Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

4-7 fps in war zones. Please help.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service (Read-Only)
4-7 fps in war zones. Please help.

Alericus
08.29.2015 , 11:53 AM | #11
Honestly simple put its too old. I don't want you to waste much more trying to get this thing to work in gaming. In fact if you check out a lot of the "the game isnt working for me" threads the common things are

wireless & laptop.

The other aspect is your ISP(Internet Service Provider ie Comcast etc) many of them throttle connections meaning they cap how much speed youll get, oh they'll claim otherwise and deny it when you call the support number but its a well known and annoying problem..worldwide with ISP's.

So simply put, if you can afford it get a new gaming system, I prefer PCs but if you want a laptop get a gaming laptop

Do your online research do not just go to the local Bestbuy , Office Depot or Walmart and ask the wandering redshirt wht he/she thinks...and if your cousin/brother/uncle says they can get you one, probably not.
Alaricus
"Through Strength I Gain Power!"

Kyuuu
08.29.2015 , 01:19 PM | #12
ping has no barring on FPS ping is related to if you lag in game.

OwenBrooks
08.29.2015 , 06:30 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by DogMeat View Post
I agree with the CPU being not a gaming type...but.
You have 4gb ram? Running winx.. that may/is not enough.
If so add more ram at least to 8gb and see what goes..
Clean boot using the non streaming launcher will be best - https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929135 this will free up as much resources as possible

also check between fullscreen and fullscreen (window) and window mode and see if any run better then the other , it is certainly possible to be different.

TominatorBriss
08.29.2015 , 06:38 PM | #14
Use this guide and see if you can get anything out of it, ive used this as a bible when playing swtor on my laptops

http://www.covenantofthephoenix.com/...ing-framerate/

if this guide can improve my performance on nvidia and amd graphics with intel cpus then im sure this guide can atleast give you 10 - 20 fps increase P.s its given me 30-40 on my current laptop lenovo g710 i5 with dual graphis intels (whatever number) and nvidia 720m 1gb graphics

OwenBrooks
08.29.2015 , 06:43 PM | #15
For the OP, From that link above in your case don't worry about Farclipscale it is no longer adjustable in the ini file so even if you put that in the client_settings file it will be ignored

and swtor unleashed is no good to use with only having 4gb system ram , other wise the other steps are fine to try

RobTWC
08.30.2015 , 12:34 AM | #16
Well another night trying to find the issue, I tried unparking the CPUs and playing around with the virtual memory to use part of my hdd as extra RAM to name a few. Still nothing helped, it's just weird how nothing I've tried seems to point to a specific problem for example not enough ram or the CPU is just too old now.

Think it's time to unsub and just wait till Battlefront comes out now.

Cheers anyway guys.