How to make money with underworld trading...

Eterud

Alright, now I've picked up underworld trading, and it is currently 400 skill.

My question is: How could I get more profit with underworld trading?

I have no companion with ut crit%.

Underworld metals: 2-3 missions an hour,

seems to have on average 3 mandalorian irons a day out of 30 missions.

and 2.2 ciridium per mission on average (this is including the ones that loot 4 and the failed missions)

Average cost a day: 30 missions=2700*30= 81000 Credits

Average ciridium a day: 30*2.2= 66 Ciridum

Ciridum price = 600 a piece.

Average income a day for ciridium = 66*600= 39600 Credits

Average income a day for Mandalorian iron's: 3*10000 credits= 30000 credits:

net loss a day: (39600+30000)-81000= -11400

So with having companions an hour for 10 hours a day you lose 11.400 credits by doing underworld missions.

Let's not even talk about luxury items, as they all net in losse's even the purple ones.

So the only possibility that I see is companion gifts:

with a 10 hour day you can have with 30 companions (it simply doesn't give more grade 5 rich missions) 60 missions.

Total costs: 60* 2200= 132000 credits a day.

Total amount of blue's on average a day: 48

Total amount of purple's on average a day: 5

The blue's sell for about 4k credits a piece and the purple ones for 10k credits a piece:

total sales for blue companion gifts a day: 48* 4000= 192000 Credits a day

Total sales for purple companion gifts a day: 5*10000=50000 credits a day:

Total net profit=(192k+50k)-132k= 110k credits profit a day.

that means per hour per companion: (110k/3 companions)/10 hours= 3667 credits profit per hour per companion.

Disclaimer: This calculations are the average number of results I've gotten for several constructive days.

these calculations also do not take in account the gtn cut, and the chance that items actually do not get sold. (some items I got on the gtn for the entire week already at 4k credits a piece for the blue items and did not sell yet)

So my question: How do you guys make money with underworld trading?

To me a maximum average profit per companion per hour of 3667 credits seems incredibly low, especially when there are gear items of multiple millions, and the incredibly high prices for enchantments, augments, mods and so forth at level 50.

Edited by Eterud

Do you try to sell the blue metals from lower grades at reasonable prices ?

I have Cybertech, Synthweaving and Armomech and I'm always in need of those. Only one toon with UT and that's quite short. But when I check the GTN for the blue stuff, damn., so I don't bother with that anymore. I suck it up and farm them myself. Seriously, if you run a 600 creds mission and you get 4 units, selling them 4k a pop is a rip off imo

Hmm, didn't try to do lower grad missions so far,

I've mainly done grade 6 missions (grade 5 rich ones for the companion gifts)

and these are either for the companion gifts: 2200 credits a mission(taking half an hour each)

and 1 hour each for the 2700 credit underworld metal missions.

Hmm, didn't try to do lower grad missions so far,

I've mainly done grade 6 missions (grade 5 rich ones for the companion gifts)

and these are either for the companion gifts: 2200 credits a mission(taking half an hour each)

and 1 hour each for the 2700 credit underworld metal missions.

Definitely try lower-grade missions. Specifically, Grade 3 underworld metals that provide Xonolite. Those usually go for 1,000+. Everyone is running Grade 6 Underworld Metal missions to try to get Mandalorian Iron, which is why the Grade 6 metals sell for much cheaper.

Definitely try lower-grade missions. Specifically, Grade 3 underworld metals that provide Xonolite. Those usually go for 1,000+. Everyone is running Grade 6 Underworld Metal missions to try to get Mandalorian Iron, which is why the Grade 6 metals sell for much cheaper.

True. I run UT to gear alts and not to make credits; there are so many better ways if you are looking for credits. The level 3 Xonolite as well as the Titanium and Quadrinium fund my level 6 missions when I feel like running them. I never sell UT purples. I run a lot of slicing missions and get enough hits there on UT level 6s that I can keep myself in Mando Iron and never buy them or have to run level 6 UTs. As I said, I do run the level 6s every so often when I am in the mood and alhough I do get Mando Irons there, I end up choking on Ciridium which I sell off cheaply just to relieve bag clutter.

I've found the sweet spot for most of these is farming the grade 2-4 stuff and putting it on the GTN. A lot of players are looking to craft gear for thier alts they can use at lower and mid levels and are looking for the blue and purple underworld metals for grade 2-4. That's where I make most of my credits, just selling them in stacks. On my server a lot of the grade 2 stuff goes for 1000k a pop or more depending on the material. Edited by DaShuk

Actually EVERYONE can have a comp that has a +crit to UW trading..you just need to spend the money. You cna buy the droid part that gives your ship droid +2 crit to UW trading. You either need to repair droid in your legacy or go to someones ship that has it and buy the little droid. It is wroth it over time to have

Actually EVERYONE can have a comp that has a +crit to UW trading..you just need to spend the money. You cna buy the droid part that gives your ship droid +2 crit to UW trading. You either need to repair droid in your legacy or go to someones ship that has it and buy the little droid. It is wroth it over time to have

well, to buy things you need to make money first :D

I've got a level 50-32-30-29 and a few between level 10-20 and still didn't reach the 1 million credits total yet :p while I put around 300-350 items per day on the GTN.

• 1 year later...
Then you're doing it wrong. I had 1 million credits on my first character before lvl 30. I have slicing, treasure hunting and underworld trading.

Holy necro.

More than a year old thread and nothing to contribute other than blasting the OP.