BH are essentially worthless in pvp

gattiman

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here they are not that i was able to get an example with such short notice but being that im posting screens and verifying everything else ive said it should garner me the benefit of the doubt.

First my pvp record

http://i380.photobucket.com/albums/oo247/gatti-man/Screenshot_2012-04-23_21_21_05_686671.jpg

This is best case scenario meaning im in the middle and that is where the fight is with no healers and not so great team.

http://i380.photobucket.com/albums/oo247/gatti-man/Screenshot_2012-04-23_20_27_33_315933.jpg

This is playing with a geared opponent and the caps moving all over the map the Bh disadvantage and sorc/sage advantage comes clear here. Not in the extreme high case but look at the difference in output vs others. Now times that by 1.8 or so to get me at 300k that is what their dps will look like around 400-450k. If i get 370 they will score 500-600k.

http://i380.photobucket.com/albums/oo247/gatti-man/Screenshot_2012-04-23_21_19_48_059230.jpg

wow, ahahahahaha. youre serious with this stuff? not just trying to be a funny guy?

1) youre overall pvp stats dont mean anything. you could have played 200 games and only won 87. those stats are just for show, they have no real value.

2) your best case scenario is only 293k damage in a warzone where the opposing team had a healer put up 350k healing? cmon man, be serious.

3) you can only hit 150k damage against geared opponents, where both sides had only ~150k healing? nobody in the warzone broke 300k. i thought there were sorcs and maras pulling 450k+ EVERY WARZONE on kellers void? cmon, you really just have to be pulling my leg here. we just spent 30 pages listening to you tell us you were good and your server had a ton of pro pvpers. this is the best you can do?

so you really are just bad, eh?

ps: you have a massive lack of keybinds on your UI. please tell me youre a clicker?

Edited by cashogy

I'm so tired of seeing the "L2P" or "You're bad!" posts on these forums.

Discuss the issues or don't post. There's no point in calling someone bad at the game any more than there is in telling him/her that you're good at the game. No one has any way of verifying these statements, and even if someone did it wouldn't make anyone's posts more or less valuable.

i have discussed the issue, in extensive length, in this thread and in others. you just chose to take one small thing i posted and quote it out of context.

but there is nothing wrong with merc. the class has very simple mechanics, if someone cant figure those out and succeed then theyre probably bad at swtor.

Look I meant best case scenario as in all the action stayed in the middle. I thought that was easy to understand.

Second the entire top row is bound to my razer naga mouse which I also said before.

200 games in a week? Haha ok that's like 80-100 hours played that ridiculous use your head. Also look at everyone else in that chart I posted its like you are trying on purpose to be thick.

Omg here we go with the pro pvpers. I had time to log 5 games tonight one of which had one of the players I was speaking of and he got substantially more dps than everyone else. You know why the numbers were low its because everyone spent most of the time running around as opposed to healer augmented dpsing. If you can't pull simple conclusions from obvious numbers I'm done trying to convince you.

wow, ahahahahaha. youre serious with this stuff? not just trying to be a funny guy?

1) youre overall pvp stats dont mean anything. you could have played 200 games and only won 87. those stats are just for show, they have no real value.

2) your best case scenario is only 293k damage in a warzone where the opposing team had a healer put up 350k healing? cmon man, be serious.

3) you can only hit 150k damage against geared opponents, where both sides had only ~150k healing? nobody in the warzone broke 300k. i thought there were sorcs and maras pulling 450k+ EVERY WARZONE on kellers void? cmon, you really just have to be pulling my leg here. we just spent 30 pages listening to you tell us you were good and your server had a ton of pro pvpers. this is the best you can do?

so you really are just bad, eh?

ps: you have a massive lack of keybinds on your UI. please tell me youre a clicker?

Edited by gattiman

You want proof look at this

http://www.rakatamindprisonranks.com/wz_totals.php

Compare merc averages on the old maps vs the 1.2 map. See how the average ranks for merc are way higher then 1.2 comes out suddenly merc dps avg is in the floor. Its right in front of you solid proof. Look at that sage dps 49k higher than the others. Hard proof. All the while mercs have crap utility to boot. You are wrong thanks for playing.

Edited by gattiman

i have discussed the issue, in extensive length, in this thread and in others. you just chose to take one small thing i posted and quote it out of context.

but there is nothing wrong with merc. the class has very simple mechanics, if someone cant figure those out and succeed then theyre probably bad at swtor.

If any other class is good at figuring out simple mechanics than the merc can be easily made the worst class in a warzone. Merc is the easiest class to crush.

I just want the class to be made more complex. I'm not railing for tracer missile to be changed back to its 4000 damage glory days lol

If your planning on using a merc in your 8 man rated, you will suck. No serious pvp team on my server wants a merc in 8 man's. The rally cry is "change to healer, and then we'll talk"

Edited by williambr

Compare merc averages on the old maps vs the 1.2 map. See how the average ranks for merc are way higher then 1.2 comes out suddenly merc dps avg is in the floor. Its right in front of you solid proof. Look at that sage dps 49k higher than the others. Hard proof. All the while mercs have crap utility to boot. You are wrong thanks for playing.

Merc dps is almost always top 3 in the WZ's I play.

This seems pretty anecdotal to me, no offense. Merc rankings in damage cover 5th, 6th, 7th, and 8th across all of those WZs.

You just can't make any reliable conclusions from this chart. Otherwise we could draw all kinds of fun conclusions along your same vein of thinking. For instance, apparently commandos are in need of a huge buff because Mercenaries way out DPS them. In fact the damage difference is almost the same between Mercs and sorcs!

There are too many uncontrolled variables for this data to be used the way you are using it. You would need data across all servers to make any kind of good judgement on balance.

Edited by Scoobings

Look I meant best case scenario as in all the action stayed in the middle. I thought that was easy to understand.

Second the entire top row is bound to my razer naga mouse which I also said before.

200 games in a week? Haha ok that's like 80-100 hours played that ridiculous use your head. Also look at everyone else in that chart I posted its like you are trying on purpose to be thick.

Omg here we go with the pro pvpers. I had time to log 5 games tonight one of which had one of the players I was speaking of and he got substantially more dps than everyone else. You know why the numbers were low its because everyone spent most of the time running around as opposed to healer augmented dpsing. If you can't pull simple conclusions from obvious numbers I'm done trying to convince you.

the first screenshot, of your civil war loss, had you at 293k damage AND an opposing healer with 350k healing done. youre damage didnt get padded at all, nope, no sir ;)

the second screenshot had no healers, yet nobody came close to 300k damage? you said like 50 times in this thread that kellers void had maras and sorcs that put up 450k+ damage every warzone. i dont see that in either of your screenshots.

i told you what i could do, and i backed it up with screenshots. youre failing pretty hard at supporting your claims right now.........

and you still didnt answer if youre a clicker or not. the serious lack of keybinds leads me to believe you are.......

Every class has its strengths. Sorcs are a Jack of all trades and a master of all trades besides guard. Mar/jug put out great dps and have speed moves, strong knockbacks and interrupts both excel in huttball. Ops are the best healers in the game and can essentially take down a target at will before being focus fired where do bounty hunters (especially Mercs) fit in to pvp? Ever since 1.2 our damage has been reduced, our surviveability is a joke and we have no abilities to really hang our hat on. We have no cloak, speed, or closing ability for huttball, no interrupts for 1v1 and our dps is middle of the pack to bottom. I'm lvl 75 valor was bm before the valor buff and I can tell you the longer I play merc the more I realize bioware has totally screwed this class to pieces.

Someone tell me maybe I suck but ive been watching since 1.2 and I've been out dps'd as a merc twice in about 600 games id wager. We suck at pvp. If we are so easy to kill why don't we put out better dps? Give the class something if not dps. It seems to be widely known since I'm the only BH on Keller's void wearing war hero it seems. The class is garbage fix it bioware.

While there is no point to take a Powertech when there is a Marauder or assassin to choose from, and you should always take an OPS healer when you have the option over a merc healer, Mercs and PT's are far from useless.

Stop exagerating so much, as it makes you look stupid. Powertechs still put out the best burst in game; the only issue is they are very squishy, and have almost no utility aside from taunt (not guard, because Shield tech is useless in Pvp) and grapple. Assassins have both taunt and grapple (plus guard) in addtion to a lot of other utility.

So again, while they are indeed better options for optimal classes/comps, BH's aren't useless.

the first screenshot, of your civil war loss, had you at 293k damage AND an opposing healer with 350k healing done. youre damage didnt get padded at all, nope, no sir ;)

the second screenshot had no healers, yet nobody came close to 300k damage? you said like 50 times in this thread that kellers void had maras and sorcs that put up 450k+ damage every warzone. i dont see that in either of your screenshots.

i told you what i could do, and i backed it up with screenshots. youre failing pretty hard at supporting your claims right now.........

and you still didnt answer if youre a clicker or not. the serious lack of keybinds leads me to believe you are.......

He did answer that, he said that his mouse has bindings and those buttons are bound to his mouse buttons

I'm not crap. I bust my *** to dps but its plainly obvious when sorcs ops and maur can all do far above 300k dps and post 1.2 that is essentially the dps ceiling for bh.

What I'm trying to say is two good sorcs or Mar/juggs can win a game. Bh never. We can't elevate our games the best bounty hunters are still second or third best consistently on all maps.

I top damage as a Sorc in PvP all the time, and guess what? It's a lie. Sure the I'm at the top of the board for damage but its not real damage. Its fluff cakes from DoTs that don't hurt and lightning that is just annoying (this pertains to regular lightning and force storm). So don't go bringing sorcs into this. Any class being honest will tell you that they would rather bring anything other than a DPS Sorcerer, if given the choice. Our new job is to sit on the turret that no one attacks.

Tough to say. I don't play a Merc, but I do play a Powertech (tank as well as pyro), and the only two things I really have going for me is my grapple and my semi-reliable slow. However, there's always been a few things that I've been able to do that my juggernaut couldn't, and that's to fight at range on the move while using the environment to my advantage. I can get a longer up-time on healers or ball carriers by being ranged. There's only one ability that I have that's interruptable, so... I understand that this is a tough option for you.

However, I do see good Mercs out there. Maybe you're not choosing your fights properly *shrug*.

Only class without an interrupt. How the hell did that happen? No, seriously all the other healing classes have one, tank classes, DPS class, but nothing for merc/commando.

We were viable before 1.2 but now we just suck and I get told as much in WZ now. The nerf wasn't needed and if spaming is the problem add a few skills, like an interrupt.

Resource management is horrible for merc/commandos. Sages/Scors never run out of force in wz and can spam hits and heals like crazy. It's how the hybrids get so high damage and healing numbers, they don't have to pace themselves or do a basic hit due to lack of resources.

The class is broken and needs to be fixed. It is currently not fun and not fun games don't get played and certainly don't get paid to play.

im gonna go a different way here, since trolling you guys is getting boring.

if, and thats a big if, BH and in particular the Mercenary AC is underperforming in comparison to other classes, what do you suggest be done to improve Mercenary's skill trees?

im gonna go a different way here, since trolling you guys is getting boring.

if, and thats a big if, BH and in particular the Mercenary AC is underperforming in comparison to other classes, what do you suggest be done to improve Mercenary's skill trees?

Watch this video. Spells it out far better than i ever could. Bioware just screwed the pooch. Every game I play reinforces how broken the balance is of pvp at the moment. Its absolutely terrible.

Mercs are not bad in pvp at all. I play a DPS merc and dropped 567k in 13 minutes yesterday (i.e., after the 1.2 "nerf") If you cant do good damage make sure youre not specced into the pyrotech tree...its worthless.

Dude you already got owned with that example in another thread quit trolling. Anyone can post high numbers in a healer match with no deaths or mobility required. You only killed 14 people with all that damage which is frankly pathetic. This thread isn't about that it is about the competitive ability of the BH class specifically the merc AC which is worthless. Regardless of what you say the AC of merc IS crap in 3 out of 4 wz's based on our lack of utility and barely is worth something in voidstar. Won 7/8 matches today again before the baddy comments come out. It really makes you the baddy to be so blind. Can't wait for cross server and ranked wz so you can play a real team abusing the lack of balance in pvp.

Edited by gattiman

While there is no point to take a Powertech when there is a Marauder or assassin to choose from, and you should always take an OPS healer when you have the option over a merc healer, Mercs and PT's are far from useless.

Stop exagerating so much, as it makes you look stupid. Powertechs still put out the best burst in game; the only issue is they are very squishy, and have almost no utility aside from taunt (not guard, because Shield tech is useless in Pvp) and grapple. Assassins have both taunt and grapple (plus guard) in addtion to a lot of other utility.

So again, while they are indeed better options for optimal classes/comps, BH's aren't useless.

Yes they are useless. If you play a team of skilled players in the right classes you will get stomped hard. Lol at powertechs having the best burst the would be ops. Oh you mean mercs well wrong again our burst post 1.2c is zero. Look at McCloud. Posted 560k damage and killed 14 people? That's a sad joke.

No I'm not a clicker. That was my 2nd day using Pyro the entire top row is bound to a naga mouse. Now the 2nd row is getting binds as i get accustomed to the new build.

They do. They consistently output more damage than anyone else by far. I have several more grabs from today all with sorcs and Mars as top dps by a wide margin. With the healer nerf it takes specific situations for people to get super large dps now.