How many flirt options can you skip and still do the whole companion romance?

NSaynKnutt

I get very serious with regard to the motivations and personalities of my characters. I'm trying to play my trooper as a professional who follows protocol and tries to treat all his troops with the same amount of respect. I would like to romance Elara, but it doesn't feel right to start flirting with her the first chance you get once she joins your squad. So I wanted to take it a bit more slowly, maybe skip a couple flirt options before finally showing interest. However, my sister tried that on her Knight and ended up not being able to go the whole way with Doc.

So the question is, how many can I skip without messing up the later romance line?

I get very serious with regard to the motivations and personalities of my characters. I'm trying to play my trooper as a professional who follows protocol and tries to treat all his troops with the same amount of respect. I would like to romance Elara, but it doesn't feel right to start flirting with her the first chance you get once she joins your squad. So I wanted to take it a bit more slowly, maybe skip a couple flirt options before finally showing interest. However, my sister tried that on her Knight and ended up not being able to go the whole way with Doc.

So the question is, how many can I skip without messing up the later romance line?

All I can say is that it's tricky... I think you have some time with Elara... since I'm fairly sure she'll ignore your first attempts or shoot them down anyway (kinda like Mako and Vette).

But if you accidentally "reject" her at the wrong moment you'll ruin things permanently.

I've heard of a lot of people making that mistake with several other companions. I think the dialogue should reflect it though.

Just don't keep her waiting for too long if you do decide to take a chance!

If your trooper is really the serious professional you claim then there is no way he would be romancing Elara. It's an entirely inappropriate way to behave and you should cut it out now, soldier!

Sorry, but you can pursue an ill-judged romance with one of your subordinates or you can be a serious professional, but you can't have both.

Edited by PLynkes

If your trooper is really the serious professional you claim then there is no way he would be romancing Elara. It's an entirely inappropriate way to behave and you should cut it out now, soldier!

Sorry, but you can pursue an ill-judged romance with one of your subordinates or you can be a serious professional, but you can't have both.

Pffft, everyone knows the hero of the story always winds up breaking those silly rules. ;)

Especially my DS Chiss Trooper. :cool:

Edited by Callaron

The hero of the story is rarely a serious professional. They are usually reckless but likeable mavericks who buck convention and defy the rules. That's fine and dandy and how we like them, but it's not what the OP claimed to be. Edited by PLynkes

The hero of the story is rarely a serious professional. They are usually reckless but likeable mavericks who buck convention and defy the rules. That's fine and dandy and how we like them, but it's not what the OP claimed to be.

True, but I don't consider him a by-the-book-or-die character. He'll disobey orders if it goes against his conscience (he's a Chiss who I like to think joined the Republic because he hated the Empire's methods). I said he is professional, as in, he's not going to hit on every attractive female in his command. But I would like him to slowly develop a genuine relationship with Elara. There's a difference, at least in my head. And I don't like leaving my toons forever alone. :p