The Skadge Appreciation Thread

Vagessel

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Skadge brings backbone, and is a tough guy, the kind of guy you bring when soloing!

Blizz is overrated.

technically i agree, though i do love blizz, he's more a mascot than a 'companion'. above pet status, but actually fighting with him is always for laughs (which is a good thing). skadge has character, and i actually do love him, him and guss tuno are my favorites companions. he's so hilariously dumb and vulgar, running around with him feels the most cinematic, he fits the default hardcore bounty hunter persona the best, though gault is a close second.

Keep in mind that I just got skadge an hour ago, but I'm face rolling mobs with him in dps mode (mind you I'm a tech shield). I do avoid the yellow baddies with him though. When I break down and make a healing bh, I'll prolly end up using him a lot. I do have to say that BH's got a good mix for their companion list.

You now top Jun Sarros on my target list.

But I am lovable!

And mostly Evil!

....somehow that does not help my case, I always end up getting hated by someone when I state my opinions on BH companions, if you want my full list of favorites, in order: Mako, Skadge, Torian, Gault, Blizz, EVERYTHING ELSE, the Ship Droid.

:wea_02:

Skadge.....

Yeah. Meathead muscles his way onto the ship...is there any good reason why he doesn't wake up some morning? I can't think of a dang one.

On top of that, he's pretty much worthless to me in a fight, ugly as sin, and I can't stand his comments when sending him off on missions. Yep, I'd really love an option to switch out companions - so and so leaves the crew for new, useful member who I won't mind hauling around the galaxy.

if you want my full list of favorites, in order: Mako, Skadge, Torian, Gault, Blizz, EVERYTHING ELSE, the Ship Droid.

One thing I'll agree with you on is Mako. She is the cutest companion in the game, hands down, even if she does have a kind of little girl mentality. I still can't believe that Blizz, Gault and Torian comes after Skadge, though. The guy is such a douche.

My BH order: Mako, Blizz, Torian, Gault, Skadge

My SW order: Dark Jaesa, Vette, Pierce, Broonmark, Quinn

My JK order: Kira, T7, Doc, Lord Scourge, Rusk

My IA order: Temple, Vector, Lokin, Kaliyo, SCORPIO

• 2 weeks later...

I think it's time to bring something constructive to at least one Skadge thread.

Have to admit, I spoiled my "Skadge romance" - read all the hate topics about him. And they all worked - I hated the poor guy in advance and was seriously thinking of shelving my BH untill carbonizing companions option will be implemented. But I liked BH too much to stop, so finally met legendary hulk. Now I do not understand all that hatred. Seriously, you, guys, are overreacting.

Granted, I knew that choosing option "no way you are coming with me" is pointless, so I took another for face-saving. But to be honest I do not think phrase "I will keep you on a short leash" (1st option) is much better. Yet, he totally bought it and did not mind. He also was ok with previous similar sentence and answered "Want to boss me around? Fine!". Even more, it looks like I promised to let him kill Jedi we were after and then as LS BH broke that promise. I simply felt like I do owe the guy a lift to the next space-port after that. And about his uselessness, not only some of us do prefer to run with a melee tank, when Skadge ask you to give him a lift he literally said "take me with you, I will kill for you". Fair suggestion from a bully like he is.

He _is_ a rude stupid bully, but a comical one. You can make fun of him, insult him or ignore him - he does not complain. I do believe he was one of those companion we could let go in beta (like we could kill Quinn) but he is not half as bad as people say. Actually, if that carbonizing option will ever come to the game I am not sure I will use it on him. And right now my only regret is I did not get Skadge before Alderaan. Man what a fun would it be to see him talking with all those nobles!

Edited by Mirandel

My BH order: Mako, Blizz, Torian, Gault, Skadge

My SW order: Dark Jaesa, Vette, Pierce, Broonmark, Quinn

My JK order: Kira, T7, Doc, Lord Scourge, Rusk

My IA order: Temple, Vector, Lokin, Kaliyo, SCORPIO

you picked the chick companion as your primary for EVERY character

so sad.

I think it's time to bring something constructive to at least one Skadge thread.

Have to admit, I spoiled my "Skadge romance" - read all the hate topics about him. And they all worked - I hated the poor guy in advance and was seriously thinking of shelving my BH untill carbonizing companions option will be implemented. But I liked BH too much to stop, so finally met legendary hulk. Now I do not understand all that hatred. Seriously, you, guys, are overreacting.

Granted, I knew that choosing option "no way you are coming with me" is pointless, so I took another for face-saving. But to be honest I do not think phrase "I will keep you on a short leash" (1st option) is much better. Yet, he totally bought it and did not mind. He also was ok with previous similar sentence and answered "Want to boss me around? Fine!". Even more, it looks like I promised to let him kill Jedi we were after and then as LS BH broke that promise. I simply felt like I do owe the guy a lift to the next space-port after that. And about his uselessness, not only some of us do prefer to run with a melee tank, when Skadge ask you to give him a lift he literally said "take me with you, I will kill for you". Fair suggestion from a bully like he is.

He _is_ a rude stupid bully, but a comical one. You can make fun of him, insult him or ignore him - he does not complain. I do believe he was one of those companion we could let go in beta (like we could kill Quinn) but he is not half as bad as people say. Actually, if that carbonizing option will ever come to the game I am not sure I will use it on him. And right now my only regret is I did not get Skadge before Alderaan. Man what a fun would it be to see him talking with all those nobles!

Can't wait to get him to see what he's like!

As for the nobles on Alderaan, just make an IA. Kalyio says something along the lines of, "I've never been inside a palace before. Makes you want to kick out the nobles and run around naked." haha!

Ok I've never posted before but I had to to this. skadge is the only good BH companion I hated all the others. ok Makos cute once you customize her, but frack off with the goody 2 shoes only decisions, torrian and gault are skinny wuses both have annoying voices. At least skadge is tough and mean and likes to kill stuff he fits with the bh persona. Every time i look at the other companiosn I think why oh why are they on my ship? they come off as pube characters and I was so pissed off when it turned out that gualt was a companion and I wasnt going to get to kill the annoying Bastich. Skadge is like a bipedal hutt who thinks hes the hulk. I like that. SKADGE SMASH!!

Well....

He's not my favorite. (that's Blizz)

He's not in the top 10.

But he ranks above Tharan & Ashara, and I'd push them out an airlock far quicker.

I wouldn't say he grew on me. (and that's a disgusting image) But whenever he says, "If it will shut you up," when I order him on a mission, I am strangely pleased. When I try to order him off my ship, and he feels I'm joking, I kinda warm to him. Tharan & Ashara, however, could meet any grisly fate, & I'd be cheering.

I'm not finished with his story - I'm guessing there's no tender, cute, adorable twists, and generally I cringe when he talks, but I don't think I'd abandon him.