Next expansion share your ideas be creative :)

ban-canal

hi people i think that this thread should be ll about what we want what level cap story etc. Please dont get mad at anyone or worry about code

examle: i think it would be cool to go to kashyk with maybe the wookies have created a new technology and the empire and republic is fighting to get it. i think that it would be nice to have the level cap up to 60 and seperate stories for the classes. for example the BH starts going on a mission to become mandalore for the fame and glory or for pub side The jedi oreder has discovered sith ruins while exploring more of kashyks past and now the jedi consular struggles to destroy the evidence:D

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if i got to decide what the the expansion would be it would be this:

level cap: 60

New planet: Denova

New species: togruta

New classes: SIS agent (republic) commando (empire)

New WZ: something that revolves around CTF

New OP: shadows of the dark side

Notes: i also think there should be an option for empire players to give up on taris to stop pubs from getting balmorra and opposite should be true for the republic. besides, as an imp do you ever hear that something like "OMG WE LOST BALMORRA DUDES! AND securing taris ain't worth it man. i mean what will we do without all those valuable weapons"? NO! we dont and neither does the republic hear anything like "the empire just ravaged our rebuilding efforts on taris and now all the planets in the seat of the empire region actually belong to the empire. i guess the empire DID secure their symbol of ravaging us. sorry pubs, taris ain't being rebuilt. but dont worry its worth it cuz we have AMAZING weapons and its only a matter of years or even months before the empire makes its last stand on dromund kaas and we win".

Subject: Final Fall of the Dread Lords.

New planete: A random warfront world betweem Empire and Republic, a hutt world, then a dark side world.

Return and final death of Kilran and Jadus.

New classes and starting worlds. Maybe oppisite faction versions of worlds like Hutta and Coruscant.

More story duh.

I want the ability to alter my ship, not necessarily drastically, even small changes would help feel it's my ship.

I also want the ability to decorate my ship, add my style to the decor.

Finally, I want a class that wields both blasters and blades, no force powers, just the ability to whack with any weapon, maybe it could be an advance class, with an unarmed combat expert as the other branch. Base class would be a vibrosword wielder, who then chooses between a warlike path and an ascetic enlightment path.

Edited by AlexDougherty

I bet the new villain will be the Sith Emperor, aided by his most trusted men, the Dread Masters.

The Emperor has become an entity of pure evil and madness, planning to destroy everything (he's been totally twisted after thousand of years of dark side corruption) and becoming so an enemy of the Empire.

The Republic will gain more power after the events on Makeb, and the Empire is weakened by internal fights between the remaining Sith Councillors. Pubs could win the war soon if the Emperor menace wouldn't stop them.

This give the chance to Darth Marr to wipe out the council a rebuild a new Empire similar to Malgus's vision: open to alien races, changing to a theocratic Empire which worship the Emperor to a more dictatorship and nationalistic Empire, with the Sith to represent the very core of it but out of its political power. Marr will be at the head of the Empire, of course, the new council will be sithless (or few of them will be allowed, like Nox) but presided by Marr.

I suppose Marr will purge the old fashioned Sith, new and younger ones will rise, some to be war heroes and fearsome champions of the new Empire (Wrath), others to be cunning politicians/scholars and models for the citizen of the new Empire (Darth Nox).

One common goal and true feeling for everyone, both Sith and Imperials: rise of the Empire and fall of the Republic.

Well, my imagination went a little too far i suppose... :p

Edited by drGudo

Planet: Yavin 4

New Species: Wookiee and Dashade ('cause there are supposedly Dashade living in the underlevels of Kashyyyk)

Story: So, Darth what's-his-name brought a bunch of Sith Massassi to the Yavin System (This is actually canon, btw. "Lost Tribe of the Sith", I think) These Massassi have risen up against the heads of their order on Yavin, which is separate from the Empire. The Empire now wants to either induct these rogue Sith into the Order or kill them off.

Meanwhile, the Jedi are completely ignorant of this, and have sent a science team to explore the inhabitable moons of Yavin. But the team has now lost contact, along with one of the Republic's most valued scientists, <enter a random name here, Bioware>. The Jedi have dispatched you and your <crew, unit, team of berserkers, etc.> to find the science teams, as well as try to discern what made them lose contact.

I would hope that they give us a new companion on this one :D

New Species: Wookiee and Dashade ('cause there are supposedly Dashade living in the underlevels of Kashyyyk)

Story: So, Darth what's-his-name brought a bunch of Sith Massassi to the Yavin System (This is actually canon, btw. "Lost Tribe of the Sith", I think) These Massassi have risen up against the heads of their order on Yavin, which is separate from the Empire. The Empire now wants to either induct these rogue Sith into the Order or kill them off.

Meanwhile, the Jedi are completely ignorant of this, and have sent a science team to explore the inhabitable moons of Yavin. But the team has now lost contact, along with one of the Republic's most valued scientists, <enter a random name here, Bioware>. The Jedi have dispatched you and your <crew, unit, team of berserkers, etc.> to find the science teams, as well as try to discern what made them lose contact.

um, Exar Kun already got there before you, he altered those Massassi, and they were destroyed when he was, which is in the past even for this game. Only one survived, and he remained sealed up until Luke Skywalker accidently released him. (and no it wasn't that he found only one, Exar Kun sealed only one in that temple)

The Sith lord who created the Massassi out of his followers was Naga Sadow, but they were created on Yavin4 not brought in (his followers were brought in and transformed).

Not sure I have the will to brainstorm about an entire expansion but I'd definitely like to see more Hutt space planets and trandoshans as a playable race.

It would be tough to figure out helmets (aside from just not using them) but wouldn't mind seeing some pointy toes around the fleets :)

um, Exar Kun already got there before you, he altered those Massassi, and they were destroyed when he was, which is in the past even for this game. Only one survived, and he remained sealed up until Luke Skywalker accidently released him. (and no it wasn't that he found only one, Exar Kun sealed only one in that temple)

The Sith lord who created the Massassi out of his followers was Naga Sadow, but they were created on Yavin4 not brought in (his followers were brought in and transformed).

According to TOR, a good number of the Massassi survived Exar Kun's ritual - one of the Galactic History videos they did had a pair of Jedi (one was actually a Sith infiltrator) being ambushed by the Massassi on Yavin IV when they investigated the tomb of Naga Sadow there.

Galactic History Videos - it's the 103 BTC entry, Massassi show up at the 2:00 min. mark.

Sorry to burst your bubble but Bioware exclusively said They will not make any playable races that cannot speak basic.

if i got to decide what the the expansion would be it would be this:

level cap: 60

New planet: Denova

New species: togruta

New classes: SIS agent (republic) commando (empire)

New WZ: something that revolves around CTF

New OP: shadows of the dark side

Notes: i also think there should be an option for empire players to give up on taris to stop pubs from getting balmorra and opposite should be true for the republic. besides, as an imp do you ever hear that something like "OMG WE LOST BALMORRA DUDES! AND securing taris ain't worth it man. i mean what will we do without all those valuable weapons"? NO! we dont and neither does the republic hear anything like "the empire just ravaged our rebuilding efforts on taris and now all the planets in the seat of the empire region actually belong to the empire. i guess the empire DID secure their symbol of ravaging us. sorry pubs, taris ain't being rebuilt. but dont worry its worth it cuz we have AMAZING weapons and its only a matter of years or even months before the empire makes its last stand on dromund kaas and we win".

i really like your idea,the possible new classes are pretty cool and i would realy like to see an imperial cannoer(amazing)+the SIS at the pubs,i would say to make a level 65-70 level cap not to have only 5 levels

but Ashokatanorules,the dread masters cannot die,they are the pure dark side(alongside the emperor)

Edited by EpickFaill

i would say to make a level 65-70 level cap not to have only 5 levels

yeah it would be a pretty big expansion so it should probably be up to 65 or even 70. if its at 70 then Denova would have to be even larger than Makeb. Denova is an excellent site for a future expansion because it has vast boradium deposits(a key element in high yield explosives) and because it already makes an appearance in Novare Coast and in Explosive conflict a WZ and an OP in that order.

you can also change factions: bounty hunters and smugglers get to pick which faction they wanna serve at lvl 10, both agent classes at the end of their class quests have the choice of secretly being double agents, and the rest change sides openly starting at lvl 70. you can only change sides once so make sure you HATE your current faction before switching factions and this option is limited to subscribers, sorry f2ps.

I have an idea for pub quest series and imp quest series:

republic: the sis begins to find out that Makeb didn't really explode and now they have to stop the mining of isotope 5

empire: meanwhile for the empire, they are trying to retake Balmorra/corellia.

patches:

3.0 main expansion

3.1 many more new options (you can now choose which wz you want to do, you get a qt to the west ice shelf on illum instead of the blackhole, etc.)

3.2 make the gtm better

3.3 fix other problems causing many to ragequit swtor

3.4 same as 3.3

3.5 same as 3.3

3.6 same as 3.3

3.7 same as 3.3

Edited by BacaWicket

this is just a little note for bioware, for 3.0 (main expansion) you may think i'm asking for a lot but for 3.1-3.7 you won't have to add a lot. just a few things and i wont be ticked off that theres no new daily area, wz, or op.

heres what i want:

3.0 awesome denova, new classes, addition of class quests, and changing/choosing faction

3.1 add something new like getting to pick which wz you get to be on

3.2 make the gtm better (let us not have to be realy specific in your search or even searching everything)

3.3 fix some other problems of SWTOR

3.4,3.5,3.6,3.7 same as 3.3

it would be a very big expansion which is why im only asking that for the major patches following that that you fix to problems which caused 2 mil people to ragequit SWTOR

The Dread Masters have fallen, with the Hutts driven back and their mutual enemy destroyed, the war has returned full scale. Both sides have grown desperate, destroying the defenceless harvest worlds of their foes in a bid to gain a brief upper hand.

Republic: The time has come. The Empire is on its last legs shooting blindly at the Republic. The Dark Council itself has joined the melee and captured Coruscant. After saving Makeb *NAME* has been called on once more to aid the Republic. Seeing the oportunity the Republic has banded its strongest warriors to destroy the Empire once and for all. As every free body fights the fanatics supporting the Dark Council *NAME* sees the opportunity to breach the stronghold and defeat the Dark Council.

Empire: The Emporor has spoken at last. The Dark Council has been blamed for the failing of the war and their heads are demanded. The Emporor's Hand has contacted *NAME* to be part of the group who destroys the Dark Council and lead the New Age of the Empire into the end of the war. The Dark Council has seized Coruscant in a desperate bid to escape the wrath of the Emporor. The Republic has unwittingly assaulted the fanatics surrounding the Dark Council so *NAME* sneaks into the stronghold to give the Empire the chance it needs to win the war.

Obviously the Dark Council members killed in Storylines will not be in these operations, it could be done in several parts, i.e. make 4/5 operations for the 8/9 remaining members. It also gives a chance for some members to "escape" so it could potentially last 2, even 3 expansions.

i dont want an emperor op in this expansion. i want to save it for 4.0. while 3.0-3.7 gave us a ginormous planet, new classes, new species, and fixed problems that everyone complained about, 4.0 won't include a new planet but instead on an emperor op, shroud returning, voidstar daily area, and will give us a new WZ. there should also be a few mentions of the chosen one prophecy especially by the voss. of course we know that its anikin. the prophecy probably doesn't just say he will destroy the sith. it most likely mentions different fates: destroys the sith bringing balance to the force, destroying the jedi allowing the sith to take over, or both

• 4 weeks later...
Here is another idea, or rather a theme. Loose ends. There are a lot of decisions in the first three chapters that don't have consequences. I think it would be a good idea to have those consequences catch up to the player as part of another story. For example, I've played the trooper and agent, and both of these stories have a big bad that gets away. In the troopers case, if you take the light side ending your main enemy is back on the loose, and in the agents case no matter what you do the big bad from chapter 1 escapes. I would love to see these two make a comeback. Additionally it would be nice to see Revan again, and this time as an actual character with presence, not some flashpoint boss.

Here is another idea, or rather a theme. Loose ends. There are a lot of decisions in the first three chapters that don't have consequences. I think it would be a good idea to have those consequences catch up to the player as part of another story. For example, I've played the trooper and agent, and both of these stories have a big bad that gets away. In the troopers case, if you take the light side ending your main enemy is back on the loose, and in the agents case no matter what you do the big bad from chapter 1 escapes. I would love to see these two make a comeback. Additionally it would be nice to see Revan again, and this time as an actual character with presence, not some flashpoint boss.

Or

Grathan's son somehow getting back at you. Kidnapping one of your crew?

New planet: Umbara

A planet shrouded in darkness with the most peculiar lifeforms and natives with even more peculiar technology. On the surface, the war has shifted there as both sides attempt to claim and study some Umbaran technology for the war effort.

Empire

However, following the Dread Master's deaths, rumors circulated in the underworld of ancient Sith ruins and unknown secrets of the Dark Side buried on the world that they had been heavily interested in, attracting the attention of several on the Dark Council. With a potential goldmine in both Umbaran technology and unknown Sith secrets, as well as a potential foothold in the Expansion region, the Empire has prioritized a prolonged war effort on Umbara until the necessary samples and/or information are acquired. So long as the Republic does not become fully aware of why the Empire is there and is forced to waste resources there as it did on Hoth, the Empire will stay in the lead.

Republic

With the Dread Masters gone, the Hutt cartel pushed back, and the Empire on its heels, the Supreme Chancellor and the Galactic Senate push for more aggressive policies to wipe out its enemies. Among its most vocal advocates is the senator of Umbara, who has reported that Imperial ships have been gathering in the nearby sectors and fears that the planet will become the newest battleground. Taking preemptive measures, the Republic reinforces its presence on the planet. Before long, the Empire arrives and fullscale war breaks out. Although trying to curry favor, Umbara's senators have heavily criticized the Republic's incompetence in the past and the Empire's new pro-alien policies have sewn seeds of separation.

Class Interests

*Sith Inquisitor: Darth Rictus of the Pyramid of Mysteries and Darth Aruk of the Pyramid of Sith Philosophies wishes to collaborate with the Inquisitor to forge an alliance on the council, potentially building up a power play to increase their influence. Regardless of whether this alliance is formed, all three have interest in investigating these ancient Sith secrets.

*Imperial Agent: Darth Rictus and Darth Aruk wish to deploy the Agent into the field in order to covertly investigate the ancient Sith secrets. The Agent's personal intentions after being deployed though are his/her own.

*Sith Warrior: Darth Acina of the Pyramid of Technologies has vested interest in Umbara and has been heavily involved with the other spheres for the invasion. The Warrior is tasked to be her vanguard to acquire Umbaran technology to study, as well as lead the war effort to bolster morale under the Emperor and his Wrath.

*Bounty Hunter: Contracted by the Dark Council, The Bounty Hunter is ordered by Darth Acina to take out important military targets and secure the technology they are defending. Many of these targets have high bounties with other clients and Acina is more than willing to transfer payment from these clients to the hunter on top of the Empire's pay.

(Will add Republic classes soon)

Why Umbara?

It's extremely unique and largely ignored in the EU, only recently being fleshed out in The Clone Wars. On top of that, the Umbarans can share models with Rattaki with only a change in wardrobe and maybe a few new face models needed to solidify the separation. The armor worn by the soldiers in TCW would make interesting reputation armor for the new planet, as well as the more flowing dresses worn by its people. To top it all off, it will add new lore with its new aesthetic, allow classes to engage in straight up warfare while also dealing with its own personal interests (the Sith want new Sith things and the Republic wants to stabilize the planet to begin their more aggressive campaign against the Empire).

New lore can be added while connecting it directly to old lore (the Dread Masters; whose appearance/legacy can be played with for the story to various degrees) and allow both sides to be there right at the beginning, rather than in the prelude or aftermath of a political/military debacle (no splitting Umbara between two factions for both sides to curry favor for; Republic has to avoid that happening like with Alderaan among others this time). Combine all that with the Umbaran tech which can bring about unique mounts, armor, pets, etc. and its potential for new warzones in the shadowy night of Umbara, this planet seems like an ideal choice to me.