Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Error 9000

smartbarley
08.25.2015 , 10:45 PM | #1
I have been having this issue for a few weeks. I've tried customer support only to get a response that did not help. I've tried multiple of things including making sure it's on Admin mode and windows 7 compatibility was working. I had the game crash and go straight to the character selection screen every 30 mins. After making sure Admin mode and Win7 was on, it gives an error 9000 after 2 hours. Now it's at 1 hour before it gives that error and sends me to the character selection screen. Tried to ask for in game support with absolutely no help (thanks for being lazy Customer Support). They always send me to the forums posts of old and by old I mean posts back in 2012 old. I have this on 3 different devices. It started on my gaming laptop and I was told to make sure the connection wasn't on wifi. So I switched to my gaming desktop (which is beast for any game all the way up to 4k resolution) which is connected straight into the modem. I even tried this on a Surface Pro 3 which I'm surprised that it works ok on. No matter if i'm on a wireless, or wired, or even a tablet, same exact issue. I say this as someone mentioned it was a RAM issue. But that doesn't make sense that 3 different devices including the desktop I made would have an issue.

Now mind you, this only happens on this game. I have zero issues on an Alpha game such as Star Citizen. So obviously a RAM issue just doesn't make any sense. If it was a RAM issue, I should be having issues on pretty much all games to the point of having BSOD's which doesn't happened.

I stopped playing this game for a few years, and absolutely angry this game is still having problems which I'm thinking of leaving as soon as this month is up as I came back for guildies and put a 2 month re-sub for 12Xxp bonus.

I hate to leave this game absolutely disappointed again so I"m hoping someone knows how to fix this issue.

OwenBrooks
08.26.2015 , 01:02 AM | #2
Error 9000 is a communication issue , I would be looking at firewalls including modem firewalls , antivirus etc ensure both launcher.exe and swtor.exe are in all the lists.

see if it persists using a VPN like www.wtfast.com or www.hotspotshield.com as tests

OwenBrooks
08.26.2015 , 01:05 AM | #3
grab www.pingplotter.com and set it to trace to the server IP then have it running in the background while you play the game in say window mode.

See if it records anything occurring at the time of disconnect

•If you play on an East Coast server: 159.153.92.28
•If you play on a West Coast server: 159.153.68.252
•If you play on a European server: 159.153.72.252

smartbarley
08.26.2015 , 06:11 PM | #4
So what your saying it could be a problem via my internet speeds? I have Comcrap i mean Comcast as that's what I can get for my area and I supposedly have 30 M/bs speed. How come I don't have problems with other games though? I do play tons of games mostly MMO"S with zero issue. The links you sent seem to mostly be for speeding up the lag in games. I'll try pingplotter, however I'm curious how that should fix the game.

OwenBrooks
08.27.2015 , 01:56 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by smartbarley View Post
I'll try pingplotter, however I'm curious how that should fix the game.
It doesn't fix anything it is recording what is occurring at the time of disconnect ....

smartbarley
08.27.2015 , 10:12 PM | #6
I've noticed it goes off an IP from San Jose. I presume that's where the server is located &ae-2-70.ear2.SanJose1.Level3.net.

I have the IP if you are interested.

OwenBrooks
08.27.2015 , 10:30 PM | #7
If you just mean one hop isn't responding , that just means it is configured to not to respond to ICMP , not normally means anything is wrong. that can usually be ignored.

smartbarley
08.28.2015 , 07:10 PM | #8
It's saying packet loss on that IP. Not sure how to fix it, but that seems to be the reason why I keep getting DC. Do you need the IP address of the error?

OwenBrooks
08.29.2015 , 02:03 AM | #9
If that packet loss doesn't appear after any further hops ignore it

remove win 7 compat off the game files , ensure game shortcut, launcher.exe and swtor.exe all have no compat modes, if these are not all the same weird stuff can occur like no server lists etc. also ensure however that run as admin is on the shortcut.

Given however this isn't just one system by the looks , try using www.hotspotshield.com (test) and see if it still occurs

If you can upload that ping plot saved as a jpg somewhere and link it here to look at would be handy

smartbarley
08.29.2015 , 04:09 PM | #10
If there's a way of adding pictures to the forum I would. However I don't see a button to do that.