What if Vader killed Obi'Wan on Mustafar?

Bird_of_Thunder

Well, there is no real right answer to this question, becasue there are too many variables to consider. I mean we are talking about a galaxy here, and that leaves many opportunities for different outcomes. I would think however, that the results would be the same considering that the force is in play here, and clearly the force wanted Luke to be trained as a Jedi, and bring the order back to achieve balance. So perhaps Luke might meet another hiding jedi, or Yoda would feel his presence in the force, and seek him out or even call him through the force. There is more than one answer to most questions, and more than one solutions to most problems, this is no different. Edited by Karyuoh
mispelled

Doesn't that mean that Vader would have then found Padme still on Mustafar? Would he have killed her because he thought she brought Obi Wan or would he have taken her with him? That would mean Luke and Leia might have been raised and trained in the Dark Side from birth by Vader and Palpatine once they realised they were force sensitive. ...interesting speculation there :)

Doesn't that mean that Vader would have then found Padme still on Mustafar? Would he have killed her because he thought she brought Obi Wan or would he have taken her with him? That would mean Luke and Leia might have been raised and trained in the Dark Side from birth by Vader and Palpatine once they realised they were force sensitive. ...interesting speculation there :)

This. Either Padme would have died and thus Luke and Liea would have never been born. Or Luke and Leia are born but grow up with Vader training them as sith. Which could lead to a lot of cool alternate futures. Perhaps one where Vader Luke and Leia work together to kill the emperor and take over the universe.

Honestly, I still don't think he would have achieved his full potential.

I don't think Palps would have allowed it, he either would have mentally wounded Vader with something or physically have some type of brace on Vader so he still could not be a threat to Palps..

Play the darkside bonus mission for Revenge of the Sith game to find yoru answer OP.

To be quite honest I don't think this is the most likely outcome. The only reason he killed Palpatine was to wrap up the story line for the player. Anakin wouldn't have killed him, he knew he still had a great deal to learn and most importantly Palpatine was his only hope of saving Padme.

As for the fate of Padme, Vader would have found her unconscious and barely alive - so there would be no chance of a confrontation. Either Palpatine and Vader combined would find a way to keep her alive during childbirth (and then find a way to save her) or she would have died in childbirth and Vader would have trained his children in the darkside and eventually overthrown Palpatine. But would Sidious let Padme and her potentially dangerous children live? If he had the wisdom he would find a way to kill them, and perhaps Padme also without Vader realizing.

I don't know if Sidious ever planned on anyone replacing him, but what he said to Yoda: 'You cannot stop me, Lord Vader will be stronger than either of us.' Indicating that he expected Vader to replace him eventually. But even so, he doesn't seem like that sort of person. Maybe he had an alternate plan to keep Vader restrained, as he did not expect Vader to lose against Kenobi (or did he? He has great powers in foresight so maybe he expected it all along)

One things for certain though, the Republic and the Jedi would be doomed and evil would reign for ever more....Obi-Wan is the true hero of star wars, forget luke!

Let's all be logical, now.

Mustafar.

Obi-Wan Kenobi stands poised to strike down Vader. Vader leaps and- Obi-Wan misses. Vader's lightsaber fells the Jedi hero. Full of rising anger, he'd return to Padme's skiff. She'd refuse to go along with his insanity, and he'd finish what he started. Padme and the unborn Luke and Leia would dies.

Several years might pass, but Anakin's ridiculous arrogance would drive him to confront Sidious, who is much stronger, more cunning. Vader would die. Sidious, unchallenged, would reign for the promised 10,000 years. The Rebellion would be ended, and the galaxy would know true order and true peace.

Full of rising anger, he'd return to Padme's skiff. She'd refuse to go along with his insanity, and he'd finish what he started. Padme and the unborn Luke and Leia would dies.

But Padme was unconscious and near death, like I said before there would be no confrontation. So Luke, Leia's and Padme's death are not certain (although Padme's is more likely)

Several years might pass, but Anakin's ridiculous arrogance would drive him to confront Sidious, who is much stronger, more cunning. Vader would die. Sidious, unchallenged, would reign for the promised 10,000 years. The Rebellion would be ended, and the galaxy would know true order and true peace.

This does make sense, Anakin already seems to feel he can kill Sidious and take over the empire, it would be only a matter of time before he tries. But he's not entirely stupid, when ever Vader attempted a coup, he made sure he had support - this could possibly come from Luke and/or Leia depending on whether they survive. I think the fate of the Empire, if this happened, would depend on the survival of Luke and/or Leia.

This. Either Padme would have died and thus Luke and Liea would have never been born. Or Luke and Leia are born but grow up with Vader training them as sith. Which could lead to a lot of cool alternate futures. Perhaps one where Vader Luke and Leia work together to kill the emperor and take over the universe.

The problem with this is that Sid would of never allowed this. Sid killed his master out of fear he would be replaced by one of masters creations, and was a stern believer in the rule of two( one to have the power, one to observe it). He would most likely tell Vader to kill his kids, or he would kill him, and he would do this out of fear that Vader would choose his kids over loyalty to him, and actually overthrow him.

Vader was much more powerful and skilled than Luke in the time of episode 6, and Vader more or less wanted Luke to kill him, so he let him win. I don't think Vader would have the heart to kill his own kids.

Edited by cool-dude

if vader killed obi-won then it is likely that we would have never seen Mr.han-solo and then star wars wouldnt exist b/c episode 4 woulda been horrible ;\

and also. if you think about it. princess leia would have kept kissing her brother (luke) instead of falling for Han and then things coulda got real weird.

episode 5 (EMpire Strikes back) would have then been focused on Starkiller... something like that

Edited by Warlord_Maliken

But Padme wouldn't Join Vader and even if he forced her she will kill herself. + the article is about Obi-Wan being killed DURING the battle of Mustafar While Padme was killed BEFORE the battle so she would have died. No offense though.

But Padme wouldn't Join Vader and even if he forced her she will kill herself. + the article is about Obi-Wan being killed DURING the battle of Mustafar While Padme was killed BEFORE the battle so she would have died. No offense though.

Luke and Leia still would have survived, unless Vader or Sidious intervened. Sidious might have convinced him she was dead so he wouldn't go and find her on Obi-Wan's ship, and then C-3PO and R2 might have taken them elsewhere. This is unlikely though, as Sidious wouldn't have arrived on the scene, he had no reason to fear for Anakin's life. Most likely he would have found Padme alive and had the children born in secret. What then i don't know...

Edited by Beniboybling

since it was kinda Yoda's plan that sent Obi-wan to Tatooine if he had died I suppose Yoda could have just taken his place

Not on tatooine, Dagobah was rife with the dark side that hid yoda from the emperor. TBH I would expect the ghost of Qui-gon to try and force anakin to become redeemed. Remember, Padome would still give birth to the twins and Vader would of ensured that his wife would live.

But the propecy was clear, Anakin was meant to bring balance to the force, and the Jedi were overwhelming and the republic seemed inept before palpatine become supreme chancellor. Obviously the light had to be wiped out and tip the scales for the dark before being balanced.

Eitherway I don't think Vader would of ever walked from that fight without being severely dismembered. It was the only way to limit his power in the force so the emperor couldn't exploit it and the emperor really had no knowledge or information of enhanced force cybernetic technology at his disposal either.