Is Matchmaking broken?

BadNewzzz

I don't know if it just me, maybe it just feels like it...

But when i play my sorc i have 3-4 other sorc on my team so healing is no problem but when i play my sin i have 3-4 other sins on my team today i played 7 games with sorc and not one game have i been the only healer. And i also played 8 games with my sin and in 5 games i had no healer at all and in the other 3 we only had 1 healer.

So is it just me or do the matchmaker like to stack same class together? im talking pug games ofc, any decent premade would have healer with them so for them it would be no problem.

Anyone else notice this?

according to BW's numbers that came out of the guild summit, Sorc's make up 1/5 of all the characters in the game so you'll never be the only one.

Conversely, in the 2 wz's i was in today, i was the only smuggler. I noticed 1 IA on the other side.

I generally see at least one other merc on my team, and quite often there are two others. However, there are 3 distinct flavors of us-bodyguard, arsenal, and pyro (I'm a pyro). While we are all part of the merc subclass, we are very different in utility. The other classes are the same way, so it's not like we're all cookie cutters.

More to the point... there is no matchmaking. :D

Edited by Bamajawn

according to BW's numbers that came out of the guild summit, Sorc's make up 1/5 of all the characters in the game so you'll never be the only one.

Conversely, in the 2 wz's i was in today, i was the only smuggler. I noticed 1 IA on the other side.

But i played 8 games with my sin and in only 2-3 of them i had a sorc healer the other 2-3 games was merc healers.

I dont think it is strange when i see alot of sorc when i play it myself but when i play my assassin and we are 3-5 assassins on the team then there is something strange going on.

4 voidstar games and only in one game we had 1 healer, and not one of them games did the repubs have less then 3 healers, in one they had even 6 of them. so sages got stacked for them and for us sins got stacked.

First come first serve, im not so sure.

• 5 months later...

No, matchmaking isn't broken.

Because it doesn't exist.

If it dids with, I wouldn't have entire undergeared and underskilled teams against premades with full war hero gear on a regular basis.

Edited by Exitusx
grammar

there is no matchmaker.

its first come first served.

worst queue system since vanilla wow.

Exactly. TOR's system consists of:

1) Does Side A have at least 6 players in queue?

2) Does Side B have at least 6 players in queue?

3) If yes, begin match.

There is no matchmaking.