make you second guess yourself before rushing into a fight you aren't ready for.

The last time I died and got a timer of 10 mins for on-the-spot ressing was when I purposely died several times in a row during beta...

Med Center is instant bud, so is having a friend or passer-by ress you.

Furthermore, if you don't want opposing feedback on your opinions and comments then you really should find a different venue to post your feedback, rather than in a public space.

Yeah but, as far as I'm aware, even medic classes suffer from this. Me and my bros operate a trooper squad and as far as I can tell, our medic has to wait 15 mins between rezzes to. Unless he gets something that changes this down the line. It's fine for non-medic classes to have this timer, but medics should be able to rez you until the sun sets, since that is kind of what they are there for.

Depends. As a Sage, my rez CD is instant I believe (as a perk) but shadows wont have that.

Would be utterly stupid to make healing speced players only able to rez 1 person every 15 min, especialy in raid groups.

Depends. As a Sage, my rez CD is instant I believe (as a perk) but shadows wont have that.

Would be utterly stupid to make healing speced players only able to rez 1 person every 15 min, especialy in raid groups.

I'll have to ask my friend what the CD on his rez is next time we play, then.

You'd be wrong, healers (Commando, Sage, Scoundrel on Republic) all have no cooldown on their rez, you get a passive that bestows that on you at level 10 when you pick your advanced class.

Stop trying to do Heroic 4s solo.

A 10 minute timer means you've died at least 3-4 times in a very short period of time. Which means you are either A) attempting to Zerg content, B) trying to complete content you are too low level for or need a group for, or C) incompetent.

The increasing timer is "working as intended" for A and B. C... well, can't help with that.

And if you can't stand it, just use the Medcenter. That's instant, though you have to walk back to where you died... oh wait! That's the same thing as a corpse run! :rolleyes:

TOR probably has the least punishing death mechanic of all MMOs out there.

Edited by Kashaan

Honestly, there have to be some kind of penalty for dying or they might as well remove dying all together. I haven't experienced more than 1 min something but was told that your armor take more dmg when you die. But knowing about the 10 min will make me more careful now.

Maybe you have to change the way you play to avoid getting 10 min?