Cross Faction (Neutral) GTN

Blaac

I'm just trying to understand what the purpose or reasoning behind disallowing alts to purchase gear from the other faction on the Neutral GTN.

• Items can still be sold to the other side.

• It doesnt take sales away from other players.

• It doesnt ruin the economy.

• It doesnt take credits away from anyone (ie. Im not stealing credits from the Republic by purchasing something on that side.)

• Items made on the Repubic/Imperial sides can be made on both sides, so its not introducing items that shouldn't be available.

So what DOES it do that warrants it not being allowed? I'm just trying to wrap my head around this. Any constructive feedback is appreciated.

***Yes, I am wondering this because I want to make something on my main character and purchase it with an alt, because for some reason low level upgrades are seriously overpriced and/or nonexistent on my server.

Edited by Blaac

I'm just trying to understand what the purpose or reasoning behind disallowing alts to purchase gear from the other faction on the Neutral GTN.

• Items can still be sold to the other side.

• It doesnt take sales away from other players.

• It doesnt ruin the economy.

• It doesnt take credits away from anyone (ie. Im not stealing credits from the Republic by purchasing something on that side.)

• Items made on the Repubic/Imperial sides can be made on both sides, so its not introducing items that shouldn't be available.

So what DOES it do that warrants it not being allowed? I'm just trying to wrap my head around this. Any constructive feedback is appreciated.

***Yes, I am wondering this because I want to make something on my main character and purchase it with an alt, because for some reason low level upgrades are seriously overpriced and/or nonexistent on my server.

If I understand you correctly you main is one faction and your alt is another faction. you want to make something with your Main then have your alt use the neutral Ah to purchase it. I belive it is just not something they considered and it just slipped their minds that people would do this. After all I am sure they said why would anyone need to purchase an item from their main they could just mail it. Thus not thinking about cross factions. Hopefully, they will allow this in the furture

If I understand you correctly you main is one faction and your alt is another faction. you want to make something with your Main then have your alt use the neutral Ah to purchase it. I belive it is just not something they considered and it just slipped their minds that people would do this. After all I am sure they said why would anyone need to purchase an item from their main they could just mail it. Thus not thinking about cross factions. Hopefully, they will allow this in the furture

Thats exactly what I wanna do. I am more than willing to go through the process of using a Neutral GTN if thats the only way they wanna make it available. Im just not sure why its not now. I believe they HAVE a reason, I just cant figure it out.

Had to come here and ask cuz in general chat the only answers I got were "Cuz thats how they made it and its perfect. Quit trolling". Because apparently any time someone disagrees with your point of view they can only be a troll these days.