What skills to use as Imperial Assassin?

bhoevelaken

Hello, I just came back since I quitted february,

I was very confused about the skills and did not understand what to use.

But now I am back, and I would be greatful if someone would know what skills I should use,

and in which order. There are simply too many and I am getting overwhelmed by them..

I am a level 22 Imperial assassin

Edited by bhoevelaken

define quitted?

Might want to state what your build is first

With quitted I mean not knowing what I am doing, though logging in sometimes and wonder around cities to see the architecture.

And my build would be 5/5/3, I mainly want to be dps. :)

DPS is pretty broad here.

PVP DPS, or PVE DPS? Do you prefer WoW Rouge style play or would you rather be a DOT based Ranged Melee Hybrid? Also just one thing you should have noticed, the points spent higher in the skill tree offer much better benefit than the skills lower in the skill tree. You should probably pick one tree and put your points into that one tree, unless you want to be a true hybrid and spend in 2 tress equally. Some people think that these are the best for some situations, personally I just prefer getting deep into a tree and once I am done there picking where to place my last 10-11 points.

DPS is pretty broad here.

PVP DPS, or PVE DPS? Do you prefer WoW Rouge style play or would you rather be a DOT based Ranged Melee Hybrid? Also just one thing you should have noticed, the points spent higher in the skill tree offer much better benefit than the skills lower in the skill tree. You should probably pick one tree and put your points into that one tree, unless you want to be a true hybrid and spend in 2 tress equally. Some people think that these are the best for some situations, personally I just prefer getting deep into a tree and once I am done there picking where to place my last 10-11 points.

I would rather be a WoW Rouge, also, yeah I noticed you should put it in only one of the three lines, but I saw a guide and they said I should do 5 in the first 3 in the last and all others into the middle one, I don't really know though, any tips will be extremely appreciated

I would rather be a WoW Rouge, also, yeah I noticed you should put it in only one of the three lines, but I saw a guide and they said I should do 5 in the first 3 in the last and all others into the middle one, I don't really know though, any tips will be extremely appreciated

That is correct, but you grab the main tree first. IE at 50 you should have them spread out, but while leveling put them all in one tree.

The middle tree (Deception) is the one closer to a WoW Rogue. I second the recommendation to respec and put all your skill points into it until you reach the top.

Check out this guide:

http://www.noxxic.com/swtor/pve/sith-inquisitor/sith-assassin/deception

It will give you sample skill tree builds and "rotations", that is, what skill and in which order you should use. It is geared towards level 50 characters, so it will mention a bunch of skills you don't have yet, but it is a good starting point.