grand army of republic (clone army) vs army of old republic (swtor era)

rogetrooper

who will win suface combat betwin GAR vs army of rebublic in swtor era

battlefield kuat suface

army of old rebublic ORBAT

3 infantry division

2 amour division

grand army of rebublic ORBAT

3 legion

2 amour battlegroup

note

no heros or name caracters

starship not avaible for this battle not including fighter, bomber or gunship not larger then LAAT

bout army are frech of transport

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tough Call, Clones - Trained since Birth, solid 9-10 years of training...

OR Army - Older, more experienced (Likely) against other sentients, probably more innovative too.

I'd give this to the OR Army personally.

I would have to agree with Selenial here. They have been around longer are much more experienced and much more innovative, Honestly we can kind of see what the OR army would be like with Rohm Kota his troops were all militia as he didn't trust clones and he felt they would never be as inventive as normal human beings and his troop was supposedly one of the most decorated of the Clone wars.

I can't believe Kota's opinion of Clones is being used here. Time after time Clones have been shown to be adaptive and inventive on the battlefield. Not only that, but they were trained to be the best fighting force in the galaxy.

Also, the GAR has far better vehicles in its arsenal, including the AT-AT.

I can't believe Kota's opinion of Clones is being used here. Time after time Clones have been shown to be adaptive and inventive on the battlefield. Not only that, but they were trained to be the best fighting force in the galaxy.

Also, the GAR has far better vehicles in its arsenal, including the AT-AT.

Au, there's no AT-ATs in Rise of the Empire. The most the GAR has is the AT-XT, which is the proto for the AT-ST.

AT-ATs first saw action during the Clone Wars.

Source? Empire at war claims them to be prototypes during the Rise of the rebellion.

Also, these are standard clone legions, I highly doubt if AT-AT's were available during the clone wars, they'd be a standard.

Whats higher canon, EAW or comics? Because EAW directly states them to be prototypes during the Rise of the Empire.

I don't know. But the Essential Atlas notes them to be newly-deployed at the Battle of Jabiim during the second year of the Clone Wars.

I don't know. But the Essential Atlas notes them to be newly-deployed at the Battle of Jabiim during the second year of the Clone Wars.

And the Prima Game Guide, along with EAW states that the battle of Carrida was its first test... Conflicting Canon it seems

According to The New Essential Guide to Vehicles and Vessels, the AT-AT was invented and developed by the Galactic Empire. The guide also states "The At-ATs history began during the Clone Wars when the Republic experienced success with the AT-TA, At-PT and other walkers."

No mention of the AT-AT being used during the Clone Wars at all. These were built afterward. Maximillian Veers resurrected the project. The same Veers who would eventually lead the At-AT attack on Echo Base during the Battle of Hoth. At-TEs were the walkers theRepublic used during the Clone Wars.

Edited by Kilikaa

According to The New Essential Guide to Vehicles and Vessels, the AT-AT was invented and developed by the Galactic Empire. The guide also states "The At-ATs history began during the Clone Wars when the Republic experienced success with the AT-TA, At-PT and other walkers."

No mention of the AT-AT being used during the Clone Wars at all. These were built afterward. Maximillian Veers resurrected the project. The same Veers who would eventually lead the At-AT attack on Echo Base during the Battle of Hoth. At-TEs were the walkers theRepublic used during the Clone Wars.

You are skipping one very important sentence:

The AT-AT's history began during the Clone Wars, when the Republic experienced success with the AT-TE, the AT-PT, and other "walkers." Years later, Commander Maximillian Veers resurrected the AT-AT concept, and the vehicles became a staple of the Imperial Army.

Emphasis mine. I see no conflict in sources.

Edited by Aurbere

I did not skip anything. The guide I have clearly states that the AT-AT was affiliated with the Galactic Empire. Walkers such as the PT and TE are listed as Old Republic. The AT's development may have started under the OR and was brought back to life by Veers and the Empire, but non were built and deployed by the GAR. I don't normally disagree with you, Aurbere. I know a lot about Star Wars but you know a lot more than I do and I learn quite a bit from you. In this case, however, I have to disagree. There does seem to be a conflict in sources here.

AT-AT was Imp department of Miliary research + Kuat Drive Yards

It was made post-war because of the Imperials finding minefield vulnerability in the AT-TE. The only walkers that the Empire really carried over from the GAR was the AT-TE. The AT-PT had all but disappeared with the Katana fleet, and the AT-ST had only been proto'd, but never fielded in the Clone Wars.

My source for this is the New Essential Guide to Vehicles and Vessels

EU books> Essential Guides> Comics> Game-canon

No...

No no.

No no no no no.

Game canon is not below Comics, especially when it's in a cutscene. And especially more when the game has in depth analysis on every single unit, it's capabilities and sometimes its origins.

I'm starting to lean towards TCW too, because Veers is described as choosing to resurrect the AT-AT because he thought they suited him....

Yah. But I don't think Standard Clone Legions had them.

I did not skip anything. The guide I have clearly states that the AT-AT was affiliated with the Galactic Empire. Walkers such as the PT and TE are listed as Old Republic. The AT's development may have started under the OR and was brought back to life by Veers and the Empire, but non were built and deployed by the GAR. I don't normally disagree with you, Aurbere. I know a lot about Star Wars but you know a lot more than I do and I learn quite a bit from you. In this case, however, I have to disagree. There does seem to be a conflict in sources here.

Weeks of soggy warfare on Jabiim ended with a costly Republic withdrawl, despite the use of the newly introduced AT-ATs.

The New Essential Guide to Vehicles and Vessels was published in 2003. The Essential Atlas was published in 2009. (Just in case I decide to use publication dates as evidence)

I'm starting to lean towards TCW too, because Veers is described as choosing to resurrect the AT-AT because he thought they suited him....

Yah. But I don't think Standard Clone Legions had them.

There are also armored divisions, and I would think the Republic would have a few AT-ATs out there in the third year (since they came in during the second year).

There are also armored divisions, and I would think the Republic would have a few AT-ATs out there in the third year (since they came in during the second year).

i have my douth that AT-AT was in genral GAR inventory consider at some point the AT-AT project was scrapet by the republic, who was in faver of wheel tank like the a5 and a6 juggernaut question is who may dide rebublic bulid befor the rebulic scrapet the AT-AT project may be the seven deployed at battle of jabbiin was the only one bulid befor rebublic canseled the project. if AT-AT as bin in genral inventory wookeepedia say somting like veers continued the project rater en seurrecet the project

note source

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/All_Terrain_Armored_Transport