Gree invansion imminent?

DarthRobert

I'm somewhat concerned about the intent of the Gree in this latest event. From what I've seen of the background information, it appears to boil down to the fact that they are measuring our combat abilities and fighting capactiy. We have seen this sort of thing before:

Belsavis, where the Republic were pitting species against one another in order to analyse they're cultural combat tactics and their advantages/disadvantages over other species.

Are the Gree analysing our strengths and weaknesses in lieu of a mass invasion of known space?

Discuss.

Nota bonum: purely speculation.

I'm glad to see someone else posted about this. Because honestly, this was the first thing that popped into my own mind. If someone's out to test and analyze your combat styles and capability, what the heck are they going to use that data for? Realistically, an invasion seems to top the list.

Yet here we are cooperating and hurling ourselves into danger so they can learn all of our strengths and weaknesses. Seems a bit weak, story-wise, IMO. But I guess we should be grateful that at least it's something to do.

Edited by Ayradyss

Well, Empire and Republic trying to get hold of advanced technology to win destroy the other side, being blinded by their dreams of power, forgetting nothing is free. So yeah, I 100% believe there is a big twist later, be it invasion or something I dont know of course, but I dont see the story as weak, but logical result of arrogance and thirst to destroy one another.

I believe this is a very likely possibility. Sort of awkward since the Gree are helping to rebuild Coruscaunt, but I would be rather surprised if an upcoming expansion doesn't include a Gree invasion.

The only question I have left is...why?

They were a galactic power before the Infinite Empire was even a dream is some Rakata's mind. The Republic is crippled and in their debt, the Empire is racked by revolts and defections. Both the Jedi and Sith have been decimated by the Great Galactic War (the Jedi have taken to training Flesh Raiders and Sith while the Sith are training Jedi POWs and slaves they've both become so desperate for bodies). An invasion of the Empire and independent worlds and a Republic that isn't in a position to resist or even complain would make sense if the Gree have gotten patriotic and nogalistic for their glory days.

Have no fear, if they do invade they lose and the Republic rules in hegemony for 3,000 years. :p

Well we have a few empires out there that could start a war, the Hutt Cartel is. Then in the SWTOR we still have remnants of the infinite empire, the Gree who are obviously up to something, and even the Yuuzhan Vong have been seen in the galaxy (300 years ago). I always thought it would be cool if we finally found out what caused that force plague in the infinite empire was created in a lab by a race of non-force or mostly non-force user race. Such as the Yuuzhan Vong or Gree =)

Well we have a few empires out there that could start a war, the Hutt Cartel is. Then in the SWTOR we still have remnants of the infinite empire, the Gree who are obviously up to something, and even the Yuuzhan Vong have been seen in the galaxy (300 years ago). I always thought it would be cool if we finally found out what caused that force plague in the infinite empire was created in a lab by a race of non-force or mostly non-force user race. Such as the Yuuzhan Vong or Gree =)

The Yuuzhan Vong aren't actually a non-Force race. Same thing happened to them that happened to the Rakata. Sorry, just had to nitpick.

so in the gree event description it discusses learning what the gree are up to, i have done all the content except for xeno hm so i thought i would know if it was revealed what they are doing

but just in case i dont i ask in chat, all i get is the trollish "they say so on fleet" i honestly cant believe people are so naive, anyway i also think they are

A. being forced to do this by the dreadmaster against their will

B. they are planning an invasion

A is more likely i think

For the most part, they reminded me more of the Collectors. I mean;

- Enigmatic alien race

- Significantly more advanced than the rest of the galaxy

- Willing to barter that technology in exchange for fulfilling strange requests, with no explanation given as to why. What is it you want this Iraida DNA for again? Right. Advancing red parralel. That explains so much.

That quest aboard the Grey Secant makes me a tad suspicious, too. "Board the Grey Secant", they said. "Additional data generation" they said. "Threat analysis" they said, after I'd activated the consoles and defeated the detection algorithm droid.

...Wait, what? Threat analysis?

Edited by Bleeters

so in the gree event description it discusses learning what the gree are up to, i have done all the content except for xeno hm so i thought i would know if it was revealed what they are doing

but just in case i dont i ask in chat, all i get is the trollish "they say so on fleet" i honestly cant believe people are so naive, anyway i also think they are

A. being forced to do this by the dreadmaster against their will

B. they are planning an invasion

A is more likely i think

So the only problem with theory A is 1) it seemed like the Dreadmasters were so absurdly powerful in the final EC cutscene that they really don't care about our fighting capabilities (part of why killing 3 of them in TFB seems so absurd to me. I guess there's 8 of us but still). And 2) if the dreadmasters are controlling the gree, why did the gree come get us to help them on Astasion? I just think B, or a completely unknown option C, is way more likely at the moment (Possibly the dreadmasters were trying to stop the gree for the good of the galaxy? Though that seems HIGHLY unlikely).

I doubt the gree will invade. If you take the time to read about the gray secant ship you will understand its porpuse, and that the gree themselfs dont even control that ship.

Also their warrior caste is extint presumely. Maybe they return?! I doubt that the gree will invade but maybe something else, an old enemy of the gree perhaps.

Besides the hutts will rise pretty soon.

Edited by Spartanik

it seemed like the Dreadmasters were so absurdly powerful in the final EC cutscene that they really don't care about our fighting capabilities (part of why killing 3 of them in TFB seems so absurd to me. I guess there's 8 of us but still).

"We are more forgiving than the Masters."

The Dread Guard are just random dudes.

Edited by Bleeters

(part of why killing 3 of them in TFB seems so absurd to me. I guess there's 8 of us but still).

I've never done ops (playing one mission for 1 hour or so doesn't appeal to me, at least not for a while), but which three do you kill? I have a fanfic going and I need to know which ones are still alive.

You mean that you don't know what they mean when they say that blue obtuse is coming, so black parallels need to move towards white perpendicular, because otherwise orange acutes will be hit by green bisectors?

uuhhhhhhh. . . . . . .

Rdineag tihs jsut belw a fsue in my biran.