Utility Changes in Game Update 5.9

EricMusco

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know these changes are ****** for a lot of people, but my inner Rage Jugg is loving this, Rage meta coming? ;P

I don't think this helps Rage much at all. Rage Juggs either need a new GTF0 me cooldown, a buff to Saber Reflect to make it that cooldown, or a nerf to all the other classes that outperform them in the same role, especially Fury Maras.

Edited by wadecounty

I don't think this helps Rage much at all. Rage Juggs either need a new GTF0 me cooldown, a buff to Saber Reflect to make it that cooldown, or a nerf to all the other classes that outperform them in the same role, especially Fury Maras.

Agreed. Vigi will be the way to go for guardians for the forseeable future. And maras are arguably still better.

Eh it's something anyways, Rage can use the extra survivability pretty well. The burst and damage are there to perform well, it just needs that little extra defensives. Sure it's not amazing but an extra 5% DR with very high uptime plus a fixed ED might just make it very solid in regs at least.

I'll trade you some dps buffs for some dcd buffs!

-signed AP PT/VG

This right here. I wish I had the damage mitigation that sorcs now have. This is asinine. If they want to swap some of our dps for their defenses, I'll happily make that trade.

To be fair, if PT dcd's were improved they'd have to nerf their dps. That burst in pvp :D

Sounds like a fair trade to me.

To be fair, if PT dcd's were improved they'd have to nerf their dps. That burst in pvp :D

Sounds like a fair trade to me.

Why? Lots of classes hit just as hard but don't have to sacrifice. My marksman sniper and my mara both hit like freight trains yet have more than twice the survivability.

Probably too late for this to be included in 5.9, but I'll bring it up anyway.

Seeing as you're improving Enraged Defense's health scaling, is there any chance you could do the same with the Assassin's Shelter utility for Sins?

Currently (in full BiS) it only restores about 3k health over 6 seconds, or up to 4k w/crits, which is practically useless considering most people are running around with 120k-ish HP. I'd suggest bumping it up to somewhere in the region of 10k over the 6 seconds, and maybe even increase the 5% DR slightly as well.

Because at the moment, 3k HP over 6s + 5% DR on an ability with a 45s cooldown that only affects group members within 15m, and doesn't affect the user, is a waste of a utility point.

And why exactly it is that Assassin's Shelter, Sonic Rebounder, and Sonic Wall don't affect their user while the 4 raid buffs, Predation and Ballistic Shield all do affect the user, anyway? Having those 3 function like every other group buff wouldn't break anything, surely. Especially considering Shelter and Wall don't do a whole lot, and while Rebounders can be quite strong, the ability to negate single big hits is something PT's are sorely lacking.

As a side note, I also wouldn't be unhappy if you took Obfuscate away from Maras and gave it to Sins.

Honest question, would anyone even be upset if they just made merc reflect a baseline ability for bounty hunters? I don't think it would make tanks overpowered, and the DPS PT specs could badly use it.

Generally merc reflect (i.e. Echoing Deterrence/Responsive Safeguards) should get internal timer between its heals, like around 1 second, to prevent refilling health with it. Like merc's basic attack (Rapid Shots) launched to it restores 50% of health instantly. Something similar once happened to me in Explosive Conflict 3rd boss, that shot Hammer Shots at me & refilled mah HP from 10% back to 100% l'm pretty sure that's not intended.

And yah, sharing it between all Bounty Hunters/Troopers would be really nice. That'd make kinda nice anti-tunneling option for VG/PT, as well as allow to eat some mechanics for VG/PT Tanks in NiM content. Also shields for my Main VG are theme-wise, so receiving more shields is mah personal Wish as well u3u.

Recently three classes those were lacking defenses mostly - it's Sorc/Sage, Juggernaut/Guardian & Vanguard/Powertech. With current 5.9 update Sorc/Sage receives extra defense buffs, as well as Jugg/Guardian which gets its selfheal DCD fixed. But what's about VG/PT? 30% DoT reduction on Plasma spec might be nice for some PvE fights (Nefra comes in mind), but that doesn't cut it. Why not fill this one and only remaining gap & buff PT/VG seriously? Once l saw a player that lacked only 1 datacron on Ord Mantel, and ported him via summon on top of it because l don't like aything looking nearly perfect, l wanna bring it to "totally perfect" category. Something says me current class layout can't be called "totally perfect" with VG/PT lacking defenses in a way they do it today.

Edited by DDaMAGEr

• 2 weeks later...
The arsenal changes were always bad to begin with as they nerfed the wrong aspect (damage instead of cooldowns/survivability), that being said that's 1 spec, all 3 tanks are nerfed here so no matter what you bring you're losing significant damage in ops fights. Then again I don't know if they even care about the balance of ops anymore.

They dont, they told us that previously.

• 1 month later...