Canon ten most powerful Jedi and Sith.

Rayla_Felana

Seeing so much Caedus mention only reminds me how much i hated the terrible power creep of the later series.

It was almost like they couldnt figure out a way to make him a good character, so they just started throwing powers on him to see what stuck.

Walk through time, yeah sure why not. Shatterpoint? Didnt we establish that was rare and innate? Nope, screw it he can do that too.

Self healing, makes himself invisible in the force, can beat up well established characters out of nowhere.

Seriously, re-reading and looking over Jacens list is like reading a very bad star wars fanfic mary sue out of control. Like roleplaying with someone who keeps trying to one up everything else.

"Yeah...well...he can make himself invisible in the force so they cant sense him."

"ok, but when they get into a fight Mara will give him trouble since she is a trained and vicious combatant..."

"Nope, i kill her. Then i beat up Master Luke for a bit...also im so dark and no one understands me"

"ok...im going home"

Given this power creep has only gotten worse and is not relegated soley to him. But he was the worst offender and had me stop reading the series. Silly New Jedi Order...

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seeing so much Caedus mention only reminds me how much i hated the terrible power creep of the later series.

It was almost like they couldnt figure out a way to make him a good character, so they just started throwing powers on him to see what stuck.

Walk through time, yeah sure why not. Shatterpoint? Didnt we establish that was rare and innate? Nope, screw it he can do that too.

Self healing, makes himself invisible in the force, can beat up well established characters out of nowhere.

Seriously, re-reading and looking over Jacens list is like reading a very bad star wars fanfic mary sue out of control. Like roleplaying with someone who keeps trying to one up everything else.

"Yeah...well...he can make himself invisible in the force so they cant sense him."

"ok, but when they get into a fight Mara will give him trouble since she is a trained and vicious combatant..."

"Nope, i kill her. Then i beat up Master Luke for a bit...also im so dark and no one understands me"

"ok...im going home"

Given this power creep has only gotten worse and is not relegated soley to him. But he was the worst offender and had me stop reading the series. Silly New Jedi Order...

This thread isn't Top 10 of Characters you like, its Top 10 Most Powerful Characters in Canon.

Edited by BrandonSM

This thread isn't Top 10 of Characters you like, its Top 10 Most Powerful Characters in Canon.

Then perhaps i did not clarify my post.

I used Caedus as an example, but my main problem is the near retarded levels of power creep that pushed along the series.

It essentially means the top 5 are without a doubt New Jedi Order(as they are the most recent written and have such random accomplishments like killing a near god of the force, etc) while everyone else trickles downward and back to older novels.

This power creep has made things unbearable. Combined with Lucas and his "you cant kill Luke" setup, means such things tend to follow a trend i do not find favor with anymore. The most powerful anything is just going to be the most recently written hero of the series. Jacen was Uber, then he died, and suddenly Luke had to go kill himself a dark side god/powerhouse so now hes top dog again(and i suppose Krayt now is the strongest darkside user?).

I only have a few on my list so here we go.

Jedi-

1. Kyp Durron- apparently he is a beast with power close to Luke

2. Mara Jade- Former Emperor's Hand and poweful Jedi Master. Plus she's hot! (Yes I said that:D)

3. Kyle Katarn- He is a respected master, but I don't know much about him. Could anyone recommend a book with Kyle doing awesome stuff in it?

Sith-

1. Vitiate- Immortal, but through rituals

2. Nihilus- Almost single handedly destroyed the order. One of very few Sith to accomplish this.

3. Exar Kun- Took the entire Jedi Order to take him down. Then he comes back and puts Luke in a coma.

I only have a few on my list so here we go.

3. Kyle Katarn- He is a respected master, but I don't know much about him. Could anyone recommend a book with Kyle doing awesome stuff in it?

Kyle is as famous as he is due to the Game he starred in, "Dark Forces" or something like that.

He isn't a main character in NJO but he is frequently involved in the events. And in the NJO Series he becomes Battlemaster.

He hasn't really been in anything where he is a main character. But he is in allot of books that The NJO is greatly involved in, like Swamp War and Dark Nest..

Kyle is as famous as he is due to the Game he starred in, "Dark Forces" or something like that.

He isn't a main character in NJO but he is frequently involved in the events. And in the NJO Series he becomes Battlemaster.

He hasn't really been in anything where he is a main character. But he is in allot of books that The NJO is greatly involved in, like Swamp War and Dark Nest..

I have the Dark Nest trilogy and Kyle didn't do a whole lot. It's a shame there isn't a book where he is the main character. He is a great character and I feel a book about him would be really good, of course the author has to write him good too. I'll have to check out Swamp War then.

1. The Sith Emperor/Lord vitiate

Why: He reconstructed the sith empire and ruled it for over 1000 years making him one if not the longest ruling sith of all time.The Emperor made Revan and malak obey to his commands later starting the jedi civl war and discovery of the star forge. He was eventualy defeated by the hero of tython.

Abilities: Even as a child the emperor was very powerful with the force he killed his father with just a thought.He used the force to drain the life and force from a plane to achieve immortatiltyt. The emperor could easily dominate the minds of others to obey him. He easily defeated revan with his mastery of telekinesis.

2. Darth Caedus

Why: There was hardly any match for caedus at his time he beat many jedi including master kyle katarn with ease. He discovered many force abilities that others had no knowledge of. The only one stronger than him was Luke skywalker.

Abilities: He was a master of using the force to control people to do his will at a young age he also learned to control animals and able to communicate to animals using the force. He achieved oneness with the force. He learned to shatterpoint he was able to see crucial weak spots in people and objects.He also learned battle meditation and was a skilled lightsaber fighter to be able to defeat jedi battlmaster kyle katarn.

3.Exar Kun

Why:He Drained the life out of the massassi race and was able to matain his sprit in the temples of yavin for 1000s of years after he was dead.

Abilities:Kun was a master of the niman form and was skilled in jar kai. He was one of the best swordsman alive. He was able of emiting force blasts whcih could easly be used to defeat someone. He was able to attack other directly in his sprit form on yavin 4.He was also able to make students obey him in sprit form.

4.Marka Ragnos

Why: Ragnos clamined the title dark lord of the sith and became the emperor he took vitiate as an apprentice and taught him further in the ways of the sith. Whule he was in power it was known as the golden age of the sith.

Abilities:Marka Ragnos was considered to be one of the most powerful sith of all time even after death he managed to keep his sprit alive and kept growing power he was nearly risen again on korriban but the jedi jaden korr defeated him.

5.Darth Nihilus

Why: Known as the lord of hungar. He fed on force energy Devouring people and planets he had the ability to destroy the galaxy if he became strong enough.

Abilities: He was able to consume force he used and aggresive one handed lightsaber style to defeat enemys. He was skilled in many dark side force powers and could drain the force of people around him. He was defeated by the exile aboard the ravager.

6. Darth Revan

Why: Revan was the most powerful jedi of his time it was his leadership that allowed the republic to defeat the mandalorians in battle. He later became a sith sparking the jedi civil war on the galaxy he went to the star forge single handly and defeated his old apprentice darth malak and saving bastila shan. After the star forge he went into the unkowen regions back to defeat the true sith threat that only he knew about .

Abilities: Revan was both strong with the froce and a lightsaber. He was one of the best tactians in all of the jedi. In revans time there was hardly any match for him besides the sith emperor himself who traped him in statis at the foundry.

7. Starkiller

Why: He had the potiential to become the most powerful force user ever. He defeated both Darth vader and darth sidious by himself not even luke did that luke needed vader to help him. His true self died sacerficing himslef for the rebels later he came back as a clone beating vader again.

Abilities: His power was endless useing lighting and throwing AT-STs around he brought down a star destroyer with the force . He was able to disenigrate stormtroopers with a wave of force known as repulse.

8. Darth Sion

Why:Darth sion or lord of pain was unstopable the only thing that could kill him was himself he was able to use his damaged body to keep regenerating himself through the force he died cause of his feeling for the exile.

Abilities: He always needed hatred to keep his body together as long as he hated he could keep rehealing his body making him invincible. He used an agreesive lightsaber style to beat his enemys.

9. Darth Plageuis

Why: He had the ability to create life he used this ability to create anakin skywalker inside of shimi. He taught darth sidious the ways of the force and the dark side.

Abilities:He was the master of the unnatrual aspects of the force He is best known for the ability to create life. Plagueis used 2 lightsabers in combat. He was able to asorb blaster bolts than channeling them into force lighting. He could save other from death but not himself.

10. Darth Malgus

Why: He was the leader of the force that sacked coruscant . He later made his own empire which could have worked out rather good It took 4 of the republics top heroes to kill him and even then he still never died he was only defeated. You could probably say he was the republics most wanted.

Abilities: he was a sith warrior. He used an aggresive 1 lightsaber form but on certain occasions he used 2. He had the ability to become invincible for short periods of time ( as seen at end of false emperor)

People that cam close but didnt make my list

Darth bane

Darth Kryat

Well this is my list it took me a great amount of time to make after an hour i got sloppy with spelling/ No hating these were my opnions of who to put where if you disagree so much make your own list. Also i hasnt played inquistor so i really dont know much about darth nox. Also i might make a jedi one sometime but this is my sith list enjoy.

He isn't even godlike in canon people really need to see that, and while yes he won against Vader it was only barely and he never fought Sidious.

You had the option to fight sidious at the end of force unleashed but you never actually beat him though Starkiller was able to keep up with him.

You had the option to fight sidious at the end of force unleashed but you never actually beat him though Starkiller was able to keep up with him.

No he wasn't... Starkiller was fried by Sidious's Lightning in the Novel, he just had as much resistance as possible to grab Sidious so the lightning would be attacking both of them.

@Wolfninjajedi, I neevr said anything about Sidious. Even though barely, he still beat him in the second Novel. Not many could do that.

No he wasn't... Starkiller was fried by Sidious's Lightning in the Novel, he just had as much resistance as possible to grab Sidious so the lightning would be attacking both of them.

@Wolfninjajedi, I neevr said anything about Sidious. Even though barely, he still beat him in the second Novel. Not many could do that.

Ya but in the 2nd novel, Vader fought him "disinterested" which means he probably wasn't going all out at all seeing as he was also trying to turn him while fighting.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

Ya but in the 2nd novel, Vader fought him "disinterested" which means he probably wasn't going all out at all seeing as he was also trying to turn him while fighting.

Do you have the novel to back it up?

And even if its true, it falls on Vader's side. Because in the first fight Vader was toying aorund and got his butt kicked, his arrogance made him make the same mistake in the 2nd time.

What about Bastila? Bastila had very, very powerful force us, (KotOR of course). She had Battle Meditation which canonly would turn the tide of battles, especially the Star Forge battle which the Sith were winning by a mile, and then when she used her battle meditation, the Republic fought back and won. This was just one of her abilities.

1. The Sith Emperor/Lord vitiate

Why: He reconstructed the sith empire and ruled it for over 1000 years making him one if not the longest ruling sith of all time.The Emperor made Revan and malak obey to his commands later starting the jedi civl war and discovery of the star forge. He was eventualy defeated by the hero of tython.

The Hero of Tython defeated the Voice,not the Emperor.

Abilities: Even as a child the emperor was very powerful with the force he killed his father with just a thought.He used the force to drain the life and force from a plane to achieve immortatiltyt. The emperor could easily dominate the minds of others to obey him. He easily defeated revan with his mastery of telekinesis.

4.Marka Ragnos

Why: Ragnos clamined the title dark lord of the sith and became the emperor he took vitiate as an apprentice and taught him further in the ways of the sith. Whule he was in power it was known as the golden age of the sith.

It's unknown if Ragnos took Vitiate as an actual apprentice or just taught him a few things.

Abilities:Marka Ragnos was considered to be one of the most powerful sith of all time even after death he managed to keep his sprit alive and kept growing power he was nearly risen again on korriban but the jedi jaden korr defeated him.

6. Darth Revan

Why: Revan was the most powerful jedi of his time it was his leadership that allowed the republic to defeat the mandalorians in battle. He later became a sith sparking the jedi civil war on the galaxy he went to the star forge single handly and defeated his old apprentice darth malak and saving bastila shan. After the star forge he went into the unkowen regions back to defeat the true sith threat that only he knew about .

Debatable on whether Revan was the most powerful Jedi of his time, I'd say at the very least the Exile was far more powerful and had a larger,farther reaching impact on the galaxy as a whole.

Abilities: Revan was both strong with the froce and a lightsaber. He was one of the best tactians in all of the jedi. In revans time there was hardly any match for him besides the sith emperor himself who traped him in statis at the foundry.

9. Darth Plageuis

Why: He had the ability to create life he used this ability to create anakin skywalker inside of shimi. He taught darth sidious the ways of the force and the dark side.

The Force "conceived" Anakin in Shmi's womb in response to Plageuis and Sidious attempting to swing the balance of power towards the Dark Side.

Abilities:He was the master of the unnatrual aspects of the force He is best known for the ability to create life. Plagueis used 2 lightsabers in combat. He was able to asorb blaster bolts than channeling them into force lighting. He could save other from death but not himself.

Good list. But some of your info was a bit wrong,enough to have me respond to some of the errors.

Edited by Temeluchus

What about Bastila? Bastila had very, very powerful force us, (KotOR of course). She had Battle Meditation which canonly would turn the tide of battles, especially the Star Forge battle which the Sith were winning by a mile, and then when she used her battle meditation, the Republic fought back and won. This was just one of her abilities.

Bastila was actually pretty unremarkable, besides Battle Meditation, the only reason she is even on the map is because of her partner, Revan.

Revan when he was a Jedi Knight was nowhere near the Top 10, Darth Revan wasn't close either, and Reborn Revan isn't even a Jedi or a Sith any ways, so I really don't get why.

*Cough* Wrong *Cough*

Revan, after defeating malak etc, stayed the rank of Jedi Knight. That means Technically he is still a Jedi.

But id get why you'd say he wasn't, given your incredbile bias towards him. You cant stand revan, and ive seen this in multiple threads.... But it doesnt matter ;)

Edited by Selenial

My list, is: (canon reasons coming later)

1: Lord Vitiate

2: Naga Sadow

3: Meetra Surik (Widely known as the Jedi Exile)

4: Darth Nihilus

5: Darth Traya

6: Darth Knox

7: 3rd Barsen Thor

8: Revan Reborn

9: Exar Kun

10: Bastilla Shan (I get she wasnt the most powerful of jedi, but her ability to empower jedi and make them much stronger could change the course of battles, and thats strong.)

Edited by Selenial

*Cough* Wrong *Cough*

Revan, after defeating malak etc, stayed the rank of Jedi Knight. That means Technically he is still a Jedi.

But id get why you'd say he wasn't, given your incredbile bias towards him. You cant stand revan, and ive seen this in multiple threads.... But it doesnt matter ;)

He is a Jedi Knight in title only, the ONLY reason the Jedi High Council didn't boot him out was because the Public saw him as a hero, they rejected him and his teachings completely, he was not a Jedi and I highly doubt he even saw himself as a Jedi, please 'bias' has nothing to do with it, read the novel.

Bastila was actually pretty unremarkable, besides Battle Meditation, the only reason she is even on the map is because of her partner, Revan.

'Additionally, Shan was a skilled lightsaber duelist, and wielded a double bladed lightsaber in combat. She proved capable of dueling the redeemed Revan, Jolee Bindo, and Juhani atop the Temple of the Ancients and emerging relatively unscathed, albeit defeated.[2] Shan also managed to hold her ground against Darth Malak long enough for Revan and Carth Onasi to escape. It should be noted that Malak was considered to be one of the greatest swordsmen of his time.'

Wookiepedia.

Good list. But some of your info was a bit wrong,enough to have me respond to some of the errors.

Defeating the voice is practically the same. If you play SW, you get a letter in the mail saying the Emperor Was Greatly wounded from battle. And the Voice also has the same abilities as the Emperor.

SO it was practicallly to fighting him.

Edited by BrandonSM

'Additionally, Shan was a skilled lightsaber duelist, and wielded a double bladed lightsaber in combat. She proved capable of dueling the redeemed Revan, Jolee Bindo, and Juhani atop the Temple of the Ancients and emerging relatively unscathed, albeit defeated.[2] Shan also managed to hold her ground against Darth Malak long enough for Revan and Carth Onasi to escape. It should be noted that Malak was considered to be one of the greatest swordsmen of his time.'

Wookiepedia.

Allot of Characters from KOTOR hide in the shadow of Revan... especially Malak and Meetra and Bastila and you get the point.

Wookiepedia.

As far as I remember, she'd be enhanced by her use of the Dark Side and didn't even last that long before she relented, same goes with Malak.

And as Brandon said, in that time, everybody got overshadowed by the posterboy of the era.

And for all of those Revan haters, Revan was THE strongest force user, lightsaber duelist and overall 'best' Jedi / Sith of his time, which tells you something (he is strong), sourced from wookiepedia of course.

@ Rayla, she held of Malak for a long period of time (whilst Lightside) and again, he was considered a top swordmaster and force user.

Edited by Syra_Meleu