Male Slave/ Dancer Outfit...for the 100th time

Dear Devs,

people have been asking for a male dancer/ slave outfit for years now.

If you are looking for cartel market suggestions that are profitable, this one definately will interest many players.

Here's the proof:

(These are only some threads, asking for a male dancer/ slave outfit...there are even more.)

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=488537

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=589757

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=477448

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=811007

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=533203

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=151130

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=665761

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=399911

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=241801

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=378544

I also want to point out, that a male dancer/ slave outfit was already promised at the Guild Summit in 2012.

So please, make it happen and finally keep your promise.

Oh and if you still don't know what people are talking about, this is what we are expecting and what it should look like:

(maybe + some jewelry for the upper arms)

http://sweet.pp.fi/quinn_imperialdancer.jpg

Edited by Avianatorsparkma

Equality for everyone!

They just dont want to deal with the rage from the loudly homophobic that have their manlyness threatoned by the assorted trolls who will run around with their male body Type 4 chars in them :p

Times have changed. Developers should please both male and female gamers with their eye candy. We aren't living in the mid 90's when the majority of gamers were male. I suspect many of the current developers still think gamers are primary male like they were back fifteen or twenty years ago. Personally, I don't have a problem with female gamers getting their eye candy.

I suggest BW remove the flaps from the female and male version of the slave dancer outfit if BW were to added a male version.

Times have changed. Developers should please both male and female gamers with their eye candy. We aren't living in the mid 90's when the majority of gamers were male. I suspect many of the current developers still think gamers are primary male like they were back fifteen or twenty years ago. Personally, I don't have a problem with female gamers getting their eye candy.

I suggest BW remove the flaps from the female and male version of the slave dancer outfit if BW were to added a male version.

Agreed to all. Youd think they would fall into the "Women love to clothes shop" trope and give us more to shop for...

I will happily await being able to put Quinn in a flapless dancer bottom in the new hottub deco we got in the latest pack... :D

Edited by XiamaraSimi

Agreed.

While its nice that they've begun making newer outfits usable by all genders, and while its nice that they've added a few more revealing options for male characters, there's still nothing a male toon can wear that quite equals the levels of skimpiness displayed by the female slave and dancer sets.

Edited by Jaryk

Well, there are several things male characters can wear on their bottoms: Darth Andedu, the trunks, Jori Daragon (or the other Daragon, assuming I'm spelling it right) and Ventilated Triumvirate (I believe). Combine one of those with the covert set (or maybe the Unfettered Trenchcoat) and the prisoner collar from Belsavis and you have a fine male slave outfit.

Bad enough I have to see lonely straight dudes dressing up their Mako's and Kiras in those ridiculous get-ups, now I gotta see Quinn and Pierce like that? No thanks. I'd rather see this game reclaim some dignity, rather than sacrifice any more.

• 1 month later...
Well, there are several things male characters can wear on their bottoms: Darth Andedu, the trunks, Jori Daragon (or the other Daragon, assuming I'm spelling it right) and Ventilated Triumvirate (I believe). Combine one of those with the covert set (or maybe the Unfettered Trenchcoat) and the prisoner collar from Belsavis and you have a fine male slave outfit.

Thanks for your efforts to offer a workaround. I know all the pieces you mentioned and what they look like. They are indeed "skimpy" but unfortunately they have nothing in common with the aesthetics and the elegance of the dancer and slave outfits. The front view of Jori Daragon's Loincloth for example actually looks really scary, since it makes male characters look like a bulgeless Ken doll. The dancer and slave outfits offer some more cloth to cover this scary looking part. Moreover there are these lovingly made details like jewelry which add a touch of luxurious and classy elegance. None of your offered workarounds even comes close to this. It`s not about just wearing skimpy armour, it's about offering a tasteful and harmonious looking typical dancer/ slave outfit for male characters too.

But still I want to thank you again for taking your time and for at least trying to offer some workarounds.

Bad enough I have to see lonely straight dudes dressing up their Mako's and Kiras in those ridiculous get-ups, now I gotta see Quinn and Pierce like that? No thanks. I'd rather see this game reclaim some dignity, rather than sacrifice any more.

Oh so much hate in this post. We got it, you don't want to see skimpy dressed males and thats why every other player has to accept a subordinate role to you. This game is about what you want and everyone has to stick with it.

But it's not working like that, different players have different tastes and everyone should be free to customize their characters and companions the way they want. The opinion of player A should not be something that prevents Player B from dressing her/ his characters and companions the way she/ he wants.

Right now the game only allows female characters to be dressed in dancer/ slave outfits.

Offering this armour to male characters too, would just ensure equal rights and that has nothing to do with sacrificing dignity. But equal rights for all don't seem to be your thing at all...since your opinion clearly shows that you expect your taste in dressing characters and companions to be the one and only acceptable taste for every player in this game...which is hilarious.

So please don't get me wrong. Your opinion is as important as mine. You don't like it...ok. No one is forcing you to use a male dancer/ slave outfit on your companions or alts. But that's it. The fact that you don't have to use it is fair enough, bringing the invalid argument that you even don't wanna see it on other players is not fair at all. So please stop trying to force your opinion on other players, cause this is what you actually do by trying to prevent these outfits to be implemented and even calling it a sacrafice of dignity.

There are so many threads asking for a male dancer/ slave outfit, so there are abviously a lot of players that would love to have these outfits for male characters too. Fashion tastes are different, it always has been like that but every taste should be allowed even if some players like you don't have the tolerance to simply accept the fashion taste of other players.

And actually a male dancer/ slave outfit was already promised 4 years ago. It definitely is time to keep that promise finally.

If you like it or not...a well designed and aesthetical typical looking dancer/ slave outfit for males would be like a jackpot for the cartel markets financial profit. (The proove for this are all the many threads asking for it.)

Thanks for your efforts to offer a workaround. I know all the pieces you mentioned and what they look like. They are indeed "skimpy" but unfortunately they have nothing in common with the aesthetics and the elegance of the dancer and slave outfits. The front view of Jori Daragon's Loincloth for example actually looks really scary, since it makes male characters look like a bulgeless Ken doll. The dancer and slave outfits offer some more cloth to cover this scary looking part. Moreover there are these lovingly made details like jewelry which add a touch of luxurious and classy elegance. None of your offered workarounds even comes close to this. It`s not about just wearing skimpy armour, it's about offering a tasteful and harmonious looking typical dancer/ slave outfit for male characters too.

But still I want to thank you again for taking your time and for at least trying to offer some workarounds.

This is a good point. I would like to add to it by mentioning my favorite piece of the aesthetics of the slave and dancer outfits: Pants that do not have some sort of default belt or waist piece attached.

This is a feature entirely unique to this handful of female exclusive armor sets.

Every other armor set in the game has pants with a default waist piece. If the character equips the full armor set, they show the piece of armor that goes in the waist equipment slot, if they take that piece of equipment off or replace it with the equivalent covert energy piece, the character shows the default waist piece attached to the pants.

The slave and dancer sets will show the lower abdomen with no waist piece equipped, and will show one of the more uniquely designed waist pieces in the game when those slave and dancer sets that do have belts equip those.

I much prefer this approach to armor design, and would like to see at least a few sets like it for male characters. Not just because it shows more skin, but more importantly, because it allows greater freedom in putting together looks with the outfit designer. I have noticed a good number of clipping issues caused by mixing a pants piece's default waist appearance with the rest of the outfit that I'm trying to design.

Oh so much hate in this post. We got it, you don't want to see skimpy dressed males and thats why every other player has to accept a subordinate role to you. This game is about what you want and everyone has to stick with it.

But it's not working like that, different players have different tastes and everyone should be free to customize their characters and companions the way they want. The opinion of player A should not be something that prevents Player B from dressing her/ his characters and companions the way she/ he wants.

Right now the game only allows female characters to be dressed in dancer/ slave outfits.

Offering this armour to male characters too, would just ensure equal rights and that has nothing to do with sacrificing dignity.

This is something that I also agree with.

I would, however, be completely fine if the developers decided to stop making skimpy armor altogether. Provided that they first equalize the skimpiness by making male slave and dancer outfits to match the female ones.

Once all characters have equally revealing outfit options, I wouldn't complain at all if the devs decided to move on and never make a skimpy outfit again.

And actually a male dancer/ slave outfit was already promised 4 years ago. It definitely is time to keep that promise finally.

If you like it or not...a well designed and aesthetical typical looking dancer/ slave outfit for males would be like a jackpot for the cartel markets financial profit. (The proove for this are all the many threads asking for it.)

I never spend cartel coins on the cartel market. I only use them to unlock things in the collections tab.

If a male slave or dancer outfit went up on the market, I would buy it immediately.

I would like a dancer outfit that males can wear, too. Those sandals . . . I covet them for my (male) Assassin. The other "sandals" in the game are glorified foot wraps that look cobbled together out of various scraps, but the dancer ones look like proper sandals that are lightweight and elegant looking. They look great under robes and I love them on my girls.

Basically, I'd love to see them release a new dancer outfit that both genders can wear, preferably with "no belt" bottoms and tweaked slightly for the females so it wouldn't be exactly the same as the current ones. I've seen NPC dancers that have matching bracers too, and I'd like to see those included, as well as one of those fancy little belts like a couple of the dancer type outfits that came in CM packs had.

Edited by Gwena

Absolutely, gender restrictions should be removed from all equipment.

It's not just stopping men from wearing dresses, it blocks women from wearing some pants suits, too!

Ambitious warrior chest piece for some reason refuses to have sleeves or cover belly button on female character. Why?? Nobody knows. Just have separate version for the skimpy version please, I'd like to have a normal hoodie on my lady Jedi instead of whatever this crop-top-hoodie with random belts on bare arms is supposed to be.

So yeah, disliking these gender differences. ++ for gender equal clothing, including the dancer outfit :p

Edited by Kiesu

• 7 months later...
That's true. It's kind of irritating that there is easily purchased and cheap slave girl outfits for all your sexually objectifying (of women) desires, but not any similarly humiliating/objectifying slave boy outfits. Come on, BW. You're all about the gay romances in the expansion content. How about some gender equality where humiliating objectification is concerned, huh? If you're not going to remove the slave girl outfits (and I'm not saying you should; people would throw a fit), then you owe it to gender equality to provide an as easily accessible male-only option. (And it needs to actually look like it's designed for males. Don't just allow men to wear the women's version because obviously slave boys would not wear bras. The pic linked in the first post is definitely the right idea.) Edited by MollyDresden

• 3 weeks later...
I don't see why they can't just remove the gender flag on the current slave/dancer outfits. While I'm not one for slapping the glorified bikini on my characters, the dancer gloves are the only thing I've found in game so far that looks like bare hands with blingy rings. For my Sith and Smugglers, I'd like to be able to flaunt my male characters wealth like I do on my female characters with the gloves.

They probably don't put it in because there's no armor involved if you look at the male Twi'lek dancer from cartel certificate vendor he doesn't wear a shirt just pants and boots. Just take off you shirt, gloves, bracers and helmet(optional as this could increase value in dancing with a bit of mystery) and boom you a male dancer for those ladies and guys.

The male Twi'lek dancer hasn't always been male. It once was a female dancer but the defs changed that ( though only in the imp side cartel bazaar) since people complained about the lack of male "eyecandy" and also about gender discrimination. As you already described they did it in a very poor way...they just put some simple pants on a male bare chested Twi'lek. Later that lazy and unimaginative clothed Twi'lek became the model for the Twi'lek dancer decoration.

But the cheap outfit that Twi'lek dancer is wearing has absolutely nothing to do with the outfit people have been asking for in all those years. We are asking for a male version of the female dancer outfit...just without the bra.

It's about elegance and aesthetics. It's about an outfit that has no ugly belt attached to it. It's about those jewelry and those iconic oriental like looks. It's about an outfit beeing revealing but still having so many lovely, beautiful and luxury details.

The female dancer outfits would work perfectly for male dancers/ characters as well, if you simply take away the bra.

Some simple boring pants + a bare chest however is definitely not what people have been asking for in all those threads over so many years...that's just lazy and cheap and not tasteful at all.

• 9 months later...

I just have to point out again that there is money to earn and a promise to keep.

This is such an ancient request...I really wonder why this is constantly ignored for so many years now.

Q: type 4 sith, he want an equivalent male slave outfit. A: its coming

This is from the Q /A of the RP discussion part of the 2012 guild summit.

The whole summary including this promise can be found on:

http://dulfy.net/2012/03/05/swtor-guild-summitlive-blogging/

We already have been waiting 5 long years for this promise to come true.

It's just a Cartel Market Outfit and not rocket science...what's taking you so long guys?;)

I do hope they make some skimpy outfits for the men. I just don't want to see a Type 4 male body with the current dancer's outfit holding up his flabby chest. (If you want to dress your guys that way, feel free.) Anyway, some nice muscle shirts, short shorts, and as a previous poster said, lots of "bling rings" as gloves. Some of our male companions must spend hours at the gym, let them show it off. Edited by Xina_LA