Character identities

GARhenus

I've heard each playable character has his/her "official" title, can you help me complete/confirm this list?

Republic Side

Jedi Knight : Hero of Tython

Jedi Consular: Scorekeeper's Herald(?)/Barsen'thor

Republic Trooper: ???

Smuggler: ???

Imperial Side

Sith Warrior: Emperor's Wrath

Sith Inquisitor: Kallig(?)/Darth Nox

Imperial Agent: Cipher Nine

Bounty Hunter: Grand Champion of the Great Hunt (?)

You can delete Darth Nox from SI as you only get that if you Dark Side. Neutral and LS get different Darth titles.

Forcewalker is an option and if there is special term for member of Dark Council.

Edited by Chaloss

There are a ton of class-specific titles, and other "titles" that you dont' get on your character sheet but that NPCs will address you by.

Most classes get a title at the end of each act. All classes get at least one sort of title by the end of their starting planet.

Hence, Jedi Knight by the end of Act 3 is guaranteed to have "Padawan," "Jedi," "Master" (used to be DS would get "General" instead but I think they changed that), "the Hero of Tython," and a few others. (EDIT: Negranit points out that the Knight gets 'Knight of the Republic,' not 'Jedi.')

Jedi Consular get "Padawan," "Jedi," "Master," "Barsen'thor," and I know Qyzen Fess will always call them Herald.

Troopers get "Sergeant," "Lieutenant," "Captain," and "Major." I just finished a Trooper and never got an end-of-Act-3 title, strangely.

Smugglers get "Captain," "the Outlaw," "Republic Privateer," and a few others.

Sith Warriors get "Acolyte", "Lord," "Darth," and are addressed as the Emperor's Wrath.

Sith Inquisitors get "Acolyte," Lord," and a custom Darth title based on alignment: Nox, Tyrannus, or Oculus. (EDIT: Imperius, not Tyrannus. Nox, Imperius, or Oculus. Serves me right for trying to recall 'one of those dictator words' without looking it up.)

Agents get "Agent," "Cipher Agent," "Double Agent," "Master Conspirator," and a few others.

Bounty Hunters get "Hired Gun" very early and then "Grand Champion of the Great Hunt" for Act 1; I don't really know what else they get.

Edited by bright_ephemera

There are a ton of class-specific titles, and other "titles" that you dont' get on your character sheet but that NPCs will address you by.

Most classes get a title at the end of each act. All classes get at least one sort of title by the end of their starting planet.

Hence, Jedi Knight by the end of Act 3 is guaranteed to have "Padawan," "Jedi," "Master" (used to be DS would get "General" instead but I think they changed that), "the Hero of Tython," and a few others.

Jedi Consular get "Padawan," "Jedi," "Master," "Barsen'thor," and I know Qyzen Fess will always call them Herald.

Troopers get "Sergeant," "Lieutenant," "Captain," and "Major." I just finished a Trooper and never got an end-of-Act-3 title, strangely.

Smugglers get "Captain," "the Outlaw," "Republic Privateer," and a few others.

Sith Warriors get "Acolyte", "Lord," "Darth," and are addressed as the Emperor's Wrath.

Sith Inquisitors get "Acolyte," Lord," and a custom Darth title based on alignment: Nox, Tyrannus, or Oculus.

Agents get "Agent," "Cipher Agent," "Double Agent," "Master Conspirator," and a few others.

Bounty Hunters get "Hired Gun" very early and then "Grand Champion of the Great Hunt" for Act 1; I don't really know what else they get.

The other titles for BH would be Homewrecker and Republic's Most Wanted.

Won't say how you get them due to spoilers.

Officially I believe they are

Knight - Hero of Tython

Consular - Scorekeeper's Herald

Trooper - Unnamed Havoc Squad Commander

Smuggler - Ace

Warrior - Emperor's Wrath

Inquisitor - Nox

Bounty Hunter - Champion of the Great Hunt

Agent - Cipher Nine

Knight - Hero of Tython

Smuggler - Ace

Inquisitor - Nox

Agent - Cipher Nine

The Smuggler is the "boss of bosses" or the "Voidhound"

You can delete Darth Nox from SI as you only get that if you Dark Side. Neutral and LS get different Darth titles.

Forcewalker is an option and if there is special term for member of Dark Council.

Since Imperial stories are thought to be canonically DS, Nox does fit for the SI.

Knight - Hero of Tython

Smuggler - Ace

Inquisitor - Nox

Agent - Cipher Nine

Official title for JC would be Barsen'thor, Trooper would be the top rank of Major of Havoc Squad, Smuggler is either Captain or Voidhound and just to nitpick, BH is Grand Champion of the Great Hunt.

Edited by Temeluchus

Hence, Jedi Knight by the end of Act 3 is guaranteed to have "Padawan," "Jedi," "Master" (used to be DS would get "General" instead but I think they changed that), "the Hero of Tython," and a few others.

JK don't get the 'Jedi' title. Instead they get 'Knight of the Republic'.

Edited by Negranit

Sith Inquisitors get "Acolyte," Lord," and a custom Darth title based on alignment: Nox, Tyrannus, or Oculus.

Actually, it's Nox, Occulus or Imperius; not Tyrannus(that's Dooku's Sith name)

Edited by Temeluchus

Since Imperial stories are thought to be canonically DS, Nox does fit for the SI.

And there is no actual evidence that it is canon, it is just the assumption that some people make. Just call him Dark Council Member of Ancient Knowledge. Or Lord Kallig works also I suppose although it isn't the height of his power.

And there is no actual evidence that it is canon, it is just the assumption that some people make. Just call him Dark Council Member of Ancient Knowledge. Or Lord Kallig works also I suppose although it isn't the height of his power.

Dark Council Member of Ancient Knowledge is bloody well too long and Lord Kallig could cause confusion between the original and SI, referring to him as Nox seems to be the easier thing and is the accepted term on these forums as well as others like Darthhater and Wookieepedia.

While it's true that DS stories for the Sith being canon is just an assumption and not a fact as of yet, at the very least the SI story being canonically DS makes the most sense.

Dark Council Member of Ancient Knowledge is bloody well too long and Lord Kallig could cause confusion between the original and SI, referring to him as Nox seems to be the easier thing and is the accepted term on these forums as well as others like Darthhater and Wookieepedia.

While it's true that DS stories for the Sith being canon is just an assumption and not a fact as of yet, at the very least the SI story being canonically DS makes the most sense.

Might be long, but it is easier to type than Barsen'thor and is more accurate than Darth Nox. And everytime I see someone use the term Darth Nox, the one thing you can be sure will happen is someone else bringing up that the DS isn't canon. So I wouldn't say it is universally accepted.

seeing how your consular is the "only living Barsen'thor", i would imagine so.

Barsen'thor is a title like any other. E.g. Knight, Master. You are the only one but their where 3 others before you so not entirely unique.

My list would be this:

Sith Inquisitor: Darth Nox/Occulus/Imperius

Sith Warrior: Emperor's Wrath

Imperial Agent: Cipher Nine

Bounty Hunter: Grand Champion of the Great Hunt

Jedi Knight: Hero of Tython

Jedi Consular: Scorekeeper's Herald

Smuggler: Ace (Voidhound)

Trooper: Havoc Squad Commander

Unsure about the Smuggler and Trooper - anyone know why he is called 'Ace', I just picked that up. And the trooper doesn't really have a title unique to him, unless anyone can think of one.

Beniboybling: "Ace" is the callsign given to the smuggler for space combat. Every class gets one of these, for instance, the Knight gets "Shield", I believe. I don't think it's used at all after it is given, though.

• 3 months later...

The common misconception is Wookieepedia = official = canon.

Unsure about the Smuggler and Trooper - anyone know why he is called 'Ace', I just picked that up. And the trooper doesn't really have a title unique to him, unless anyone can think of one.

One of the loading screens had "Hero of Havoc" if I'm not mistaken. But that was a loading screen title, not one used in the actual story or anything like that (IIRC).