The Old Republic Insider - April 2013

CourtneyWoods

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So is the entire character customization thing gonna be through the cartel market?

Maybe we can also have a "Fix bolster" consumable at the CM huh? Or how about a "Make a dev respond" holo-comm?

Very excited about armor dyes! However the fact they are tied to a cartel market feature is disappointing. Hopefully the price is reasonable.

You really expected it NOT to be tied to the Cartel Market? Well, at least it's happening, even if it doesn't support the Crafting sub-section.

You really expected it NOT to be tied to the Cartel Market? Well, at least it's happening, even if it doesn't support the Crafting sub-section.

We don't know how it works yet, it's possible that you can buy colours from crafters but need to use the appearance thingy to apply them. We'll see.

As long as the little things like armor dies, hair, eye color are easily handled by CC stipend, I'm not fussed. I expect species changes to be more expensive. You have to pay real money even in WoW for that. But I'm also completely prepared to pay extra money if it means I can add cool things that aren't already existing in game to my characters. I don't know if that will happen in 2.1, but I certainly do hope for lots of new customization options to come eventually (including ship customization) Edited by chuixupu

I was excited about everything until the guy kept saying that one poisonous word.......Cartel, cartel, cartel, cartel, cartel. I know you pay 15 bucks a month but here pay more for something basic like armor dye and a barber shop.

Cartel Market

Cathar - Am I the only person who doesn't think Cathar are anything to write home about?

Definitely not. Am I the only person that feels that the Cathar species seems like a major cop-out since all they had to do was re-shade and maybe tweek a few facial nurbs on existing models?

I am all about new features and the character customization interface looks cool. However, just prior to 2.0 rolling out I had been away about a year, all the while maintaining my subscription. Some people can imagine the huge kickin the nuts I felt when I came back to discover the cartel market system. In my opinion, subbers should not only be able to access things not available through the market so that non-subbers have no way to access them, i.e., no temporary or limited access via cartel coins, but there should also be more things that subbers don't have to pay for that are available on the market. I.e., subscriptions really should be in lieu of having to buy things on the cartel market.

A good example might be, just as some items have the "bought via cartel market" icon on them, some items could have a "subscribers only" icon on them, like the armor dyes. Make them craftable, but have crafted armor dyes have a "Bind to Subscriber" status. I already pay to play. I shouldn't have to pay for additional features.

Yes, yes, these features are coming. I'm not sure a promo video that reminds us that stuff that's been long-in-coming anyway and generally pretty well known is all that exciting, especially when it's all about how we can pay extra for it, rather than just, y'know, feel like our subscription means something.

So when will we see this patch on live servers?

Likely the standard 6 to 8 weeks.... Don't know why you would expect any different of a timeframe. We are currently in the middle of week 3 BTW (unless they aren't actually counting the early access week... in which case we are in like week 2...)

Given that they have already announced a lot of this stuff, I would expect it closer to 6 weeks, because this is a really EARLY announcement.

Yes, yes, these features are coming. I'm not sure a promo video that reminds us that stuff that's been long-in-coming anyway and generally pretty well known is all that exciting, especially when it's all about how we can pay extra for it, rather than just, y'know, feel like our subscription means something.

Subscribers are second class citizens now I'm afraid :(

The idea of finally being able to choose the armor pieces I want and make them the color I want has revitalized my excitement about the game!.

I was very, very disappointed to find out that I could change my sex, but this more than makes up for it!