Converting Daily Commendations to Black Hole Commendations

Aikon

Note: I'm not sure if this has been suggested before. Would it be possible to allow us to trade Daily Commendations for Black Hole Commendations, say 20 or 25 Daily Comms for 1 Black Hole Comm? The reason I am suggesting this is that for some people whom do not or very rarely do ops or HM ops, but are capable of running dailies, have quite a few Daily Comms that wouldn't benefit us if we bought an item with them.

By allowing us, "solo'ers", to convert Daily Comms to Black Hole Comms it'd help us acquire better PvE gear without having to run a HM ops or worry about grouping with a "PuG" (Pick-up Group) that could end up being a disaster (I've experienced some really bad PuGs!).

It is true that with the right people acquiring Black Hole Comms is already "easy", but some of us prefer to solo or just rather not risk doing a PuG with other players. If anything i think this would allow people that like to solo to acquire Black Hole gear over time. A long amount of time, but still doable.

20 or 25 Daily Comms = 1 Black Hole Comm. Thoughts?

Edited by Aikon

Seriously? I doubt it...

Doing a daily HM gives 5 BH comms per day. That's ONE Hardmode Flashpoint. In my experience, finding groups using the group finder is simply not that hard. And yes, I've had some bad PUGs, but for the most part they haven't been that bad. Most of the people have been friendly; only very rarely has someone been either mean or nasty, or just plain incompetent.

Yes, I know you said you like to do things solo, and I'm one of them. Almost all my characters got to level 50 with no social points. That said, the only one of my characters that has anywhere near to significant social points is my Sorcerer, who is my main character for doing ops, and she was maxxed on SP quite a while ago. So, yes, I do understand what it is to play solo. When leveling an alt, I'd rather just go on through doing missions for XP rather than try to get a group (after Black Talon). But, truly, you will not dry up and blow away if you find it necessary to group with people for long enough to do one of the Tier 1 HMs. Just be polite, friendly and do your best. No one can fault you for that.

I like the idea and have suggested it before. There's comes a point where the stuff you can get from the regular dailies is obsolete (unless you want to gear up the companions you never use anyways) so converting them to something useful would be nice.

Seriously? I doubt it...

Doing a daily HM gives 5 BH comms per day. That's ONE Hardmode Flashpoint. In my experience, finding groups using the group finder is simply not that hard. And yes, I've had some bad PUGs, but for the most part they haven't been that bad. Most of the people have been friendly; only very rarely has someone been either mean or nasty, or just plain incompetent.

Yes, I know you said you like to do things solo, and I'm one of them. Almost all my characters got to level 50 with no social points. That said, the only one of my characters that has anywhere near to significant social points is my Sorcerer, who is my main character for doing ops, and she was maxxed on SP quite a while ago. So, yes, I do understand what it is to play solo. When leveling an alt, I'd rather just go on through doing missions for XP rather than try to get a group (after Black Talon). But, truly, you will not dry up and blow away if you find it necessary to group with people for long enough to do one of the Tier 1 HMs. Just be polite, friendly and do your best. No one can fault you for that.

I actually don't mind grouping up, myself. However, for myself, there has been the occasional PuG where things just don't work out. I'm sure it varies from person to person though, and I think having the option to convert Daily Comms to Black Hole Comms at a fair amount would be nice. I'm not against groups, but I am for having various ways to gain Black Hole Comms. Trading Daily Comms for Black Hole Comms would give "solo'ers" a chance to acquire Black Hole gear, even if it's a slow rate.

My problem is that I play in "off" hours. The people that I was playing with are gone and the planets, fleet, queues are mostly empty. I would love to be able to convert Dailies to BH.

Didn't even think about people whom play off hours, but definitely another population of players that would benefit from this. Is this something being considered, Devs? Somewhere on that never-ending "to do" list? ;)