Guild tax for the guild bank..

MajikMyst

Please setup a mechanic so that the game generates an additional % of credits and deposits them into the guild bank as guild members play the game and earn credits..

Example..

Player completes quest and earns 100 credits.. The game will generate an additional 5 credits to deposit in the guild bank under players name.. Assuming the % is set to 5%..

That way players don't lose money and the the guild bank gets a little money on the side..

This will help guilds in so many ways.. Purchasing bank tabs.. Using the guild bank for repairs.. Purchasing mats on the GTN for guildies.. It also solves the problem of getting people to donate to the guild bank.. :)

A taxing system would be great but not as you mentioned 100 credits + tax

Instead it should be 100 credits - tax since its a deduction. This also gives a new incentive for guilds to be active about their finances and adds an interesting spectrum

Do you really think people would go for actually being forced to pay a tax??? Come on?? The only way it would work is if it was game generated and at no real cost to the player.. Especially with repair costs the way they are?? Using their money to buy mats for 63 gear.. Sorry.. I just don't think an out right tax would work... :)

Edited by MajikMyst

Do you really think people would go for actually being forced to pay a tax??? Come on?? The only way it would work is if it was game generated and at no real cost to the player.. Especially with repair costs the way they are?? Using their money to buy mats for 63 gear.. Sorry.. I just don't think an out right tax would work... :)

Thats why Im saying itll add an interesting spectrum, how will guilds implement this? Guilds should be allowed to change the taxrate to their own desire of course so that people who use repair funds dont do so by freeloading off others and a 5% rate is very little, I doubt anyone will miss it

Thats why Im saying itll add an interesting spectrum, how will guilds implement this? Guilds should be allowed to change the taxrate to their own desire of course so that people who use repair funds dont do so by freeloading off others and a 5% rate is very little, I doubt anyone will miss it

The other issue is, guilds may start little mini wars with this tax thing.. People may start looking for the guild that charges the least amount of tax.. Which in my opinion is not a good dynamic.. Not every one does dailies, not everyone sells tons of stuff on the GTN.. Some people can barely afford to pay their own repair costs.. It would still end up that a few players are paying for the repair costs of the many..

With the game generating the money, it doesn't make much difference.. The tax rate would be set globally by the game, so there is no competition.. Players that do their dailies and sell tons of stuff aren't burdoned with the players that don't.. It is just a win win all the way around to simply have the game generate it..

With all the threads about repair costs, you know that Bioware setting a global player paid tax level for all guilds.. Would do nothing but prompt more complaints that the tax is to high or why they are paying it in the first place.. Some folks may opt to not be in a guild to avoid the tax, which is not good for guilds.. Sorry.. I still feel that game generated is the only way to go.. :)

Edited by MajikMyst

It seems like an error of terminology, you are describing more of generated interest, rather than a tax. It could be called a Guild Bonus.

It's a great idea, and there's a further possibility, that in addition to guild interest being generated on the credits earned by individual players, there should be a flat interest earned on the Guild account balance. This could encourage guilds in a very major way. You definitely can't deduct an amount from what the player would otherwise receive... it would have to be an additional funds that's only generated if the player is in fact a member of a guild. I think Republic guilds should earn slightly more guild interest than Imperial guilds. :-D

It seems like an error of terminology, you are describing more of generated interest, rather than a tax. It could be called a Guild Bonus.

It's a great idea, and there's a further possibility, that in addition to guild interest being generated on the credits earned by individual players, there should be a flat interest earned on the Guild account balance. This could encourage guilds in a very major way. You definitely can't deduct an amount from what the player would otherwise receive... it would have to be an additional funds that's only generated if the player is in fact a member of a guild. I think Republic guilds should earn slightly more guild interest than Imperial guilds. :-D

Well.. Whatever you want to call it.. They need to work on guild income if they expect us to be able to spend such outragious prices for bank tabs.. We are at the 15mil. mark for our next tab.. We bought the last tab becasue of the generosity of a single guildie.. In either case.. This is something that should have been in the game from the start.. Of course we didn't even have banks back then.. :)

This idea is great!

I vote that the "tax" be replaced by a "contribution" that is given to the guilds by the all-powerful Wizard of BioWare. We are Taxed Enough Already. :D

In my opinion, these "extra" credits will not harm the economy. I say that because, in my expierience, the majority of players do not use their guild's credits when it comes time to repair their below-50 toons. Now raiding guilds have a much-different situation - those "extra" credits will certainly come in handy.

I agree with darthzax if the tax came from midair it would inflate the game currency.so we need a straight out tax so it wont damage the economy.

I had to LOL at this post because the game's economy is already destroyed. It became destroyed the moment the dev's decided it was a good idea to allow people to craft the highest level elder game gear, and allow Cartel Market items to be sold for credits on the GTN. I can buy something of value on the Cartel Market and sell it a day and a half later for nearly 5x the amount of credits I would be able to buy from illegal credit selling websites. Also, as far as selling end game mods, I bet every person on these forums knows the name of the major armoring/mod/enhancement crafters on their respective servers. Those crafters can quite literally buy EVERYTHING on the GTN and really destroy the economy. It's so bad, in fact, that if you are a new crafter trying to make some credits, no one will buy from you because you're still asking for tips whereas the major crafters have made so much money that you just have to give them the mats.

There is literally no problem with them adding bonus credits to the Guild Bank when people complete quests and kill mobs. In fact, there being no problem is the reason that any game with Guild Perks has this very idea presented by the OP as one of the Guild Perks.

A taxing system would be great but not as you mentioned 100 credits + tax

Instead it should be 100 credits - tax since its a deduction. This also gives a new incentive for guilds to be active about their finances and adds an interesting spectrum

Best idea also the part when someone said the tax rate could be changed by guild master, it is difficult sometimes to cap somebodies spending especially if they are a good edition to the guild on a social level, with this tax system they would be contributing to the guild with their credits and not generated income.

The other issue is, guilds may start little mini wars with this tax thing.. People may start looking for the guild that charges the least amount of tax.. Which in my opinion is not a good dynamic.. Not every one does dailies, not everyone sells tons of stuff on the GTN.. Some people can barely afford to pay their own repair costs.. It would still end up that a few players are paying for the repair costs of the many..

With the game generating the money, it doesn't make much difference.. The tax rate would be set globally by the game, so there is no competition.. Players that do their dailies and sell tons of stuff aren't burdoned with the players that don't.. It is just a win win all the way around to simply have the game generate it..

With all the threads about repair costs, you know that Bioware setting a global player paid tax level for all guilds.. Would do nothing but prompt more complaints that the tax is to high or why they are paying it in the first place.. Some folks may opt to not be in a guild to avoid the tax, which is not good for guilds.. Sorry.. I still feel that game generated is the only way to go.. :)

I'll have to agree with DarthZak and go for the guild setting the tax rate. You say it's "not a good dynamic" for people to pick guilds based on tax, but I don't really see why it's not. There are plenty of massive "open to everyone" guilds that blind invite level 1 characters. Most of these guilds (I'd imagine) are a running joke on their respective server for how bad their players are (which is inevitable when you just pick up randoms). Giving a reason to pick one guild over another would be a real reason for people to pick their guild - since it seems 90% of people just want to pick a guild to be in a guild.

Besides, there is always that one a-hole who makes tons of money in the guild, brags about how much he makes, and then never donates one cent to the guild bank. A guild tax would be a great way to get people to pay their share instead of freeloading off the guild bank.

The idea is to have the money for the guild generated for free. Everyone earns the normal credits for all game activities (killing mobs, completing any type of mission, running companion missions, etc), and the credits generated for the guild bank are extra credits that are generated for free, and are immediately deposited in the player's guild's bank.

For the player it's the same amount of credit earnings for everything whether in a guild or not, and if the player IS a member of a guild, that guild receives some guild bonus credits every time the player is awarded credits for any reason. Maybe even a small percentage of bonus credits for GTN Sales...

Oh, this is a COOL idea. :) It would certainly help encourage folks to get guilded, as guild assets can be used to defray those annoying repair costs.

Being able to automatically pay repair costs from the guild bank would not be a feasible idea. Not only would the small % of Bonus Funds that get slowly deposited into the guild bank (as guild members earn credits around the galaxy) not be able to keep up with the repair costs of the entire guild, there would be inconsiderate guild members in most guilds that would then use it as an excuse to be careless in their battles, since with repair-auto-pay there's no perceived penalty to themselves for losing a battle.

It's the same dynamic I've seen in-game where I, as the healer in an FP, was healing the Tank in our group as he went careening into every next battle without even pausing to regroup or to rest to full health, and was causing near-death scenarios constantly... all because he figured my heals were good enough (I probably had a mixture of Columi/Rakata) that there should be no problems whatsoever. The kicker is that he scoffed at me when I said he needed to slow down in the FP.

The point being, there will very often be people who misuse what resources they see at their fingertips.

Funny, Meridius does have a "repair fund" for its members, and folks have been shockingly honest and reliable when contributing to the kitty. It just requires them to go to the Fleet all the time, instead of finding a way to throw a few bucks in after a particularly good night of raiding.

If there was the additional Guild Bonus in which interest credits were earned on the Guild's bank balance, then not only would guilds become subtly assisted according to the size of the guild, but it would enable Guilds to fund themselves through an initial endowment of funds. With a sizeable endowment (usually from the founding members) and a weekly interest-earnings summary, a guild could get into the habit of only spending whatever amount of credits was earned in interest for the week.

This would lead to genuine financial planning, large scale spending policies, and long-term viability for guilds to help along new members through financial assistance.

If they implemented a tax for guild banks that would absolutely suck. I never use guild banks in my guild, and never will. I farm my own mats if i need something crafted, pay my own repair bills, and always craft stuff for free (I farm mats for guildies if they need something crafted). Why should I be taxed whenever I make creds? I help out anyone who needs it. people need creds, ask for donations. 250k a month is not even 1 day of dailies.