Any word on Zenith?

bluehufsa

• 3 months later...
I doubt, just look at the "worst companion " thread, almost everyone hates him. I don't hate him, he's kinda fun to have around, so is Nadia.

Zenith?

I was under the impression that he was popular, or least one of the more liked of the Consular's crew. Sgt. Rusk on the Jedi Knight's crew, on the other hand...

Edited by Aeneas_Falco

Zenith?

I was under the impression that he was popular, or least one of the more liked of the Consular's crew. Sgt. Rusk on the Jedi Knight's crew, on the other hand...

Not popular enough to be recruit-able or re-recruit-able :( . That's too bad, cause him and Nadia are the only Consular companions that actually make sense - Nadia is a force sensitive and future padawan , Zenith is an anti-Empire rebel.

About Sgt. Rusk, dunno what to say, i don't hate him but I'm not crazy about him either.

I honestly doubt that very many of the remaining missing companions will be brought back in a stroy or any meaningfully different manner than "Oh look who just stepped off a passenger transport from <the SWTOR equivalent of Outer Mongolia>."

KOTFE and KOTET were not particularly well received as a package and the missing companions are a large part of that. Dragging the return out for another season (year) or two would likely just annoy further. I just took my JC to the terminal on Odessan and brought back the one's I liked that way and made up my own story (more or less). I left Zenith as missing btw.

I honestly doubt that very many of the remaining missing companions will be brought back in a stroy or any meaningfully different manner than "Oh look who just stepped off a passenger transport from <the SWTOR equivalent of Outer Mongolia>."

KOTFE and KOTET were not particularly well received as a package and the missing companions are a large part of that. Dragging the return out for another season (year) or two would likely just annoy further. I just took my JC to the terminal on Odessan and brought back the one's I liked that way and made up my own story (more or less). I left Zenith as missing btw.

There's one problem, the developers said we will (eventually) get all of our companions back. Do i have to wait ten years for Zenith? I will wait, he is worth, at least for me.

I've waited for him to come back ever since I found out about the datamined alert, I've waited when they kept putting off alerts, I have even waited when KOTFE ended. He and Nadia are one of the reasons my Sage never became the Outlander, and she will stay that way until both come back.

Also, killable NPCs that only appear once like Vik is not acceptable. I want them as companions who actually take part in the story rather than cameos. And if you include a Zenith romance, like some people on the forum asked before, I might actually forgive some of the mess ups you did in the KOTFE/ KOTET story XD

And if you include a Zenith romance, like some people on the forum asked before, I might actually forgive some of the mess ups you did in the KOTFE/ KOTET story XD

Where have you been all my life? I would love to see a Zenith romance, but there's a 0,0000 chance because of Theron Shan being a romance option - is the same voice actor for him & Zenith.

There's one problem, the developers said we will (eventually) get all of our companions back. Do i have to wait ten years for Zenith? I will wait, he is worth, at least for me.

Oh we will get them back, it just won't be in a chapter each though imo.

At this point I think the most likely case is that the missing class companions will be returned to their Outlander all at once. Quite literally stepping off a transport from somewhere. Dragging out the return won't make anyone happy and would be perceived as filler content by many. Besides with 17 companions (4 of them in the JC class alone) there's just too many, even if they double them up, for there to be a chapter each or a chapter per 2 and still have a new or continuing story line.

Still missing:

Doc

Kira Carsen

Lord Scourge

Nadia Grell

Felix Iresso

Zenith

Tharan Cedrax

Corso Riggs

Risha Drayen

Akaavi Sparr

Jaesa Willsam

Khem Val

Andronikos Revel

Ashara Zavros

Reina Temple

Vector Hyllius

Mako

Edit: One other potential problem with a detailed return is the ongoing Voice Actor Strike. If all of this story line is covered in a pre February 2015 agreement, they could proceed with recording new dialogue, otherwise no. If dialogue for all the characters was already recorded than it's far less of a problem (duh).

Edited by Keta

I agree with your point of view, " literally stepping off a transport somewhere" would not please the community at all, my friends HATED the way they got to re-recruit Malavai Quinn and Elara Dorne. Not meaningful or passionate enough, they said.

As a JC, i don't want Nadia and Zenith to appear out of nowhere, especially because of their personalities and allegiances - one is ( or was) a Jedi padawan, the other a rebel and patriot dedicated to Balmorra.

Never knew anything about a voice actors strike, but i'm optimistic, if Troy Baker has time to record a few lines for Theron Shan, maybe he will do the same for Zenith too.

Sorry if i'm a bit too passionate, but JC is my main class and i really want my crew back.

You misunderstand. The remaining companions are most likely to return en mass via a transport or something. There's very little likelihood of BW having 17 more chapters of something to return them.

Charles put it like this in a thread a while back (paragraph D):

"Companion returns had to be put on the backburner to achieve these changes, and my original plan to do entire chapters for each of them just aren't feasible at this point, so we're currently working on plans to get them back as expediently as possible. "

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=9339708#edit9339708

That's why I say the're coming back in a pax transport. There won't be 17 chapters, I doubt there'll be 8 in fact. There will be a storyline explanation as to why Zenith (et. al), was gone for so long though.

Most folks really disliked the missing companion thing in the KOTE series. Most of those disliked the filler chapters which included finding old companions.

I hope it all works out for people though with missing companions (everyone but the trooper). I actually stopped playing my JC because of the missing companions until i just used the terminal to get the ones I wanted back.

The next season of game play isn't that far away, we'll see what happens. If they're not all returned by the end of that season's playthrough ... meaning another year of waiting? Who knows the reaction.

That's just my opinion though, I've been known to be wrong.

Aloha.

You misunderstand. The remaining companions are most likely to return en mass via a transport or something.

That's why I say the're coming back in a pax transport. There won't be 17 chapters, I doubt there'll be 8 in fact. There will be a storyline explanation as to why Zenith (et. al), was gone for so long though .

That mass return will require either a lot of Alliance alerts or a companions- only chapter, with some kind of story something like: a group of Jedi and Sith rescued prisoners kept by Valkorion in a "safe location". They "acquired" a ship and are coming to Odessen. At arrival, the Outlander will have to talk to every new person and even arbiter some conflicts , for example Khem Val trying to attack Nadia Grell or Kira Carsen .

I don't care about Zenith at all but given he's a resistance fighter, you'd have thought it made more sense to bring him back during the 2 expansions. Even more so Lord Scourge given the fact he served the Sith Emperor for 3 centuries. They missed the trick on that big time. Kira too, to some extent.

It's always possible that the Outlander will only see the return of the missing companions from his/her class. Thus our JC characters would see the 4 companions but no Lord Scourge etc. Just a thought.