Voidstar exploit?

UltimateKrucible

I was playing Voidstar last night and came across a scenario - which may be fairly common, although I'd never seen it before - where a sorc somehow managed to jump the gap outside the spawn door and stay on the broken bridge which divides the two main areas of the 1st chamber.

From there he could force lightning anyone who came within reach, without facing danger himself. His teamates, especially the ranged classes, then clustered underneath the bridge and shot at anyone trying to cap the door.

This resulted in:

1) Anyone trying to cap the door being constantly interrupted.

2) Anyone trying to engage the opposing ranged classes in melee being hit by lightning from above.

Obviously, this resulted in a win for the opposing team. I was impressed by their teamwork and discipline, but couldn't help thinking that the whole death from above thing was an exploit.

Any thoughts?

Yes, I assume that's what eventually happened - but to do that, as I've said, you had to get close enough. The other team were pretty disciplied, with two 'battle lines' of melee then ranged infront of the bridge. This made actually getting within pull range pretty tricky.

Basicallly, it gave the sorc about a minute, a minute and a half of danger-free damage - something crucial in the opening stages of Voidstar. And of course they just went back there after respawning, meaning we had to repeat the process ad infinitum, making acutally capping the door virtually impossible.

I can't see how this is working as intended.

I can't see how this is working as intended.

why? because it takes 2 seconds of thought to pull him down? oh, well you're right the devs always cave in these situations

i love it how the devs spend 'so much time on the design of a warzone to accommodate each class' yet they miss things like this(which lets face it, will get removed) and the ability to jump the gap after the first door.

Edited by FourTwent

If you don't have a PT you can get a gunslinger to root and then team focus him pretty quickly. Not sure if its in range for a Sentenel to leap to him and then knock him off. Seen it before, but they typically don't last long there. Edited by Ybini

If you don't have a PT you can get a gunslinger to root and then team focus him pretty quickly. Not sure if its in range for a Sentenel to leap to him and then knock him off. Seen it before, but they typically don't last long there.

If he can reach people with his 30m attacks I don't see why anyone else's 30m attacks wouldn't reach him.

Also that is like 50m from the door. If he is hitting people with lightning at the door from there that would be something to look at.