Legacy Wide datacrons

AshlaBoga

Especially ones like the Belsavis Green Matrix Shard. BW, go do that on 12 characters and tell me it was "fun."

That one is a pain in the *** to get the batteries for...

I love this idea, that's something i'd spend my cartel coins on and gladly

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If they are going to do this, they should make it cost a lot of CC this way people who are against wont feel as bad since people will have to spend a lot of money on it. Maybe 100CC for each datacron you want to link?

I myself feel that I'd only want them to share the hard datacrons across all toons. For example, I gave up with jumping on those freakin pipes in the Works on Corusant... however if I knew I could get it unlocked to all toons, I might try again.

Looks like somebody beat me to trying to consolidate interest from my own thread into this one, but thanks :D Hopefully the topic will continue to get player attention and support to the point that Bioware sees it as a positive, if not profitable, option to offer. ;)

/signed

Another ez mode cheat.

I really dont get this argument. We've done the work at least once to get all of them already... several users like myself have gotten some datacrons 3-4 times in addition... It's repetitive and tedious to do it on every character and this would be a great use of the legacy system. Has nothing to do with an easy I win button...

Edited by AdamGe

I really dont get this argument. We've done the work at least once to get all of them already... several users like myself have gotten some datacrons 3-4 times in addition... It's repetitive and tedious to do it on every character and this would be a great use of the legacy system. Has nothing to do with an easy I win button...

i am very old school. the repetitive grind doesn't bother me. and suppose you share your alts with someone else

that person is unfairly oped.

i am very old school. the repetitive grind doesn't bother me. and suppose you share your alts with someone else

that person is unfairly oped.

But the repetitive grind does bother a lot of people, myself included.

As for sharing your alts..well, first off, isn't doing that frowned on? Anyway, you could make them unfairly oped anyway, with gear you sent over from your main or something.

But the repetitive grind does bother a lot of people, myself included.

As for sharing your alts..well, first off, isn't doing that frowned on? Anyway, you could make them unfairly oped anyway, with gear you sent over from your main or something.

Yeah or a +41 end game crystal from the cartel market available @ lvl 10. Really though, the stat boost for datacrons is not MASSIVE. And I would be ok if the stat's were locked for each legacy character until they reach the planet said datacrons are on. That way instead of hunting them for the nth time, you get a small stat buff in line with your level every new planet you start.

Also, if someone is going to share alt's, that is their choice. It's their account after all, who are we to tell them how to play? Frowned upon or not.

Edited by AdamGe

I don't support this. It's already easy enough to get all 67 when you're max level. I did all 67 in about 2 days and it only took me a few hours. Asking for this feature is just being lazy and it's not a quality of life request at all.

BS. Takes more than a few hours to get them all and you have to take into affect travel times as well

I'm for this, but with a few conditions: Any achievements with datacrons will be based on individual characters. That way, you can do them once for the stats, or multiple times for achievements/titles. Also, the stat bonus should only be unlocked once you complete that planet's class story line. So no one would end up with +42 main stat when they create a character. Edited by bbare

I'm for this, but with a few conditions: Any achievements with datacrons will be based on individual characters. That way, you can do them once for the stats, or multiple times for achievements/titles. Also, the stat bonus should only be unlocked once you complete that planet's class story line. So no one would end up with +42 main stat when they create a character.

Your conditions sound good to me. No point to give achievements to characters who did not do all the tiresome jumps to get a datacron.

/notsigned

Lazy is lazy.

Agreed. Datacrons are little bonuses that are challenging and time-consuming to achieve at times. The datacron itself imbues it's power into the player that found it. Why would that go across a Legacy? It makes no sense.

I personally go get the ones specific to my role (force users I get all Willpower, Strength, and Endurance) when I hit 50 on a character. It's fun going back to the planets to get them. I would think it would be pretty lame to take that away by making them Legacy-wide.

Agreed. Datacrons are little bonuses that are challenging and time-consuming to achieve at times. The datacron itself imbues it's power into the player that found it. Why would that go across a Legacy? It makes no sense.

I personally go get the ones specific to my role (force users I get all Willpower, Strength, and Endurance) when I hit 50 on a character. It's fun going back to the planets to get them. I would think it would be pretty lame to take that away by making them Legacy-wide.

Now from another point of view

Datacrons are little bonuses that are challenging and tediously time-consuming to achieve after 4 times. The datacrom itself imbues its power to the player that found it but why wouldnt the character share that with his/her spouse/child etc or maybe his/her rival followed him/her. It would make sense to make it across Legacy even if only Faction specific since my Jedi shares with her husband and my Sith teaches her Apprentice. Makes a lot of sense

I personally want to get all of them on all my characters (Im a completionist after all) when I hit 50 on a character. Its tedious to travel to every single planet again. I think its pretty lame that we HAVE to do this because some people want everyone else to go through the arduous process.

See what happens? There's already been the suggestion to make this an unlock at Legacy 50 and thats the best way to do it. Want to still get them yourself? Fine, but dont ruin it for others

The datacrom itself imbues its power to the player that found it but why wouldnt the character share that with his/her spouse/child etc or maybe his/her rival followed him/her.

No. Just cuz the parent is smart, doesn't mean the child will be. Just cuz I read a lot of science books doesn't mean my spouse will be fluent in what I've been reading. If the parent works out and gets buffed the child or sibling will have to work out just as hard to be just as buffed... they don't just wake up one day and be buff.

See what happens? There's already been the suggestion to make this an unlock at Legacy 50 and thats the best way to do it. Want to still get them yourself? Fine, but dont ruin it for others

Nothing is being ruined. What's happening is lazy players being lazy and somehow making themselves feel like victims by having to get them on each character. This is the bottom line. Lazy players are ruining it for themselves on their own and trying to make everyone feel sorry for them and they are these sad little victims and need this handout. Lazy is lazy.

When people get a datacron, they also get a Codex entry, some nice information about history, and THIS is the kind of info that CAN be passed along to others through storytelling around a campfire. If this goes Legacy, fine, but there's NO WAY that I should be able to get an extra 40 endurance (400 health) and be that much more buff and just have anyone else in my Legacy be *poof* just as buff.

Get them as you go, not after you hit 50. Almost every class and planet chain takes you near a datacron. Most you just walk over and pick up off the ground. I can't believe these same lazy victims will grind dailies every_single_day, over and over, on multiple characters, but then come here and play hard-luck cuz they can't go get a lousy datacron.

Lazy is lazy.

No. Just cuz the parent is smart, doesn't mean the child will be. Just cuz I read a lot of science books doesn't mean my spouse will be fluent in what I've been reading. If the parent works out and gets buffed the child or sibling will have to work out just as hard to be just as buffed... they don't just wake up one day and be buff.

Nothing is being ruined. What's happening is lazy players being lazy and somehow making themselves feel like victims by having to get them on each character. This is the bottom line. Lazy players are ruining it for themselves on their own and trying to make everyone feel sorry for them and they are these sad little victims and need this handout. Lazy is lazy.

When people get a datacron, they also get a Codex entry, some nice information about history, and THIS is the kind of info that CAN be passed along to others through storytelling around a campfire. If this goes Legacy, fine, but there's NO WAY that I should be able to get an extra 40 endurance (400 health) and be that much more buff and just have anyone else in my Legacy be *poof* just as buff.

Get them as you go, not after you hit 50. Almost every class and planet chain takes you near a datacron. Most you just walk over and pick up off the ground. I can't believe these same lazy victims will grind dailies every_single_day, over and over, on multiple characters, but then come here and play hard-luck cuz they can't go get a lousy datacron.

Lazy is lazy.

Lazy is lazy? This kind of thinking is stupid. With all the alts that many people create in this game, do you really expect people to go through all the trouble of getting every single datacron sixteen times? Why do people pvp through levels after their fifth or sith alt and skip most side quests? Because it downright sucks running them more than a few times. The datacrons are the same. Nobody wants to make some of those crazy jumps over and over to get the same datacron they got on three previous toons.

The dailies suck also, but unlike so many of the datacrons you do not have to make a million jumps to get them done. Miss one jump on some datacrons and you either start from the beginning or you die and restart. Legacy wide DCs are a good idea. If you don't want to use the perk then don't. But don't call people lazy because they do not want to go after the datacrons for the tenth time. There is way too much tedious grinding in this game. Nothing wrong with removing a little of that grind through the Legacy system.

I hope BW does add a Legacy wide unlock for the datacrons. You would never know who used it because it would not affect your playing one little bit. With all the stupid gear grinding we have to do for pvp/pve/companions on each character we make, removing the grind for datacrons is a good thing.

It's not lazy asking for a Legacy unlock for the DCs. Hell, I bet you would secretly use it. I don't believe for a second that if you made sixteen alts that you would track down every DC on every alt.

Lazy is lazy?

Actually it isn't.. People's desire to make everything legacy because they are to lazy to play the game is stupid..

I fail to see where this thinking that if you accomplish something on your main, your alt should automatically accomplish it..

Why don't you all just delete your alts and just play your mains.. After all, you don't want to play your alts anyways..

Legacy was never meant as an excuse to not do something, or make it so you don't have to do something.. It was never meant to make the game easier..

What you do or accomplish on your main, should have little to no bearing on the accomplishments of an alt.. If you don't want to put fourth the effort to play your alt and gather the datacrons.. Then don't make an alt.. Nobody needs to make anything legacy because people are to lazy to play their alts.. :rolleyes:

The argument about some being hard to get is absurd.. If the game is to hard for you then you know what the only solution is.. It isn't changing the game and ruining it for others.. I don't want to hear that it doesn't effect anyone else.. That is quite simply one of the lamest arguments and excuses out there.. You know darn well it will effect others..

Edited by MajikMyst