55 bolster and good players

sirullrich

I went through the recruit grind and got pawned majority of the time. This is where I learned to play my class. The more I played and with each piece of gear there was sense of accomplishment. My numbers got better with each piece so it made me want to grind the gear.

I am 55 with 2 pieces of new gear. (conq. main and part. offhand) I have 25k hp and I'm healing for over a mil constantly. I understand the argument for skill>gear, but what do I have to play for at this point. If I don't really need the gear to heal more than majority of all players. I don't even want to play because there is no reason. I don't need gear, no cross server queues, only 4-6 teams in rateds on any server, still preseason, etc....

To all of you good players out there what is making this game fun for you now?

Bolster is the best ting ever that has happened to good players

o There is indeed hidden matchmaking in this game

o Good players with high wins/pvp rating/mvp votes always gets pair up with the absolute trash of the server on their side

o Now that trash comes at least Bolstered, because before they weren't smart enough to even use the free recruit gear

I MF'ing love bolster, because it help out the terribads I always get on my side in a warzone. 2.0 is the best for this reason ALONE.

Talented and good players will just get in max gear quickly, and destroy other players on talent alone. Talented players are nothing to fear from bads being bolstered, and I MF'er love it that the ultra bads I get grouped with because of the SWTOR matchmaking now come bolstered.

Edited by KettleBelll

Honestly, I still can find quite a few good players, indeed. The way they play, their rotation and moves, it's quite easy to notice who was a good player and still is.

But also I noticed that quite a HUGE number of member from "PRO" pvp guilds, are actually bad players that were hiding behind their gear: no mechanics, just running around using their simple or hardest damage attacks, no rotation at all.

Putting it bluntly: all the cries for abolishing this new bolster system, are coming from bad players that lost their gear advantage,

If you were having fun prior patch 2.0, of course you can still have more. But if all your work and goals were focused in getting ultimate gear so you could stomp low geared players... well pal, those days are long gone.

Edited by zorroazul

Honestly, I still can find quite a few good players, indeed. The way they play, their rotation and moves, it's quite easy to notice who was a good player and still is.

But also I noticed that quite a HUGE number of member from "PRO" pvp guilds, are actually bad players that were hiding behind their gear: no mechanics, just running around using their simple or hardest damage attacks, no rotation at all.

Putting it bluntly: all the cries for abolishing this new bolster system, are coming from bad players that lost their gear advantage,

If you were having fun prior patch 2.0, of course you can still have more. But if all your work and goals were focused in getting ultimate gear so you could stomp low geared players... well pal, those days are long gone.

Dude you need to learn to read. I said I am still dominating with no fking gear. I said if I don't have to get gear and still dominating what is the purpose for high end pvp. Second instead of saying guilds that use to be good are bad now why don't you call them out. I can say the same bad players used gear as a reason for not being as good as geared people, but I pwn them harder because of Bolster! My question was what is our goal now for high end pvp?

I went through the recruit grind and got pawned majority of the time. This is where I learned to play my class. The more I played and with each piece of gear there was sense of accomplishment. My numbers got better with each piece so it made me want to grind the gear.

I am 55 with 2 pieces of new gear. (conq. main and part. offhand) I have 25k hp and I'm healing for over a mil constantly. I understand the argument for skill>gear, but what do I have to play for at this point. If I don't really need the gear to heal more than majority of all players. I don't even want to play because there is no reason. I don't need gear, no cross server queues, only 4-6 teams in rateds on any server, still preseason, etc....

To all of you good players out there what is making this game fun for you now?

That's fine that you're still owning with the starter kit pvp gear, must mean you know your class well. Why would you think you don't need the gear? I'm thinking your servers ranked teams suck? or everyone sucks but you and a few others?

You WILL need the gear for ranked. Skill+Gear > Skill alone.

I PVP the same whether I'm maxed out or not. I PVP for the heck of it.

-Seeng

That's fine that you're still owning with the starter kit pvp gear, must mean you know your class well. Why would you think you don't need the gear? I'm thinking your servers ranked teams suck? or everyone sucks but you and a few others?

You WILL need the gear for ranked. Skill+Gear > Skill alone.

I PVP the same whether I'm maxed out or not. I PVP for the heck of it.

-Seeng

Im from two of the best pvp servers in this game. POT5 AND BASTION!

i admit i'm having more fun than before, i was WH/EWH geared but i don't mind, i get my ssatifaction from pvping and seeing the other team dpsing me and leaving the terribads alone to do something useful like learning to play the objective

i admit i'm having more fun than before, i was WH/EWH geared but i don't mind, i get my ssatifaction from pvping and seeing the other team dpsing me and leaving the terribads alone to do something useful like learning to play the objective

That's exactly my point, pal! Sure, all our WH/EWH went outdated and a new grind came out, which apparently, many doesn't find enticing to get it. Though the main point remains: rather than farming new gear, isn't pvp supposed to be fun? Rather than just follow a new carrot & stick?

Edited by zorroazul