How do I beat the spirit of Vaylin???

MarshallSecond

I am stuck on the spirit of Vaylin in chapter nine of Kotet. I am unaible to beat here even though I have gear ranging from 210-230. :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad: The problem is the Memories of healing don't show up often enough and when they do they move away from my going underneath the stairs. :mad::mad::mad::mad: Also she is constantly CCing me to where I go from near max health to getting the health low warning after having to sit their doing nothing. Enjoying Kotet just this is unbearable.

Thanks!

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My strategy was to attack her, run of up stairs for her AOE, run down, and repeat. I would just use a healing memory if I got below 70%. I was able to do it in one try on my vigilance guardian.

I pretty much did the same on my marauder. I had Lord Dramath( I think his name is), from the holocron with me. I stayed in Vaylin's circle at the bottom of the stairs with me facing the stairs. Every time she did her overload thingie, I just ran up the stairs to the throne and as soon as it finished, I ran back down. Wasn't all that hard, just time consuming. I'm not the best player, either...

I beat it with my Vanguard Tank and no Darth Dad. I didn't kill Arcann so I fought only her and it's not really difficult. Just had to interrupt her cc/stun, did my rotation and used cc breaker when the interrupt was on cd. When my health was like 2/3 left, I went to the healing memory. I used all my dcd, even the riot gas lol

When she cast Overload I just moved out of the telegraph and stormed her back after. I don't know, maybe because I'm a tank, and or melee character so I just felt she's kinda easy to beat? :confused:

Edited by StupidWiz

I pretty much did the same on my marauder. I had Lord Dramath( I think his name is), from the holocron with me. I stayed in Vaylin's circle at the bottom of the stairs with me facing the stairs. Every time she did her overload thingie, I just ran up the stairs to the throne and as soon as it finished, I ran back down. Wasn't all that hard, just time consuming. I'm not the best player, either...

A lot of people don't have Lord Dramath though because they chose the LS option on Nathema.

ETA: And not everyone is a melee character. So ranged characters might be taken by surprise at how quickly they get burned down because they're actually burning themselves down due to her reflect shield.

Everything else you said is spot on, and is what people need to do to beat that fight.

Edited by AngFour

Did the same with my jugg after my second attempt. My first attempt I had Arcann killed and Vaylin down to 30% and I did not get out of the way fast enough on one of her force overload which blew me off the edge into the abyss and of course insta-death. Upon returning naturally they reset the entire fight, with Arcann being back. Frustrating, but got her on the second attempt by focusing on her actions and running away when she started casting that stupid ability heh

I have been trying for THREE DAYS with my Vanguard. Didn't realize I should have made the dark side choice in chapter 7 so I'm stuck fighting alone, no heroic moment. I have spent WAY too many credits repairing and crafting to upgrade so that my gear and mods are all in the 208-228 range. I've followed the advice to try to drag her through healing memory - she blasts it away instead. I've followed the advice to get right up in her face inside the purple circle and wail away on her - she knocks me from right next to the stairs over the ledge and I'm dead. I've tried keeping my back right against the wall so I can get the healing memories AND not get knocked over the ledge - she finds a way and off I go. I've got both types of med pacs and sometimes even stay alive long enough for the cooldown to run out so I can use both. I've gotten her down to 1/4 health several times, then she does... something... and I'm dead. She's only a freakin elite, fer cryin out loud! I get that this is the final chapter and she's supposed to be more challenging - but this? I've killed champions solo, and they were a challenge but nothing like this.

I wish I was exaggerating. I don't know if there's some trick to this that I'm just not getting. I don't even want to start KOTET with my other 65's because I don't want to wind up stuck here again.

Did it on my sentinel with both Arcann and Vaylin and without the holocron healer. Died only by getting punted over the edge when fighting Arcann.

While both were up, I focused Arcann and ran in green circle when under 50% HP.

For Vaylin, I moved to have my back to the wall and interrupted what I could. When she did her red circle, I ran out of it. I didn't need any green circle while killing Vaylin.

Stay in her reflective purple circle smacking the absolute crap outta her then when she hits 30 stack of whatever on her run like the freaking wind. Save your fast moves/anti stun for this run. Get outside of the red circle. If you go below 79% health run from her to the back where there are green circles appearing unless she's close to 30. Get her to 30 then run. :)

I think it took me 4-5 tries. First death was getting kicked off the ledge.

I had no holocron companion and was on my merc.

What I had to do was kite...a lot of kiting around the staircase/rock in the middle and hoping the healing circles would be up. Attacking while I was above 1/2 health was useful, and not attacking if I was below it.

position Vaylin between you and the incoming path of the healing sphere

everytime the healing sphere trigger to heal you it will explode in a small radius

as long as vaylin is caught in that healing radius she get damage for a good chunk of

hp and get dazed. you can kill her this way purely using the healing sphere itself.

same goes with valkarion.

What the last previous posters said. I kited her through the healing circles. It damages her quite a bit and stuns. Beat the hell out of her while stunned. I got lucky and found out the circles hurt her on accident on my first attempt. Probably took me 2 or 3 mins.

I beat Vaylin on my first try, but that was a combination of playing a Vanguard that specialized in close combat and knowing what to do going in.

One piece of advice I'd offer on top of what has been mentioned: Vaylin has two stuns. One where she charges at you and locks you in place for a bit, and one where she repeatedly slams you into the ground. Don't bother using the stun break on the first one, because the stun effect only lasts about 2 seconds. The slams are the stun you want to use the break on.

Beyond that, hit her when you can, and don't be afraid to run around looking for healing circles, and always, always run away from her AoE attack.

Actually the heal circles damage her, she doesn't blast them away. They disappear cause she gets damaged.

Those don't do squat. I tried over 6 times with my Merc and the same result everytime: she kills me. With the change that came with 5.0, I saw that I had lost some skills that I had had prior to it leaving lots of holes in my Abilities. So I started the Character over from scratch.

Those don't do squat. I tried over 6 times with my Merc and the same result everytime: she kills me. With the change that came with 5.0, I saw that I had lost some skills that I had had prior to it leaving lots of holes in my Abilities. So I started the Character over from scratch.

You are wrong about the healing circles. I watched her health drop by chunks everytime she got hit by a circle. As for your skills that's your own fault for not looking into the changes before playing.

You are wrong about the healing circles. I watched her health drop by chunks everytime she got hit by a circle. As for your skills that's your own fault for not looking into the changes before playing.

I was in the Circles and nothing happened to Her.

This fight is not particulary difficult, once you realize how it works. Indeed the "healing memories" are a good help.

I died on her once, just being kicked out of the platform, that taught me to pay attention to her kicks and when I saw it coming i simply LOS-ed her. Then tank and spank, run and repeat. Did not have "Lord Drama" or anything else.

Ok, it took me quite some time to finally defeat her, but as per tank class, my damage was rather on low side.

I guess on DPS class it will be much faster.

Though not sure about ranged classes, because there is none i like to play, so my ranged alts are rather not taking part in KofTE/KotET