No Valor Gained - Need an official response

Valeena

Guildies telling me this is an intentional mechanic to prevent farming.

If so, it's yet another example of BW not learning anything from other games. They didn't initially put in a system of diminishing returns for valor gains on kills so now they take the easy road and integrate a simpler system like this.

They've said repeatedly that they're surprised at the interest in PvP from the player base which tells me a couple things. One, they're dumb. Two, they never intended this game to be highly PvP-based (which we already knew). Three, they're going to let PvPers quit.

Austin should probably stop fiddiling with Ilum and making it more and more frustrating.

Yes Kill trading is *insert explicitive, dergatory statement adjective etc.*.

It probably affects a lot of servers, not mine, but I'm lucky.

But maybe instead of fooling around with DR timers, rate limits, kill caps, they should address the fundamental issues like population imbalance(like actually figure out a way to even out the odds in 24vs70 ala WAR with siege turrets and buffs), and promote people to stay other than grind a daily, which involves mainly buffing people as the whole place reminds me of dialup internet.

These issues are what promote kill trading. On small servers, kill trading is probably the only way to get anything done, as 5v5 is not very exciting and takes forever. On heavily skewed server with 10:1 Empire, Empire needs to kill trade to get the Republic to show up, because the Republic are outnumbered 10:1.

I don't know what the solutions are as my educational background is in microelectronics engineering and IC design, but I am sure Austin should have some intelligent people there to come up with something viable. But if Biowre needs a 16bit adder designed within 80% tolerances with a switch time in the femtoseconds, I got their back-they will however have to outsource the manufacturing.

Rate limits..... well that is just plain silly. You punish the players on pvp servers who aren't kill trading but just duking it out on Ilum because some players are? There should be no limits. Period.

I have found that by dying the DR seems to disappear almost immediately. So ironically, the DR on valor seems to be ENCOURAGING kill trading.

This is just stupid and symptomatic of the massive problem of Ilum as it stands today.

I agree with everyone else on the board who has suggested scrapping the damn thing and starting over.

It is just pointless. There are no bragging rights for Imps or Reps in camping your adversary's base or nodes. It is just about raw numbers. Nor is there any glory in armament capturing. If there aren't enough enemy around, you just compete with your own faction in collecting armaments.

I know BW knows all of this and can do better!!!!!

i didn't think this was a bug i just thought it was bad pvp design like everything else in the game.

Its annoying as crap but the way the zerg daily grinding works there is no way around having it open Kting or this..

Buggy and inconsistent. Love getting capped right before a big battle happens.

All the more reason the kill dailies need to go away!