Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

PLEASE make holographic companions OPTIONAL

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Galactic Strongholds
PLEASE make holographic companions OPTIONAL

jeaf
12.22.2014 , 09:52 AM | #11
Agreed... Im not liking the Holographic companions. Atleast make it optional.

Pilgrim_Grey
12.23.2014 , 01:29 AM | #12
Really would be nice if they at least had a default look for each companion that it reverts to if you're not on the character that has them tricked out. I wouldn't want the hologram option to go away for people that like it, but I personally hate it on my other characters.

Particularly on my starfighter's lounge, which is basically a hangout for many of my characters.

But even then, the majority of our options to "populate" our stronghold are expensive to pick up, so it would be nice for us to use companions more easily. Particularly since we have this whole Legacy thing, so all our characters have some kind of relationship envisioned (well, I'm guessing if you're into strongholds you'll definitely have relationships for all your characters).
Ithyrn (Guardian), Malachais (Gunslinger), Ez'kiel (Commando), I'arwin (Sentinel), Ben'adar (Scoundrel)
Ithryn (Operative), Ithryc (Juggernaut), Thar'kun (Powertech), Ahoshta (Assassin)
Shadowlands Server

Xinnra
12.23.2014 , 05:03 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Mubrak View Post
  • when we have maxed affection with a companion, give us the generic model and the hologram as personell-decorations.
^this would be perfekt!

Sirdannik
12.29.2014 , 10:16 AM | #14
devil's advocate here, as I would like the option of holo vs. flesh-and-blood.

When you log out, doesn't that mean you theoretically 'left' and are somewhere else? since you can't place your logged out toon in the SH as a deco, it would appear that way.

NOW who among you would leave without your crew?! in that way it makes sense to me for them to be holos, as I'm certain my crew would leave with me.
Remmy-d (Scoundrel, 51)
Shadowlands

XiamaraSimi
12.30.2014 , 04:27 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Sirdannik View Post
devil's advocate here, as I would like the option of holo vs. flesh-and-blood.

When you log out, doesn't that mean you theoretically 'left' and are somewhere else? since you can't place your logged out toon in the SH as a deco, it would appear that way.

NOW who among you would leave without your crew?! in that way it makes sense to me for them to be holos, as I'm certain my crew would leave with me.
Nope, Ashara gets to stay there and clean the toilets. Especially if Skadge used the facilities.

Lirtoo
01.15.2015 , 03:47 PM | #16
[QUOTE=Mubrak;7789258]I assume the problem is that the game doesn't load your alt's companions, so it doesn't know their equipment and uses a generic model to represent them; to hide that, the generic models are turned into holograms.

Don't think that is the problem because every single item in the game is installed on your computer. The code in the stronghold placed companion could request the customized outfit as much as the holo outfit.

CheaterLL
01.16.2015 , 10:00 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Lirtoo View Post
Quote: Originally Posted by Mubrak View Post
I assume the problem is that the game doesn't load your alt's companions, so it doesn't know their equipment and uses a generic model to represent them; to hide that, the generic models are turned into holograms.
Don't think that is the problem because every single item in the game is installed on your computer. The code in the stronghold placed companion could request the customized outfit as much as the holo outfit.
The problem would be getting the information which combination of gear the companion is wearing, because BW's character access code is probably just as messed up as the rest is.

And PLEASE don't delete the closing /QUOTE tag...
CheaterLL, GM <you always wipe together>
Semi-Progression @ T3-M4
Juggernaut Tank/Sniper DPS/Sorcerer Heal

ArenRakescar
01.20.2015 , 01:33 AM | #18
I think the hologram placeholders are there to keep your SH completion rate from fluctuating as you swap characters. I don't like the default appearance that they revert to, just makes them feel even more like strangers because I've been using customizations and fancy armor on some of them for so long.