More Girl Character Specific Items

For all the female characters that are made there are very little items that work well. I suggest you get a girl to assist in designing some items but we would like to see;

Gold Blonde, there is the brownish color but I'm talking actual blonde gold/yellow hair.

More Shoes, Specifically High Heeled boots.

Better head items, like Tiaras and such.

Long straight/semi-wavy hair, like Mid-Back length

and a Gold color Dye yellow doesn't work in some cases

selection is far too limited, and all you see is slave/dancer outfits and satele boots.

I definitely agree that female hairstyles are definitely a disappointment. But then so are male ones. Hairstyles in TOR in general are pretty terribad.

I don't think they can do high heels because they'd have to redesign female toons from the waist down to implement them.

There aren't any metallic dyes, just pieces of armor that happen to be metallic and accept dye (think the Dread Forged/ Dark or Light vendor models), so actual metallic dyes would be lovely!

I'd go for any new customization- as long as it was available to both male and female characters. There are already items in the game that male characters can't wear, and they get shafted on every new hairstyle pack release (2 female and 1 male hairstyle in the last one). I don't see why one sex should get preferential treatment when it comes to customization. Edited by SourOrange

Don't think swtor is the game for high heels.🤔

People are running around in slave girl outfits. The cat is already out of the bag, so to speak. To use another metaphor, no point in closing the barn doors once the horses have escaped. But I would only support high heels if they were implemented properly. The one thing .. ONE THING .. ArcheAge did right was high heels. Your character's height actually changed when you put on high heel shoes/boots. Most games that have heels on shoes just shorten the character's leg to make the appearance of heels. Also makes the legs look deformed.

My only wish is that they stop with the new slave girl or cutout outfits. Or, at least, if they insist on having that stuff make it wearable for both genders. Let both genders be equally exploited...

In terms of new stuff we do desperately need better female hairstyles. Curly and wavy hair especially and long hair styles that don't look like 1980s mall hair.

Only if my males can wear them too. And while they're at it, they can give me back the belt appearance that I paid for that they took away years ago and made female only because some narrow-minded idiots raised a stink about the gold looking 'too girly.' Edited by Daewan

There are already items in the game that male characters can't wear

There are also items in the game that female characters can't wear. (the most accessible example: go to the Social Item Vendors on the capital worlds. They sell, for 300 credits per piece, BoP armour (empty orange shells) for men and separate ones for women. It's "Requires Social Rank 1", but that's not exactly hard to get.)

The number of sets that men cannot wear is much higher than vice versa. And I'm not saying that male-exclusive sets are the correct answer either. Everyone should be able to wear everything, or equivalent sets tailored to both sexes should be available, fair is fair. Edited by SourOrange

The number of sets that men cannot wear is much higher than vice versa. And I'm not saying that male-exclusive sets are the correct answer either. Everyone should be able to wear everything, or equivalent sets tailored to both sexes should be available, fair is fair.

So men should wear the slave suit bra's in swtor?

My only wish is that they stop with the new slave girl or cutout outfits. Or, at least, if they insist on having that stuff make it wearable for both genders. Let both genders be equally exploited...

In terms of new stuff we do desperately need better female hairstyles. Curly and wavy hair especially and long hair styles that don't look like 1980s mall hair.

When was the last time they released new slave outfits or anything that was female exclusive (not counting the underwear since there are male/female versions of it)? 3 years? 4 years?

I think they got the hint awhile ago, they just aren't going back to change the existing stuff.

When was the last time they released new slave outfits or anything that was female exclusive (not counting the underwear since there are male/female versions of it)? 3 years? 4 years?

I think they got the hint awhile ago, they just aren't going back to change the existing stuff.

I can't find it now but IIRC there was a new one in one of the packs this year, unless it was dropped before it went live.

And if you play, say, a female Sith Warrior, you still get midriff tops and such dropped as mission rewards/loots, which is something they could change, or at least give you a choice of mission reward.

ETA there are a bunch of outfits like this one, where the male version and female version are lightyears apart. The male version of this is some pretty nice armor; the female version looks like she forgot to put a shirt on. https://torf.mmo-fashion.com/decorated-pummelers-mk-2-imp/

Edited by IoNonSoEVero

Why not give them some sort of male version? Both genders should be sexualized equally....they could make the bra into chains or ropes across the chest for male PCs/NPCs.

Exactly. Fair is fair- and I refuse to believe that in a galaxy far far away where thousands of alien species with thousands of aesthetic tastes and thousands of ideologies merge together that there wouldn't be a market for it.

This isn't planet Earth with one sentient species (which already happens to have a history of sexualizing women). This is a galaxy with tons and tons of cultures and people of all kinds. To say that only females are valued for aesthetic appeal is closed-minded, unimaginative and sexist to both men and women in multiple ways.

If you're going to go the route of allowing people to sexualize their characters like that at all (which Bioware already has, whether I or anyone else likes it or not), it should be available to everyone, or no one. I would have preferred that can of worms not been opened at all, but since it has, there is absolutely no excuse not to make slave outfits gender-neutral.

The technology to make them look different on men and women is already in the game, as evidenced by those armour sets that have cutouts on female characters. Really all that needs to be done is to apply that to the existing models so they look more appropriate for the men.

Edited by SourOrange

Are you saying you aren't at least a little curious to see Arcann in a slave girl costume? :p

Not in the slightest. It really isn't my view of sexy or attractive at all.

To each their own though.:rak_03:

Why not give them some sort of male version? Both genders should be sexualized equally....they could make the bra into chains or ropes across the chest for male PCs/NPCs.

I suppose they could, but I find those suits so abhorrent, I rather they did not. They're hideous for females and just as atrocious for males. By what I imagine them doing to it anyway.

Sexualising males is fine however, I just irk at the thought of anything slave suit.

Bold hellion and dramatic extrovert are sexualised for males, they're actually nice armor pieces. Slave suit for men just gets a big no ty!

Edited by Eshvara

I suppose they could, but I find those suits so abhorrent, I rather they did not. They're hideous for females and just as atrocious for males. By what I imagine them doing to it anyway.

Sexualising males is fine however, I just irk at the thought of anything slave suit.

Bold hellion and dramatic extrovert are sexualised for males, they're actually nice armor pieces. Slave suit for men just gets a big no ty!

I actually agree with you - I find them abhorrent myself. I wish outfits of that nature were not in the game at all, and it's one of the reasons I really wish they'd let us hide others' companions. And the fact that there's a slave costume that is considered sexy is also a whole 'nother level of wrong.

But if they are in the game - whether it's called slave or dancer or sensuous or whatever - IMHO it's wrong to only allow female companions/PCs to be exploited that way. And I feel like the armor should be the same for both genders - my female SW shouldn't be getting bikini tops as mission rewards when a male SW gets real armor.

Edited by IoNonSoEVero

I actually agree with you - I find them abhorrent myself. I wish outfits of that nature were not in the game at all, and it's one of the reasons I really wish they'd let us hide others' companions. And the fact that there's a slave costume that is considered sexy is also a whole 'nother level of wrong.

But if they are in the game - whether it's called slave or dancer or sensuous or whatever - IMHO it's wrong to only allow female companions/PCs to be exploited that way. And I feel like the armor should be the same for both genders - my female SW shouldn't be getting bikini tops as mission rewards when a male SW gets real armor.

Yeah I get what you're saying.:)

Edited by Eshvara

More Shoes, Specifically High Heeled boots.

- there should be a few armor sets designed with high heel boots , because there AREN'T any

Better head items, like Tiaras and such.

- yes , there are alot of helmets so some stylish Tiaras that don't look like tennis headbands are welcomeed

Long hairstyles

- YES .... please , yes .... i can't believe this game is a few good years old and there is only 1 long hairstyle

- long hair with volume

- long curly

- long wavy

- YES .... please , yes .... i can't believe this game is a few good years old and there is only 1 long hairstyle

- long hair with volume

- long curly

- long wavy

Clippety clip da clip clip. Sorry. Long hair is problematic in all games that have it because it clips like [REDACTED] on more or less any armour. Adding dynamic physics (rather than pre-scripted animations) to hair would fix that, but would punish weak computers. - the calculations are painful. (They aren't intellectually hard, just intensive.)

Clippety clip da clip clip. Sorry. Long hair is problematic in all games that have it because it clips like [REDACTED] on more or less any armour. Adding dynamic physics (rather than pre-scripted animations) to hair would fix that, but would punish weak computers. - the calculations are painful. (They aren't intellectually hard, just intensive.)

I'd be happy if they had the same hairstyle with the part of the other side. Lol :p

I play a Twi'lek for one of my characters, and while there are a few things that clip, they do a good job with most of the clothing - if they can figure that out and make my Twi'lek's lekku work, it's weird that they can't make it work better with long hair. I have noticed that the newer outfits seem to have fewer issues, so maybe it's something where they have updated the code as they have released newer armor.