Reasonable results from slicing

Motivationman

I came late to the slicing party. I literally hit 400 a day or two before the nerf (it did help me pay for level 40 speeder though). I've been running it and at 400 slicing I barely break even and only turn a slight profit.

Much like when they nerfed space mission rewards in beta they have taken something that was too powerful and now made it too weak.

As it stands right now I'll probably drop the profession. However I think I have a proposal to make slicing work.

Here is a proposal for you that will make slicing worthwhile without making it insanely overpowered:

1-150: slicing missions run at a loss

151-300: Slicing missions break even or make a small profit

300+: Slicing missions average a return of 1.5x mission cost with about 1/5 missions returning 2x mission cost

I think this is fair. What do you think?

Edited by Motivationman

I came late to the slicing party. I literally hit 400 a day or two before the nerf (it did help me pay for level 40 speeder though). I've been running it and at 400 slicing I barely break even and only turn a slight profit.

Much like when they nerfed space mission rewards in beta they have taken something that was too powerful and now made it too weak.

As it stands right now I'll probably drop the profession. However I think I have a proposal to make slicing work.

Here is a proposal for you that will make slicing worthwhile without making it insanely overpowered:

1-150: slicing missions run at a loss

151-300: Slicing missions break even or make a small profit

300+: Slicing missions average a return of 1.5x mission cost with about 1/5 missions returning 2x mission cost

I think this is fair. What do you think?

thats a lot of no profit grinding which is expensive. If they do that to slicing, better do it to the rest like treasure hunting, etc...

I was under the impression that basically every profession was a credit sink at the beginning.

Except slicing will remain credit sink at all time now. And the money return from slicing is capped while the money return from other gathering skill is base on the market which could net you millions profit when mature or lost when not mature like now.

Well most other skills go with a crafting skill so you do/can make money. Slicing realy doesnt minus a few things. Like for bio, i wont make much with my diplomacy skill up front, but the stims, and medpacks i make do make me money.

Thats the one major downfall of slicing. And since the 70% nerf, it sucks lol. THey need to make slicing needed by all professions in some way, give them items to make, or force people to use slicer to open lock boxes, safes, etc like they did in SWG with the smuggler profession.

Slicers need something added to their skill to make them worthwhile.