a few ideas, let me know what you think...

SliderJ

OK, having played SWTOR for a few weeks now and as someone who has been in the games industry at a high level I offer these ideas, they should add something to the gameplay and make it a bit more fun! It’s a little long but please have a look and tell me what you think…

1) Game killing bugs… firstly and fore mostly, get rid of these. The graphics are very good, just get it working and you’ll be fine. Things like “the stutter” where it feels like you’re playing the game under a strobe light need a lot of attention. I know you’re trying to fix them and it’s a long drawn out affair as the bug has to be re-created, analysed then removed.

2) OK now that’s fixed and out of the way, GTN… great, love the fact the searching has got a lot better but how about hooking up all the game servers to ONE GTN server? That way you can sell to EVERYONE that plays in your faction on all game servers, this will make the markets a LOT bigger and create a massive and more stable market, Players will be able to sell goods quicker and they’ll also be able to have more luck finding rarer items in it too

3) Still on the GTN, how about putting in an ORDERS/Requests section to it… I may want to buy 20 green level 5 colour crystals but they are none being sold. With an orders section I can place an order, put down the amount of money I want to pay for it, then other players can then look at the orders and if the price is right put down the goods and get the credits… you get your goods, they get the money… it would also be good for the people who watch the GTN to find out what items are most in need! Play the markets, as it were.

4) Schematics… more please! Especially at lower levels, and please put something there to identify wether I already know it or not

5) Appearance… what would be very nice and would be a bit of work to do but…put a few effects on a player related to their equipment, maybe a soft glow for any equipment with force armour mod or a crackle of electric for something with critical chip mods or combine the effects to give the overall effect (all force style mods on an item has a strong glow over the equipment, were as a mix of types would give weak effects from each mod) this could also be applied to your ship too, if it had varying types of mods!

6) Kill incentives, if you kill so many (for example)”sand people” maybe they could drop trinkets that you can hand it to somewhere to get items like pets or speeder paint jobs or adaptive armour (with no mods in) or trophies… you could have a trophy cabinet and leader boards!

7) But where would you put your trophies? A home of your own?... but you already have one, your ship… make your ship editable in some way so you can customise the look of it internally! Maybe even put in some hard earned trophies! ;)

I think all these would add to the game play and maybe add a little something to it, kind of make your character more YOURS if you know what I mean, because you’ve customised it and made it more “you”

OK, I’m standing back, you may open fire on my ideas!