Leveling in PvP

Azygous

PvP would probably be pretty competitive if not better if you had an incredibly high win rate. Unfortunately (especially in low lvl bracket) you're often playing with derpaderps who dont even know to stay on a node... I was pvp lvling a healer last night, got left at every node after going out to defend.....

Imo PvP whilst throwing in class quests would be a very quick way to level, more so if you bought the legacy boosts.

I generally just buy rank 5 of each as soon as I know i really like the char and continue it, makes leveling way quicker + throwing in the generic xp gain cartel items makes it a total breeze.

Edited by Jeeses

storyline is always faster then pvp leveling since the games start. Don't skip bonus missions and do a few operations. Your dailies and weeklies give awesome exp at every level. I mix in and make sure I get the daily and weekly pvp if its available.

If you win then great you will get competitive exp but honestly if your pugging it wont be great. The new WZ seems to give a good amount of exp regardless.

Edited by Kegparty

Is it the same situation 50>>55?

I leveled 50-54 with random PvP in like 3 days or something whilst also roleplaying and doing other things, not just straight queuing for WZs. It's do-able. Yeah, it might be faster to quest, but I enjoyed myself and capped my comms.

PvP would probably be pretty competitive if not better if you had an incredibly high win rate. Unfortunately (especially in low lvl bracket) you're often playing with derpaderps who dont even know to stay on a node... I was pvp lvling a healer last night, got left at every node after going out to defend.....

Imo PvP whilst throwing in class quests would be a very quick way to level, more so if you bought the legacy boosts.

I generally just buy rank 5 of each as soon as I know i really like the char and continue it, makes leveling way quicker + throwing in the generic xp gain cartel items makes it a total breeze.

Oh don't get me started, was in CW last night and as the match was waiting to start, I said "ok, what's the plan?" hoping to get a response from group leader. Eventually, she popped in her chat "2-6-0" Fair enough, tried and true!

So, on the speeders we went! then, the speeder landing point and we set off. 3-2-3 :mad:

Needless to say, we lost!

OP, leveling in PVP can take a very long time after a while. Instead, try focusing on story, bonus missions and heroics. Also, be sure to grab as many PVP dailies and weeklies as possible, they will give your XP a much needed kick up the bum :D

Edited by chimex

Oh don't get me started, was in CW last night and as the match was waiting to start, I said "ok, what's the plan?" hoping to get a response from group leader. Eventually, she popped in her chat "2-6-0" Fair enough, tried and true!

So, on the speeders we went! then, the speeder landing point and we set off. 3-2-3 :mad:

Needless to say, we lost!

OP, leveling in PVP can take a very long time after a while. Instead, try focusing on story, bonus missions and heroics. Also, be sure to grab as many PVP dailies and weeklies as possible, they will give your XP a much needed kick up the bum :D

Not sure how you lost 3-2-3 unless your team couldn't hold the nodes they should have gotten. Unless the opposing side saw you all going to their node and decided to abandon mid. I usually do 1-5-2 or 2-4-2, with the two going to the opposing team's turret being myself and my boyfriend (stealthers). Cap both nodes, fall out of mid after the enemy team is distracted and then defend like crazy. Usually keep 2 good defenders on each node and send the rest of the team to block the inevitable zerg wherever it hits.

Then again, pugs suck at following directions, so... XD

Not sure how you lost 3-2-3 unless your team couldn't hold the nodes they should have gotten. Unless the opposing side saw you all going to their node and decided to abandon mid. I usually do 1-5-2 or 2-4-2, with the two going to the opposing team's turret being myself and my boyfriend (stealthers). Cap both nodes, fall out of mid after the enemy team is distracted and then defend like crazy. Usually keep 2 good defenders on each node and send the rest of the team to block the inevitable zerg wherever it hits.

Then again, pugs suck at following directions, so... XD

Pretty much the highlighted. they could not hold a node for very long at all. We managed to grab mid eventually. The two of us there guarded, called incs and nobody came. I don't embarrass easily, but a 6 medal average on the scoreboard confirmed my suspicions that these were not very good players.(in case you're wondering, I got 11, the team leader sat on a not too shabby 12)

Edit: I agree, those combinations can be effective with a well coordinated team. In fact, when I get to be group leader, my faves are 4-0-4 or 2-3-3, just to put the enemy on the backfoot :D

Edited by chimex

Pretty much the highlighted. they could not hold a node for very long at all. We managed to grab mid eventually. The two of us there guarded, called incs and nobody came. I don't embarrass easily, but a 6 medal average on the scoreboard confirmed my suspicions that these were not very good players.(in case you're wondering, I got 11, the team leader sat on a not too shabby 12)

Edit: I agree, those combinations can be effective with a well coordinated team. In fact, when I get to be group leader, my faves are 4-0-4 or 2-3-3, just to put the enemy on the backfoot :D

Boo on them, then. :\ I think the level of people who don't read ops chat in PvP has increased since 2.0. Maybe it's the accessibility of PvP to PvErs now, or something, but it's bad.

That or they say 'i do wat i want don b bossy' and then go off to solo the enemy node with 4 defending it.

pvp for dailies and weekly and same for flashpoints, unless you want to complete a gear set for cosmetics or you are undergeared( hard now with the same commendations) the rest follow the level of planets and quests, you'll find there are a loooot of missions