Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

8 vs 8 ranked: Sign if you agree this needs to be done!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
8 vs 8 ranked: Sign if you agree this needs to be done!

Jherad
10.23.2014 , 07:34 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Jadescythe View Post
This is incorrect. If they added 8v8 ranked back in tomorrow, how many players would come back to the game? Maybe 100 across all servers? And they wouldn't stay long when they realize it's the same as it was before.

So yes, there are many things that need to change before 8v8 is viable or helpful to the community.
I never said 8v8s are the panacea (although I'd probably be a sub for the life of the game if they reimplemented them with cross server). But my point about PvP content stands - it has been utterly neglected, which is why people left. If you want people back, you need content.

You don't say 'well IF the people come back, we'll add the content'. Because that's as dumb as a box of rocks.
Zachar´ah - Commando / Chasso, Aargh - Merc
The Twinkletoes Legacy
Zachariah's Merc/Mando PvP Guides
2.4 is the PvP Patch! ... J/K, Removing RWZs trolololol

JediMasterSLC
10.23.2014 , 08:47 PM | #22
I know people that would resub for the return of 8v8 ranked. But not sure it would bring back enough people for it to work... Need cross server.

LordCaramun
10.23.2014 , 09:12 PM | #23
Quite the ballot here.

/notsigned

Haystak
10.23.2014 , 09:36 PM | #24
8v8 would be an even bigger abomination now than it was then.

Class imbalance was rubish, and unless you guys are expecting a small miracle, class imbalance is going to be very real right after an expansion the turns numerous classes upside down in terms of ability goes, so all those players you saw jump ship the last time things were jacked up....get ready for some de ja vu, because thats exactly what will happen again.

No new warzones that even remotely support the level of coordination to entertain more competetive groups. Arenas barely survive. Hutball is the only real map that even comes close to being a fun map to do 8s ranked in. Queshball would be interesting to see, but really, the map is so easy to score on that I dont see many people playing it and having fun.

No one is going to play ranked 8s. Nothing has changed since the last time it tanked.
60s Scoundrel,Sage
55s Everything else

HaLeX
10.23.2014 , 11:24 PM | #25
Bringing back 8s alone wouldn't work. I've always advocated 2 four man teams with a more relaxed rating system. The benefits would be ;
1. Easy for guilds to get 4 people to que and you can sub players in and out.
2. Warzones are much more fun and attractive to most of the player base.
3. You match the teams randomly to avoid que exploits and to avoid people facing the same team over and over.
4. I know this isn't ideal for the hardcore pvper, however, I think they just need to accept the fact that if you want the best competition your playing the wrong game.
5. I'm against a solo 8 man que bc it's too easy to troll it.
6. They could keep arenas as a 2vs2 or just allow duels and/or official tourneys to determine top players. 4 man cannot be saved in my opinion. It was a bad idea, period.
GatorCountry GatorNation GatorUniverse POT5 SithUnited

ThorgrimLutgen
10.24.2014 , 02:41 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by TezMoney View Post
Yeah seriously. Everytime I see a "bring 8v8 back" post, I think "Where do these people thing these teams are going to materialize from?" Do people really think regStarz don't play ranked just because they don't like arena? There's a lot more to it then just the game format.
For some yes.

For many people it is indeed the fact that they do not like arenas. They are simply too dull to be passed off as entertainment. I can stomach a few per day, then it's back to regs, which then tends to throw me an arena as a slap in the face anyway.

Icykill_
10.24.2014 , 03:38 AM | #27
Consider me signed up

RIP APAC Players 😢😢😢😢💦
Please click this Refer a Friend link for free stuff

Zoom_VI
10.24.2014 , 05:29 AM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by ThorgrimLutgen View Post
For some yes.

For many people it is indeed the fact that they do not like arenas. They are simply too dull to be passed off as entertainment. I can stomach a few per day, then it's back to regs, which then tends to throw me an arena as a slap in the face anyway.
Those "many" people are way less than you think, if you honestly think 8v8 would revitalize anything then I am going to have to laugh at you. Like seriously you would have to have a severe case of rose-tinted glasses considering 8v8 ranked only ever happened on two servers at the time of its death, and even on those servers it wasn't exactly booming.
Crinn

Sanity is for the weak minded.

MsMalice
10.24.2014 , 06:25 AM | #29
8v8s were a pain to get going, but I don't see why having the option is a bad thing so /signed. I want 2v2 & 3v3 team ranked arenas.
RAYE
R.I.P. JIRAYA

sanchito
10.24.2014 , 06:28 AM | #30
i liked to play 8man ranked but it would never work without cross server imho. On tofn even after some teams transfered from other servers, outside of maybe a 2 hour window during prime time we still had to schedule our matches in order to get pops, and there were rarely more than 4 teams in the queue at the same time