what do you think about guild levels?

LUCASCASADEIS

Not a fan. Usually just turns into another grind/time sink for whatever unlocks and doesn't really add anything to a guild's social aspect, which is kinda what it should be doing imo. I think there are other things they should be focusing on instead, but I'm not opposed to the idea of them doing something more with guilds down the line.

Having been there, done that in WoW... bad idea. Especially if there's any sort of perk/advantage tied to the guild levels. As time rolls on it becomes pretty much mandatory to join a high level guild just for the benefits, and when you're recruiting for a smaller guild, the questions people ask change from 'What kind of people/events/etc does the guild have?' to 'Are you at least level X and have perk Y for me?'

I hate what the whole guild levels and perks thing did to small family and RP guilds in WoW, and I sincerely hope I never, ever see it here.

I would love to see them added!

* Guild Levels

* Guild Perks

* Guild Banners

* Guild Uniforms

* Guild Daily Quests

* Guild Ships

Though I doubt we will ever see any of that. Upon release all we got was a Guild Tag and a chat channel. It took 4 months to get the vaults added as a special feature.

for example guilds get experience from the experience earned from the members.

guild level 1, 2, 3....55.

i don't know how explain this but it would be nice if we have guild levels.

This system is extremely awesome when implemented correctly. Bioware mentioned working on this back at the guild summit I attended. But it's not a priority and even if they did implement it, I'm sure it would be something stupid. Like you'd have to pay 14billion creds to start then the rewards wouldn't be worth getting because nothing worth a damn would come of it. I could be wrong though.

That's because they did a terrible job of implementing something that Mythic did correctly years before in WarHammer.

You may very well be correct on that - you're definitely correct that it was implemented in pretty much the worst possible way. I guess I'd have no objection if it could be implemented in a way that wouldn't turn guilds from a social thing into a 'How can I get the most out of you suckers it's all about ME ME ME' thing.

Having been there, done that in WoW... bad idea. Especially if there's any sort of perk/advantage tied to the guild levels. As time rolls on it becomes pretty much mandatory to join a high level guild just for the benefits, and when you're recruiting for a smaller guild, the questions people ask change from 'What kind of people/events/etc does the guild have?' to 'Are you at least level X and have perk Y for me?'

I hate what the whole guild levels and perks thing did to small family and RP guilds in WoW, and I sincerely hope I never, ever see it here.

It doesn't have to take a huge amount of effort to get said perks. Just because WoW does it one way does not mean that it will be that way everywhere else that it's implemented. Try thinking about ways that it could be improved upon instead of immediately pooping on the idea because it made things worse in WoW.

What do I think about guild levels? That they could make this MMO more meaningful. If you want to know what I have said regarding guild levels/perks/legacy etc. just take a look at my early thread history for a taste. I won't link here.