super low fps in pvp

szczypaczek

Didint play this game during the weekend but when i loged today i had like 5-10 fps in pvp. Tried everything, lowering graphic settings, turning shadows off, but still max 10 fps while pvping. I just wanna ask: *** BW is with your product, I'm paying cash and can't play. So annoying.

In all fairness the Hero engine requires the end user to have compatible specs. They have already stated this. I run on an old school Asus G60J with 4GB RAM and the game is definitely NOT unplayable, but it does get choppy at times. It seems to have gotten a bit worse recently, but nothing that is unplayable.

FPS lag in warzones, and in general tbh, has gotten worse as the game has progressed. at launch, i would get 70-90 FPS on the fleet, at all times. now i get 30-60 depending on how many people are on screen.

the graphics sliders are also a joke. the in-between settings do nothing to improve performance; this game has "low" and "high" settings, and "low" offers only about a 15% increase in FPS over high. id love to see an entire dev cycle put into game optimization, but i doubt we will see that b/c its not part of the Cartel market.

I know there are pubs on my server that exploit the server by creating lag. I think the word on the street is that they spam screen capture. This causes them to glitch to opposing users such as falling through floors causing them to be un-targetable, as well as disappearing for a couple of seconds.

The week after 2.0 came out, a number of people I play with commented on how much better the graphics were, how much less lag there was, etc.

But now....

It seems like the new abilities and the need for them to interact with each has overwhelmed the server's calculation abilities. For example, when attempting to throw a mezz grenade it is 3-4 seconds before anything appears on screen. When an enemy stealth player appears near you and begins attacking, it is 4-6 seconds before their avatar appears on the screen and they can be targeted (you just see ghost outline which doesn't enable you to determine what class they are or to click on them or tab target them). And even without those kinds of special circumstances, fps is commonly in the single digit range in a warzone.

The week after 2.0 came out, a number of people I play with commented on how much better the graphics were, how much less lag there was, etc.

But now....

It seems like the new abilities and the need for them to interact with each has overwhelmed the server's calculation abilities. For example, when attempting to throw a mezz grenade it is 3-4 seconds before anything appears on screen. When an enemy stealth player appears near you and begins attacking, it is 4-6 seconds before their avatar appears on the screen and they can be targeted (you just see ghost outline which doesn't enable you to determine what class they are or to click on them or tab target them). And even without those kinds of special circumstances, fps is commonly in the single digit range in a warzone.

I love PvP in this game.... I just can't enjoy it when my fps drops down to 6 FPS randomly in warzones.... and.... no it's not just "me" it's like my entire guild which has the exact same problems...

before "fixing" your bolster and new pvp items etc. .... fix your lag.

Edited by Sziroten

i have been noticing lag that looks like network lag but isnt. my ping hasnt climbed of 60 (its typically ~35) in that time, but i am seeing rubberbanding, a ton of ability delay and ghost GCDs (press button -> GCD starts -> nothing happens).

wtb proper optimization

Didint play this game during the weekend but when i loged today i had like 5-10 fps in pvp. Tried everything, lowering graphic settings, turning shadows off, but still max 10 fps while pvping. I just wanna ask: *** BW is with your product, I'm paying cash and can't play. So annoying.

Do you have win 7?

Does your cpu have 4 or more cores?

If you answered yes to both of the questions, then its likey win 7 is parking some of your cpu cores, the difference was night and day for me, I was completely floored by the improvement I gained.

Just youtube "unparked cpu cores" and look for craig Chamberlins video/s

Also make sure if your using an nvidia card, that you have it set on performance mode and NOT adaptive mode.

The hero engine is iffy at times but its seriously not that bad.

I know there are pubs on my server that exploit the server by creating lag. I think the word on the street is that they spam screen capture. This causes them to glitch to opposing users such as falling through floors causing them to be un-targetable, as well as disappearing for a couple of seconds.

as there are imperials on my server that does the same.

Yeah, the performance is getting worse and worse. 2.0 really messed it up for me with frequent spikes in lag and very low fps in WZs most of the time.

It's all good though, I think I'm pretty much done with this game... I spend more time reading the forums from work than I actually play the game, I think that's an omen.