Focus Target Modifier not working

Elduderinoaa

I've tried a dozen different keys, including all the F keys, all the numbers, and many of the letter keys. The checkbox in preferences to enable Focus Target Modifier is ON.

When I press and hold the focus modifier, the abilities on my hotbar go dark and the mouse turns purple, so I know it's 'functioning', but when I then press the hotkey for a button on my hotbar nothing happens.

Only certain abilities will work on certain targets.

Have you done all the following? (given what you wrote, some are obviously "Yes", but might as well be complete)

1) Game>Controls>General - clicked "Enable Focus Target"

2) Key Bindings > Targeting - set a key for "Focus Target Modifier"

3) Key Bindings > Targeting - set a key for "Set Focus Target / Swap Focus Target" ? (default is alt-F)

So I just checked on my Commando (has some heals) in my stronghold. Clicked (1), Set (2) to NUMPAD8, checked that (3) had "alt-F".

Selected Elara

alt-F - her focus window appears (did you not get this?)

select myself (just to make sure she isn't target)

depress (and hold) NUMPAD8 - purple arrow appears, some abilities are darkened

use any of my heal ability shortcuts on quickbar - they heal Elara

So, that all works for me

• 3 months later...
Ah, and now it dawns on me. I didn't understand the functionality of the Focus Target Modifier. You just get your focus target, not your focus target's target. Derp.

You've probably found it by now, but there is a keybind option for "acquire focus target's target" in addition to just acquiring your focus target and the focus target modifier.

The modifier is great to use, though. It allows you to, for example, interrupt the enemy healer while still targeting and attacking an enemy dps. Or heal your tank, while still targeting and healing your dps. Or switch guard from a dps to your healer, while still targeting and attacking an enemy.

It's a cool, built-in feature.